U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 10:09 AM

19,501 posts, read 20,863,818 times

Advertisements

For any Obama supporters who have seen the Wright interview with Bill Moyers, their fondest wish must be for this man Wright to go away -- far away -- until after the election.

His innuendo-laden remarks, replete with sly winks and nudges, his refusal to deal with Moyers' softball questions, his implication that facts and ethics are relative to time, place, and audience -- all of these give the impression that Mr. Wright is at best an ignorant, small-minded man, self-satisfied with his cursory view of the world, and blissfully unaware of the importance to his fellow citizens of the background and associations of a major presidential candidate.

There is a lack of dignity, of moral clarity, and of any version of mainstream Christian thought, in Wright's comments. The good Reverend is a little man, and a silly one. Senator Obama needs to distance himself from this sort of person as quickly and as thoroughly as possible.

If not, Reverend Wright redux will doom the Obama campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 10:12 AM

1,545 posts, read 2,055,777 times
why havent they put a muzzle on him?

Old 04-25-2008, 10:12 AM

2,007 posts, read 3,443,417 times
Yes, this America hating man should take a permanent vacation to someplace like Cuba! He seems to hate America so much, let him try Communism. It might suit him.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:22 AM

19,501 posts, read 20,863,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Yes, this America hating man should take a permanent vacation to someplace like Cuba! He seems to hate America so much, let him try Communism. It might suit him.
I don't think he hates America. I just think he has a limited perspective.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:24 AM

13,781 posts, read 23,773,838 times
Freedom of speech, I can't believe posters want to put a "muzzle" on him. I thought the Obama supporters were for a free and open society, and get away from the managed news process.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:24 AM

Really? Is that why he repeatedly said "God DAMN America" and calls it "AmeriKKKA"? Sounds pretty hateful to me.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:25 AM

430 posts, read 1,068,455 times
I agree. I thought when Obama had to deal with the issues around this man he still did it with grace. I don't think he disrepected Wright but seperated Wright from himself. Why is Wright coming out now. I would think if he had any respect for Obama and felt that he should win this race which I think he will. He should just stay out of the line of fire. But I did hear someone say that Obama has responded to this issue and needs to just move away from it.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:25 AM

1,545 posts, read 2,055,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Freedom of speech, I can't believe posters want to put a "muzzle" on him. I thought the Obama supporters were for a free and open society, and get away from the managed news process.
When in Race do what the Racists do

or something similar

Old 04-25-2008, 10:27 AM

7,987 posts, read 11,209,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
why havent they put a muzzle on him?
Muzzle? How extreme! We all have freedom of speech!
I'm looking quite forward to hearing his interview and also looking forward to watching the sequel at general election time.

Bye, bye Obama.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimberly View Post
I agree. I thought when Obama had to deal with the issues around this man he still did it with grace. I don't think he disrepected Wright but seperated Wright from himself. Why is Wright coming out now. I would think if he had any respect for Obama and felt that he should win this race which I think he will. He should just stay out of the line of fire. But I did hear someone say that Obama has responded to this issue and needs to just move away from it.
He can TRY to move away from it but that doesn't make the fact that Obama has had a 20 year relationship with this man just go away. I don't care what he says, he cannot seperate himself from Wright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or