U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 02:48 AM

9,715 posts, read 13,298,503 times

Advertisements

They don't have to tell me Obama is easier to beat.

I'm a lifelong Democratic voter and I won't vote for him. That's all the evidence I need.

Regarding experience: Obama has the most experience in -- are you ready for this? Running political campaigns! This is what Obama has a lot of experience in! He's won quite a few of them but he doesn't sit in the seat long enough to warm it up!

You might consider that fabulous experience but I won't vote for a professional campaign runner for the highest office in the country. I need to see experience in other political matters. He just doesn't have a lot of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 03:06 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,511,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
They don't have to tell me Obama is easier to beat.

I'm a lifelong Democratic voter and I won't vote for him. That's all the evidence I need.

Regarding experience: Obama has the most experience in -- are you ready for this? Running political campaigns! This is what Obama has a lot of experience in! He's won quite a few of them but he doesn't sit in the seat long enough to warm it up!

You might consider that fabulous experience but I won't vote for a professional campaign runner for the highest office in the country. I need to see experience in other political matters. He just doesn't have a lot of that.
Well, that's your perogative to vote who you want. I don't have a problem with that and I'm not here to attempt to change your mind. I respect your right to do so and I would hope that you do mine.

But NONE of the candidates has experience being president of this country and that puts them all on the same playing field in reality. So the "experience" issue really is moot. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:53 AM

16,248 posts, read 21,281,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I believe Obama is actually viewed as the easier candidate for McCain.

Obama doesn't win in the states he has to win in in November.

I believe more Republicans registered as Democrats to vote for Obama in the primaries. They know he'll be easier for McCain to take out in November. (And you can search the web via Google and find them posting this on various boards. They voted for Obama for kicks but they'll be back to McCain in the fall.)
If that was true than people like Sean Hannity and the North Carolina Republican Party would not be inserting themselves into a Democratic primary trying to get Republicans to register as Democrats and vote for Hillary.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:08 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,104,350 times
With Rush pushing his dittoheads to vote for Hillary, and the RNC running anti-Obama ads in NC, I think it's fair to say that the Republican machine would much rather run McCain vs CLinton then McCain vs Obama.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:21 AM

16,248 posts, read 21,281,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
With Rush pushing his dittoheads to vote for Hillary, and the RNC running anti-Obama ads in NC, I think it's fair to say that the Republican machine would much rather run McCain vs CLinton then McCain vs Obama.
Rush and Hannity sure ain't doing it because they like Hill. They have spent the last 2 years making a good living bashing her everyday.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:20 AM

2,665 posts, read 3,410,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
. . . . I disagree. Hillary is the weaker candidate, which is why she is LOSING to Obama.
By general election rules she is actually winning and the stronger candidate. As of today, Hillary both crushes Obama in a winner take all general election type format and, petty rules aside, she even has the majority of the popular votes cast.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:24 AM

2,665 posts, read 3,410,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
If that was true than people like Sean Hannity and the North Carolina Republican Party would not be inserting themselves into a Democratic primary trying to get Republicans to register as Democrats and vote for Hillary.
This is primarily to keep the fight going which weakens both candidates -- and is very entertaining to watch! I think Hillary would be an infinitely stronger candidate in a general election but playing that type game can easily backfire. Talk radio just loves the fodder this election continues to provide and will actually do better if a dem wins the WH.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:36 AM

439 posts, read 545,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
what proof, this is a hopeful rant with zilch to back it up.

All Hillary has is experience to go up against Mccain and the white males will laugh at her and she will lose males 10-90
Actually in Exit Polls taken in Texas and Ohio by CNN they showed that some 214,000 switched parties hundreds that we asked stated that McCain had a better change of winning against Clinton and that is why they did it. Some even quoted some Barett or Barrett report(not sure what this is about) Republicans have missing pages or something?????

Old 04-24-2008, 07:41 AM

439 posts, read 545,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
By general election rules she is actually winning and the stronger candidate. As of today, Hillary both crushes Obama in a winner take all general election type format and, petty rules aside, she even has the majority of the popular votes cast.
But this is not a General Election. I would have to disagree with your crushing remarks. Caucasus are not in a GE so those actual numbers would be added to Obama's numbers (which aren't in them now) Rules are rules though follow Democrats aren't they. She is pandering these numbers to the democrats that don't really know the rules. Delegates decide the out come. I can just here what she would be saying right now if she was in the lead and Barack had the numbers out of MI and FL and was trying to get them counted. It is what it is and I don't blame her for trying but this too does not look good in the eyes of the SD's. Plus in my opinion I find it to be a little bit misleading of the voters on her part.

Last edited by Hillaryduck; 04-24-2008 at 07:52 AM..

Old 04-24-2008, 07:51 AM

7,208 posts, read 8,371,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Actually that is incorrect. Obama leads in the popular vote by 500,610, with Fla. included he leads by 205,638. Only if you include Mi. does she take the lead, which, considering Obama wasn't on the ballot, is hardly a measure of the candidate's relative strengths. Attempting to use a state, in which one candidate wasn't listed on the ballot, to further an argument is dishonest.

RealClearPolitics - 2008 Elections - Democratic Vote Count
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or