Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 06:00 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,428 times

Advertisements

Who is this guy kidding??
If you have a brain, you know he made these outlandash comments about Bill
and Hillary Clinton because Rev Wright is doing his interview tonight.
If he is so concerned about racisim, then why has he not spoken out to
Obama's "typical white person" comment?
or all the black super
delegates
that get hammered for not supporting
Obama??
This type of crap is one of the reasons why I will not vote for Obama
you get labeled a racist if you do not vote for him.
Talk about intitlement! Obama and his supporters think the White House should be his because he is black. Good grief!
Bill Clinton saying Jesse Jackson won SC twice was not a racist comment
good grief if you make a statement about someone black, oh no!
you are a racist!
He says Hillary Clinton wants to ruin Obama so she can run in 2012!!
That is bull crap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 06:21 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,429,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Who is this guy kidding??
If you have a brain, you know he made these outlandash comments about Bill
and Hillary Clinton because Rev Wright is doing his interview tonight.
If he is so concerned about racisim, then why has he not spoken out to
Obama's "typical white person" comment?
or all the black super
delegates
that get hammered for not supporting
Obama??
This type of crap is one of the reasons why I will not vote for Obama
you get labeled a racist if you do not vote for him.
Talk about intitlement! Obama and his supporters think the White House should be his because he is black. Good grief!
Bill Clinton saying Jesse Jackson won SC twice was not a racist comment
good grief if you make a statement about someone black, oh no!
you are a racist!
He says Hillary Clinton wants to ruin Obama so she can run in 2012!!
That is bull crap!
Clyburn is just telling the truth, the Clinton campaign has been actively pursuing the white racist vote. According to exit polls, almost 1 in 6 voters in Pa. said race influenced their decision and 75% of them voted for Clinton.

Clyburn's right about 2012 as well, considering Clinton is hopelessly behind why else would she stay in the race, if not to muddy Obama up so he loses to McCain.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:28 PM

692 posts, read 1,731,800 times
It would have been a good idea to link to the source. It will enable people to judge Clyburn's comments for themselves.

Black Leader in House Denounces Bill Clintons Remarks - The Caucus - Politics - New York Times Blog

Clyburn Warns Democratic Party: African Americans Matter | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Old 04-25-2008, 06:50 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Clyburn is just telling the truth, the Clinton campaign has been actively pursuing the white racist vote. According to exit polls, almost 1 in 6 voters in Pa. said race influenced their decision and 75% of them voted for Clinton.

Clyburn's right about 2012 as well, considering Clinton is hopelessly behind why else would she stay in the race, if not to muddy Obama up so he loses to McCain.
And what about the fact that 92% of the black voters voted for Obama? Racial preferences are benefiting Obama more than they are hurting him.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:01 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Looking at the vote by race voting for another race would convince the casual observer that white are less racist than blacks. Turn about is fairplay.As far as clinton staying in the race you need to ask edward kennedy why he stayed in the race in 1980 against carter to the convention when he was 600 votes behind and had already lost the primary.Some scheme to have delegate removed from the floor at the conventinon by a party rule anbd replaced. Didn't work but he tried. Carter loss that reelection bid to reagan.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:06 PM

439 posts, read 605,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And what about the fact that 92% of the black voters voted for Obama? Racial preferences are benefiting Obama more than they are hurting him.
Wow aren't we defensive. The black vote before Big Mouth Bill Clinton made those comments were not 92%. Insult me and I am white your not gonna get my vote either.

Clinton looses one of her biggest fund raisers today. He left her camp and join Obama stating that he did not like where her campaign was going. So you can continue to make excuses here but the truth sometimes hurts.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:29 PM

600 posts, read 1,083,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
Wow aren't we defensive. The black vote before Big Mouth Bill Clinton made those comments were not 92%. Insult me and I am white your not gonna get my vote either.

Clinton looses one of her biggest fund raisers today. He left her camp and join Obama stating that he did not like where her campaign was going. So you can continue to make excuses here but the truth sometimes hurts.
Wow, i didnt know that. Clinton is really screwed.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:48 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
Quote:
I'm not being defensive, I'm just pointing out that his statement was twisted to make Obama appear the victim of racial prejudice.

The blacks are not voting again Hillary because they are mad at Bill. They are voting for Obama because he's black. And the blacks that do support Hillary are getting flack from other blacks because of their choice.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:17 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,428 times
Quote:

why should this hurt her because of one guy, she is better off without him if that is the way he feels
no one is making excuses, no excuses are needed
the thread is about Rep Clyburn being a jerk, he is mad because Bill Clinton
did not mind him and because he wants to defuse Rev Wright flapping his big mouth
he is trying to spread lies about Hillary and that stinks especially when he is trying to act like Obama has been treated unfairly because he is black
he was saying "he does not think this" it is "just what he has heard"
yeah right

Old 04-25-2008, 08:29 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,371,808 times
My, my. How quickly people can turn on you. Not long ago, Bill Clinton was described as the 'first black president". Now he's just a race baiter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections