U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 06:50 AM

5,697 posts, read 5,442,454 times

Advertisements

well, Obama laughed at Fla and said "who needs Fla"??
I sure hope the people of Fla remember that!!
A re- vote was offered for both Fla and Mi but unless it was a cacus, Obama refused
two states screwed by Obama
Obama is not only a
politician , he is a lousy one
he will never be president
after his fine Rev Wright gets finnished with him he is done!
and I say GOOD!! he might even loose in NC!!
the new polls show he is down by 3 points!
hot dog!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 07:06 AM

3,255 posts, read 4,576,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
A re- vote was offered for both Fla and Mi but unless it was a cacus, Obama refused
Obama is not only a
hot dog!!
Can you explain why you have such anger for a Democratic candidate? I do not understand it. I see this as a chance to choose between two good candidates, lucky us, and when the dust settles, we rally round the Democratic flag and charge to victory in November? Seems ridiculous to me that we have let this thing cause a civil war.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:16 PM

307 posts, read 466,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Can you explain why you have such anger for a Democratic candidate? I do not understand it. I see this as a chance to choose between two good candidates, lucky us, and when the dust settles, we rally round the Democratic flag and charge to victory in November? Seems ridiculous to me that we have let this thing cause a civil war.
Part of the anger is because people feel that there vote isn't going to count. While one can tell them all day long that "They Broke The Rules", or "The Candidates Agreed Not To Count Them" that doesn't cut it.

The VOTERS NEVER BROKE THE RULES!!!

It was a decision made by a group of politicians and the Penalty (Your votes don't count) was decided on by the political machinery of the DNC. The PEOPLE of Florida had no real say in either of these. Yet they are the ones being punished.

Here's an analogy that may help take it far enough away for people to understand.

There is an election for School Student President. The school board uses a strange archaic system to determine which class votes when, a system none of the students really understand. Two of the teachers decide to hold votes in their class before the appointed time, but after the start of the election. Because of this the students in those two classes are penalized and told "Your votes don't count".

If you were a student how would you feel? Especially if you found out that your vote would have changed the outcome of the election. You didn't move the election, the teacher did. You didn't determine the penalty, A bunch of jerks on the school board did.

You didn't agree that your vote shouldn't count. You didn't institute the asinine ordering of the class votes, nor the super student voter system, nor the strange CaCa system used in some classes. To you, a student, it is an unfair joke of a system that just shows that the people in power don't care.

Given all that can you see how many (Not All) of the students would be quite angry at anyone who does not do their best to get their vote counted?

Worse still those with the power (The School Board ) to make thing right (Count the votes OR hold another election) refuse to take any action. And while one of the candidates appears to be on your side, the other appears to be against counting your vote. Now who are you most likely to be angry with?

And if your vote was for the student who is supporting you, how angry do you think you would be? Especially if it looks like your student candidate will lose because your vote wasn't counted.

Random

Last edited by RandomU; 04-25-2008 at 01:42 PM..

Old 04-25-2008, 01:38 PM

270 posts, read 485,440 times
I would be pissed off if my vote didn't count. I don't care if the politicians made an agreement before hand or not. They sure as hell didn't include me in their conversations or agreements. I would do what many of the people in Michigan and Florida did, I would have gone to vote anyway just to exercise my right. It is a right isn't it?

Old 04-25-2008, 01:47 PM

1,643 posts, read 2,101,777 times
Quote:
Source?

Quote:
A re- vote was offered for both Fla and Mi but unless it was a caucus, Obama refused
A revote was only going to happen if it was privately funded, the Clinton Campaign said they'd fund it. And if you don't see the problem with one of the candidates funding the revote than I'm not sure it's worth explaining it to you.

As for Obama "refusing it unless it was a caucus" I ask.... Source?

Old 04-25-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
A revote was only going to happen if it was privately funded, the Clinton Campaign said they'd fund it. And if you don't see the problem with one of the candidates funding the revote than I'm not sure it's worth explaining it to you.
Nothing prevented Obama from making the same offer. Or to offer to JOIN Clinton in funding the revote for those states, as in UNITY. Please explain the problem with both candidates backers agreeing to jointly fund the revote?

The voters see one candidate "The Poorest" offering to help them out and the other "The Rich one" saying in affect "I won't give you one cent, you voters don't need to count."

Thus the anger of some Voters towards Obama.

Random

Last edited by RandomU; 04-25-2008 at 02:17 PM..

Old 04-25-2008, 02:15 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,197,117 times
Quote:
Obama is not only a
hot dog!!
Do you have a quote from an article to back up your statement that you heard or read Obama said "who needs Florida"? It's highly unlikely that he said it since the news would have be all over it. How about more focus on Hillary disenfranchising all the caucus states whose votes she doesn't want to count that have no popular vote attached to it.
On the Rev. Wright subject you mentioned, you need to get over Rev. Wright because Americans have made up their minds already and have moved on and I suggest you do the same.
So Obama is down by 3 points n NC? Hmmm. You need to get an average from all polls and not just one to get an accurate figure. Sorry you got your hopes up for nothing but I have attached the "REAL" figures below. I fortunately have proof to back up my statements. Nice try... 35 Hillary 51 Obama. Read it and weep!
RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - North Carolina Democratic Primary

Old 04-25-2008, 02:18 PM

1,643 posts, read 2,101,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
Nothing prevented Obama from making the same offer. Or to offer to JOIN Clinton in funding the revote for those states.

The voters see one candidate "The Poorest" offering to help them out and the other "The Rich one" saying in affect "I won't give you one cent, you voters don't need to count."

Thus the anger of some Voters towards Obama.

Random
The Clinton Camp supports a revote because it will only help them. It's well documented that they didn't care a bit about FL before they were behind.

Obama won't push for a revote because it can only help his opponent.

Both hold their position on FL based on how it effects them and their place in the race, not out of their feelings for the people of Florida.

Any other belief to the contrary is—with all do respect—foolish, in my opinion.

I'm certainly not saying it's right, but that's politics and that's the process.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:24 PM

5,697 posts, read 5,442,454 times
Quote:
Source?

As for Obama "refusing it unless it was a caucus" I ask.... Source?

Obama wanted a caucus that was reported on every network, sorry you missed it
it was suggested he and Hillary pay for the re-vote, again he refused
finally backers of Clinton said they would pay for it..again nope
Obama knows he would loose there
the point is it would have been paid for the sate would be in charge of counting votes if you are implying otherwise then you need to wake up
the fact is Obama is a coward.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
The Clinton Camp supports a revote because it will only help them. It's well documented that they didn't care a bit about FL before they were behind.

Obama won't push for a revote because it can only help his opponent.

Both hold their position on FL based on how it effects them and their place in the race, not out of their feelings for the people of Florida.

Any other belief to the contrary is—with all do respect—foolish, in my opinion.

I'm certainly not saying it's right, but that's politics and that's the process.
I understand WHY Obama and Clinton have taken their positions, however Obamas position hurts the voters and disenfranchises them, Hillary's position while self serving allows the voters to be heard.

Just because you can justify that your position BENEFITS you will in no way convince those getting the shaft that it is fair.

Random
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or