U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 05:21 PM

692 posts, read 1,567,946 times

Advertisements

23/6 had a top ten of quotes by McCain's spiritual advisers:

Top 10 Outrageous Quotes from McCain's Spiritual Advisers - 236 - The Room
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 07:06 AM

3,568 posts, read 3,269,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
23/6 had a top ten of quotes by McCain's spiritual advisers:

Top 10 Outrageous Quotes from McCain's Spiritual Advisers - 236 - The Room
Please link the site or sites where McCain is quoted as calling any of these people his "spiritual advisor/s."

Old 04-26-2008, 03:14 PM

692 posts, read 1,567,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Please link the site or sites where McCain is quoted as calling any of these people his "spiritual advisor/s."

YouTube - John McCain Praising Rod Parsley in Cincinnati

I'll try to find the interview as well.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:24 PM

3,568 posts, read 3,269,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post

YouTube - John McCain Praising Rod Parsley in Cincinnati

I'll try to find the interview as well.
Well McCain describes Parseley as "a moral compass" and "a spiritual guide". It doesn't say he's his spiritual advisor. You have to understand what's going on here. McCain ran afoul of the so-called religious right in 2000. This time around he didn't want to make the same political mistake. So he panders to these people, as politicians are wont to do. I doubt they have any influence on him nor will they have much influence, if any, on his presidency if he were to win.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:26 PM

3,255 posts, read 4,577,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Well McCain describes Parseley as "a moral compass" and "a spiritual guide". It doesn't say he's his spiritual advisor. You have to understand what's going on here. McCain ran afoul of the so-called religious right in 2000. This time around he didn't want to make the same political mistake. So he panders to these people, as politicians are wont to do. I doubt they have any influence on him nor will they have much influence, if any, on his presidency if he were to win.
Unfair Jim, you are quibbling over words, but if in fact John McCain is bare faced lying over the fact that he finds these peoples his moral compass and spiritual guide, perhaps his straight talking is with forked tongue!

Old 04-26-2008, 07:22 PM

8,632 posts, read 9,150,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
He says things like "God destoryed New Orleans because of homosexuals" and "America got 9-11 because it turned against God" and "Catholics worship Satan" just to name a few. Yet John McCain sticks with him!

John McCain Embraces the Religious Extremism of John Hagee
Well I believe you lost any credibility to this thread as soon as you said (McCains pastor) nice try though! Never the less from a pure Biblical sense Hagees comments arent so out of whack! Its not like he is claiming Jesus was black or any thing!

Old 04-26-2008, 09:56 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,268,961 times
I see the Obama fan club members are worried about McCain already!!

McCain is not prize but at least he has accomplished something in his life unlike the third candidate who has suckered many people to think he is something is he not.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:10 PM

7,946 posts, read 15,006,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well I believe you lost any credibility to this thread as soon as you said (McCains pastor) nice try though! Never the less from a pure Biblical sense Hagees comments arent so out of whack! Its not like he is claiming Jesus was black or any thing!
I think he is a bit too Old Testament. Being as we are biblically in the age of grace, I don't think God pours down his wrath upon sinful cities in this day and age. I mean, if he destroyed New Orleans for homosexuality he would also have to destroy San Francisco and Toronto as well. I think WE caused the New Orleans devastation by neglecting the problem until it was too late.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:23 PM

14,745 posts, read 31,175,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
He says things like "God destoryed New Orleans because of homosexuals" and "America got 9-11 because it turned against God" and "Catholics worship Satan" just to name a few. Yet John McCain sticks with him!

John McCain Embraces the Religious Extremism of John Hagee
This is an old story. And no, John Hagee is not McCain's pastor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or