U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 09:04 AM

7,208 posts, read 8,382,676 times

Advertisements

The drug addict himself, Rush Limbaugh, is causing controversy again after he made comments calling for riots in Denver during the Democratic National Convention this summer. He said the riots would ensure a Democrat is not elected as president, and his listeners have a responsibility to make sure it happens."Riots in Denver, the Democrat Convention would see to it that we don't elect Democrats," Limbaugh said during Wednesday's radio broadcast. He then went on to say that's the best thing that could happen to the country.

Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper had this to say about Limbaugh: "Anyone who would call for riots in an American city has clearly lost their bearings."

BTW, in case anyone is interested, inciting a riot is a Class A Misdemeanor and it carries a potential sentence of 5 years.

Rush Limbaugh Calling For Riots In Denver - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 09:07 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,357,562 times
oh no. better start making phone calls and circulating petitions to get him pulled off the air.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:08 AM

4,102 posts, read 7,366,612 times
You would think he'd have a backup pharmacist for those times when he's running low. Guess not.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:26 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,606,455 times
I listen to his show. He was remarking on the Rev. Al Sharpton's comments that if Obama is not the nominee there will be "protests" by the black community.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:27 AM

3,413 posts, read 6,454,246 times
I'll have to listen to this myself. Everytime they say Rush said something inflammatory it always turns out to be completely out of context and wrong. I'm sure this time will be no exception.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:31 AM

7,208 posts, read 8,382,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
I'll have to listen to this myself. Everytime they say Rush said something inflammatory it always turns out to be completely out of context and wrong. I'm sure this time will be no exception.
The remarks are irresponsible, much of his audience is made up of illiterate rednecks that are capable of anything.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:34 AM

I think you should get in touch with revs. Al and Jesse. I'm sure they will "encourage" these protests to threaten the dem party into giving the nomination to Obama. Talk to Al, he said it, not Rush.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
The remarks are irresponsible, much of his audience is made up of illiterate rednecks that are capable of anything.
You must be one of those tolerant, kook-left liberals who loves diversity of thought and free speech. Who loves his brother from the other side of the aisle. You know, one of those libs who has a big tent for all points of view. Isn't that the mantra of the left. We welcome all.

ROFLMAO!

Old 04-25-2008, 09:41 AM

3,413 posts, read 6,454,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You must be one of those tolerant, kook-left liberals who loves diversity of thought and free speech. Who loves his brother from the other side of the aisle. You know, one of those libs who has a big tent for all points of view. Isn't that the mantra of the left. We welcome all.

ROFLMAO!
LOL! No Sanrene, remember, they love mankind. It's people they can't stand!

Old 04-25-2008, 09:45 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,357,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post

?????????? that are capable of anything? you mean that these rednecks can do anything they so choose to dream of? wow. did you mean aren't? it appears that you are what you despise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections