U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:29 PM

3,021 posts, read 10,089,673 times

Advertisements

Wow. A lot of you seem VERY confused about the definition of a feminism. I bet there are a lot of you out there - men and women - who are feminists, but don't even know it.

Here's a dictionary definition of feminism:
Quote:
feminism n (1895) 1 : the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes 2 : organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests — feminist n or adj — feministic adj
Equality of the sexes. That's all that it's about. You can be a Democrat or a Republican and still be a Feminist. You can be an extreme-right conservative Christian or a far left Agnostic and still be a Feminist. You can be black, white, red, brown, yellow, purple, or a mixture of every color in the rainbow and you can still be a Feminist. You can be a man or a woman or somewhere inbetween and still be a Feminist.

And you can vote for Clinton or Obama or even McCain and still be a Feminist.

As one of my favorite writers once said, "If you believe in, support, look fondly on, hope for, and/or work towards equality of the sexes, you are a Feminist.

Yes, you are."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 05:41 PM

1,545 posts, read 2,055,672 times
extreme-right is about advancement of ONE kind or one's kind

I doubt the white extreme right are about equality of the sexes !!

Old 04-28-2008, 07:26 PM

793 posts, read 1,985,899 times
Feminist was probably for equality years ago, but no more the case in todays age.

What I propose equal pay for both men and women in the same job. Both gender should be able to get any job they like (no more men's jobs or women's jobs). Also under the law, both gender should treated equally. If a woman commits a crime she should be judge the same way a man is charge (same amount of time in jail restution). Why would a woman get out in parole when a man would stay in jail for the same crime? Men should have equal change to raise the kids in a divorce.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:42 PM

3,021 posts, read 10,089,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
extreme-right is about advancement of ONE kind or one's kind

I doubt the white extreme right are about equality of the sexes !!
I didn't say that everyone on the extreme right is a feminist. I just said that it's possible - that they can be feminists. I have some white, right-wing conservative Republicans in my life - people who hate McCain because he's far too liberal for them - and those people are feminists. They may love listening to Rush Limbaugh every day, but they also believe in equality of the sexes. It's possible. These people do exist.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:16 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,270,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I will stay home
no way will I ever vote for an ass like Obama
I second one part of that.

I voted for the butthead first time around, will not make the mistake again.

And I sure do not need a male who has no clue telling me how to vote.

I am voting for McCain not matter what. I will not stay at home and allow Obama to ruin our country, divide it and tax the working people more so his people can steal the free meals, healthcare and housing from us.

The women need to wise up and realize Obama will further hurt women in this country.

Thank you, I can think and decide without your help and many other woman can do just the same.

NO-O8AMA

Women against NoBama unite and vote for McCain!

Old 04-29-2008, 01:20 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,270,310 times
And yes, we need more people like Thomas, Roberts and Alito and less people like Ginsberg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or