Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 07:12 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Why do you think they endorsed Barack Hussein Obama...?
I have found that most commentary that uses Obama's middle name should be ignored. If an axe murderer endorsed McCain, what would that say about him? Maybe nothing?

By the way, NCN, your diatribe about people using food stamps sounds like a paraphrase of Reagan's famous statement about a "big buck on welfare buying T-bone steaks while you can't afford hamburger." It was wrong them and is wrong now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 07:16 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,999,825 times
Hamas endorsed Obama because he's SECRETLY A MUSLIM, everybody knows that!

Old 04-26-2008, 07:33 PM

374 posts, read 231,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Hamas, the terrorist group, OPENLY ENDORSED Obama!

Here is the article (McCain actually asks the same question):

McCain Takes Shot at Obama for Hamas Support - America’s Election HQ

My question is: WHY WOULD A TERRORIST GROUP WANT OBAMA AS PRESIDENT? WEAKNESS? SYMPATHY? IS THERE SOMETHING WE DON'T (YET) KNOW ABOUT MR. OBAMA??
Oh please. No President will have direct talks with an terrorist organization. Stop spinning it. What are you trying to say...Obama is a terrorist in hiding. You think this is some conspiracy? Hmmmm? Are you that same person who thought Bush allowed 9/11 to happen? Give me a break.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:34 PM

374 posts, read 231,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Hamas endorsed Obama because he's SECRETLY A MUSLIM, everybody knows that!
This is the reason poor, uneducated people tend NOT to support Obama. This comment proves it.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:42 PM

My bitterness and poverty has caused me to turn to Islam as a means of coping with my despair, that's why I support Obama because he secretly feels my Muslim pain.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:54 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslyke View Post
ok, terrorist groups are BIG, and incase you havnt noticed we havnt taken out a single FULL terrorist group. They are all still out there, avoiding capture, growing, and STILL killing us. The leaders of these groups are smart, whether you want to admit it or not. If you think they are so dumb, then catch a plane to Iraq and teach those rednecks a lesson. Im sure the US will praise you for it...
THE DON'T WANT TO BE TEACHED, THAT WAS WHAT I WROTE IF YOU READ MY POST!

Old 04-27-2008, 10:45 AM

Judging from the above sentence, you might want to consider getting "teached" a little more... Praise Allah who removes my bitterness.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:53 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Nobody starts out "even" anywhere. Not even God starts us out "even". Some people he makes beautiful and talented. Others he makes ugly and less talented. Some people he makes smart, others retarded. Some people are born into luxury and have all advantages, others are born into misery and have none.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:05 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The United States is a country where the people are free to do for themselves. We all start out even but those who work the hardest and make right choices usually end up on top.

When I hear that my money is going to be taken away and given to someone who did nothing to earn it, it kind of scares me, because I am retired. I have been blessed and have lived a simple good life for myself. It should not be anybody's job to take that away from me. I think I pay enough taxes already.

Do you remember the story of the "Little Red Hen." Well, I am the little red hen and it is time for me to enjoy the fruits of my labor. Others need to labor for themselves. From the things he has said, I get the idea that he plans to take what I have earned and give it to those who did not earn it, spend it on killing babies, take our guns away so we can't protect our homes, make fun of our religious beliefs.

Not to mention his irresponsible ideas on ending the war. We all want this war ended, but by winning, not by being a coward.

Well said and I agree. His tax ideas are not very clear to me and not well thought out IMO. He seems to think a family making 75,000 a year is upper class and should be taxed higher. Give me a break, that is middle class at best and a family of four making that is probably just getting by.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:22 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Well said and I agree. His tax ideas are not very clear to me and not well thought out IMO. He seems to think a family making 75,000 a year is upper class and should be taxed higher. Give me a break, that is middle class at best and a family of four making that is probably just getting by.
That's not true. Here is a summary of his tax plan.

Quote:

(1) TAX CUT FOR AMERICA’S WORKING FAMILIES

Barack Obama will restore fairness to the tax code and provide 150 million workers the tax relief they deserve. Obama will create a new "Making Work Pay" tax credit of up to $500 per person, or $1,000 per working family. This refundable income tax credit will provide direct relief to American families who face the regressive payroll tax system. It will offset the payroll tax on the first $8,100 of their earnings while still preserving the important principle of a dedicated revenue source for Social Security. The "Making Work Pay" tax credit will completely eliminate income taxes for 10 million Americans. The tax credit will also provide relief to self-employed small business owners who struggle to pay both the employee and employer portion of the payroll tax. The "Making Work Pay" tax credit offsets some of this self-employment tax as well.

Obama has previously proposed rewarding work by increasing the number of working parents eligible for Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) benefits, increasing the benefit available to parents who support their children through child support payments, increasing the benefit for families with three or more children and reducing the EITC marriage penalty which hurts low-income families.

(2) CREATE A UNIVERSAL MORTGAGE CREDIT

Barack Obama will ensure that anyone with a mortgage, not just the well-off, can take advantage of this tax incentive for homeownership by creating a universal mortgage credit. This 10 percent credit will benefit an additional 10 million homeowners, the majority of whom earn less than $50,000 per year. Non-itemizers will be eligible for this refundable credit, which will provide the average recipient with approximately $500 per year in tax savings. This tax credit will also help homeowners deal with the uncertain state of the housing market today.

(3) ELIMINATE INCOME TAXES FOR SENIORS MAKING LESS THAN $50,000

Barack Obama will eliminate all income taxation of seniors making less than $50,000 per year. This will provide immediate relief to 22 million American seniors who will not need to file an income tax return, and will eliminate any income tax for nearly seven million seniors at a savings of roughly $1,400 each year. For many seniors, this will eliminate the need to hire a tax preparer, resulting in even larger savings.

(4) ENABLE MILLIONS OF AMERICANS TO COMPLETE TAX RETURNS IN 5 MINUTES

Barack Obama will dramatically simplify tax filings so that millions of Americans will be able to do their taxes in less than 5 minutes. Currently, the IRS receives Americans’ financial information directly from employers and banks. Obama will ensure that the IRS uses this information to give taxpayers the option of a pre-filled tax forms to verify, sign and return to the IRS or online.

(5) LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD FOR AMERICAN BUSINESSES

Barack Obama will level the playing field for all businesses by eliminating special interest loopholes and deductions, such as those for the oil and gas industry, as well as by limiting the ability of large multi-national corporations to use tax havens to hide income overseas. He will firmly institutionalize the economic substance doctrine so we can stop companies from creating abusive tax shelters.

Obama will also crack down on the offshore tax havens engaged in shielding tax evaders from justice by refusing to share tax information with us the way all other nations do. This costs us tens of billions of dollars every year. Obama will create an International Tax Evasion Watch List to monitor these countries and will use economic pressure to make them comply. And Obama will penalize any company that reports income from tax havens on the list.

Obama will also eliminate the capital gains taxation of start-up businesses to encourage innovation and job creation. These provisions, combined with reducing the self-employment tax for small business measures, will ensure that the corporate tax code is not only fair, but also promotes continued economic growth and innovation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections