U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 10:30 AM

270 posts, read 485,440 times

Advertisements

No, he shouldn't take a vacation. He should have his tongue cut out and be put in a straight jacket so he can't rant and rave against the United States anymore.

Oh never mind that would be un-American. He has his freedom of speech the sad thing is that he has many followers - How pathetic one would have to be to follow him - How pathetic it is to have people follow his followers (Obama) It is a sad day when all of this happens in America. Obama fanatics really should rethink if this is the kind of man they want in the White House. Someone with Reverend Wright as his mentor and spiritual guide should be ashamed as they are not a true, country loving, patriotic American. Do you really want that in the White House? All I ask is that you sit back and think about that for a minute. If you still want that I really feel sorry for you. I really am sorry if you get all upset at this post. It is not meant to be nasty and mean as I just want people to really think about the people they support. I know that sometimes the truth hurts. I was a big Hillary fan, I teach at a high school in Las Vegas and Bill Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, Magic Johnson, and America Ferrera came to this school and talked. It really got me excited about her. But with all the stuff happening in the primary elections today I am not excited about any candidate. As for me I will look at everything then probably write in a vote. I honestly thought that this election season would be different. It's not, it gets nastier and nastier between people in the same party. (I know it has gone on for a long time but this year is worse than any other) I am sick of them all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 10:35 AM

1,773 posts, read 2,545,965 times
I think this is a strategic move, everyone in the campaign trail knows this guy doing an interview is a political suicide unless there's some sort of strategy they are trying to implement.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:36 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,491,899 times
Quote:
He has his freedom of speech the sad thing is that he has many followers
Yes. The kook-left and hate-America crowd definitely find his words to have merit and truth. These are the main followers of Obama.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
I think this is a strategic move, everyone in the campaign trail knows this guy doing an interview is a political suicide unless there's some sort of strategy they are trying to implement.
The strategy is to portray this guy as a moderate, lover of america. So the liberal media/mainstream media will have some great soundbites to try to convince the American people he is just that.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:38 AM

11,456 posts, read 12,690,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post
No, he shouldn't take a vacation. He should have his tongue cut out and be put in a straight jacket so he can't rant and rave against the United States anymore.
Sounds like you'd prefer communism to a democracy.

I'd also bet that you did not watch the entire sermon. If you did, you would see that he was quoting somebody else and refusing to follow a violent (An American tradition, he is correct) path.

Really, nothing more than tabloid styled reporting created by a sensationalist media, who does not serve the people, but rather serves itself. Sadder than that are those who run around pulling their hair out over it all.

It is the citizens duty to use critical thinking and not be led around like sheep. Those who do not, make a complete mockery out of this precious gift given to us: Democracy.

Shame on you.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:43 AM

270 posts, read 485,440 times
[quote=SLCPUNK;3572288]Sounds like you'd prefer communism to a democracy.

I'd also bet that you did not watch the entire sermon. If you did, you would see that he was quoting somebody else and refusing to follow a violent (An American tradition, he is correct) path.

And it sounds to me like you should take your own advise and maybe read my entire post. After I said he needs his tongue cut out I wrote that would be unamerican because he has freedom of speech. Next time you write something citicizing others maybe you should read the entire post so you don't look like the fool that most all Obama supporters are. Shows you that you only see what you want to see.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:44 AM

Please, please let him keep talking, and spouting and ranting.

It's a GOOD thing.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:48 AM

19,495 posts, read 20,835,622 times
Although I do not agree with everything he says, to me AlanW's post is Exhibit A of the effect of people like Wright on the general public.

It is not that Wright's comments are not within the realm of protected speech or that he does not have the First Amendment right to express them. It is, rather, that Wright's words and his attitude do not reflect the degree of dignity and the generosity of soul that we expect from our leaders, be they political, cultural, or religious.

This in no way implies that Senator Obama shares Wright's cramped and dark viewpoint. It does, however, call into question his judgement in associating himself for such a long period of time with a man whose words he surely must have known would strike most Americans as vulgar and hateful.

The real victim here is the spirit of people like AlanW, to the extent that he represents the optimism and hopefulness of all Americans. Obama's campaign is grounded in that hope, and its regenerative effect on the American soul as a force for progress and brotherhood.

People like Wright call into question the strength of Obama's core message, since they seem to appeal to the small-minded, the ignorant, and the hateful side of the American psyche: the side which curses the darkness instead of lighting a candle. As a spiritual leader, shouldn't Reverend Wright's mission be the latter -- to provide a beacon of light and hope?

AlanW's cynicism, I would expect, is mirrored in many minds across America today as Reverend Wright has again surfaced to befoul our political process. May the man now have at least enough good sense to remove himself from the public arena, having shared with us sufficiently his unattractive world-view.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post

And it sounds to me like you should take your own advise and maybe read my entire post. After I said he needs his tongue cut out I wrote that would be unamerican because he has freedom of speech. Next time you write something citicizing others maybe you should read the entire post so you don't look like the fool that most all Obama supporters are. Shows you that you only see what you want to see.
Saying that after the fact doesn't conceal your true feelings. Wishing somebody to have their tongue cut out is insanity.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Please, please let him keep talking, and spouting and ranting.

It's a GOOD thing.
November is a long ways away, and we live in a fast food society led around by 24/7 media. This won't amount to anything in a couple of weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or