U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-26-2008, 11:29 AM
 
1,423 posts, read 2,986,633 times
Reputation: 329

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
Did anyone hear this figure in exit polls???

6% Hillary voters in PA will switch to McCain even if she wins the nomination
That percentage is nothing compared to the percentage of voters who will switch to McCain if Obama "the Hammas fav" is nominated for democratic candidate. If you want an opportunity to win the Presidency then you better move to Clinton because they will slaughter Obama and by the time they are finished with him the voters will be running to the polls to gladly elect McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-26-2008, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,335,979 times
Reputation: 835
the right wingers are going to finish oprahama's career. he has already proven that he isn't man enough to be in the business. he seems to think that he can "change" politics. sorry, this is washington, this isn't the charmed life you led as a youngster spending your days walking on the most beautiful beaches and going to the post exclusive schools. this guy is grade A politically bred, and grade F at being a politician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2008, 02:16 PM
 
439 posts, read 545,636 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
the right wingers are going to finish oprahama's career. he has already proven that he isn't man enough to be in the business. he seems to think that he can "change" politics. sorry, this is washington, this isn't the charmed life you led as a youngster spending your days walking on the most beautiful beaches and going to the post exclusive schools. this guy is grade A politically bred, and grade F at being a politician.
So if this is true and no one can change Washington then what the hell are you afraid of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2008, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Downtown Greensboro, NC
3,491 posts, read 7,851,585 times
Reputation: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
Did anyone hear this figure in exit polls???

6% Hillary voters in PA will switch to McCain even if she wins the nomination
if it werent for them Hillary would have only won by 3 points in Pennslyvania. But then again if it werent for the 9 percent who said they wouldnt vote for Obama because hes black, Obama would have beat Hillary in Pennsylvania by about 5 points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2008, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Downtown Greensboro, NC
3,491 posts, read 7,851,585 times
Reputation: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
That percentage is nothing compared to the percentage of voters who will switch to McCain if Obama "the Hammas fav" is nominated for democratic candidate. If you want an opportunity to win the Presidency then you better move to Clinton because they will slaughter Obama and by the time they are finished with him the voters will be running to the polls to gladly elect McCain.
Hillary wont get a chance to be president if she is nominated because if Obama leads in Pledged delegates by the end of the primaries, which he will, there will be protests in the streets by blacks, new democrats and the rest of Obama's supporters because Hillary would have STOLE the nomination. In that kind of environment, Hillary CANT beat McCain. Remember when Bush stole the election in 2000? that polarized democrats and republicans. If Hillary does the same thing with the nomination, the democratic party WILL be divided and she will lose against McCain. If anything, with Hillary being the nominee, the republican party will be as unified as they were during the Reagan era because they WILL unite to stop Hillary. The republicans HATE her. The independents, which have decided the past two election cycles prefer McCain over Hillary but they also prefer Obama over Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top