U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 10:49 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,985,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
I like MSNBC with the exception of Joe Scarbourgh. I also like CNN with the exceptions of Lou Dobbs and Jack Chaferty.
I agree about MSNBC and I think that "Morning Joke" needs to be dumped. I like straight-forward reporting and even with MSNBC, I turn off the talking heads. It's just the same old stupid arguments and they are not worth watching. Olberman's show is terrific.

I also agree with fopt65 about BBC America. Sometimes I just want straight-forward info and BBC America is a pretty good source.

Charley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 10:50 AM

5,457 posts, read 6,897,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I like BBC America too but you have to keep in mind that it is still the BBC and being such they are going to look at things through a Brit point of view- just as Al Jazerra English does a middle eastern point of view.
That's okay, because they present it from an INTELLIGENT point of view. Something our 24 hour OCD driven news channels can't.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:56 AM

1,319 posts, read 2,200,868 times
To be honest, all the networks are on my last nerve. They seem to jump on one person for a while and then move on to another and jump on them for a while. The underdog usually gets the best treatment. IMO, the media wants this primary to linger on and on and on for their ratings. The math has not changed for Hillary much AT ALL after PA but the media will spin it as though they are neck and neck to keep people glued to the TV to boost ratings. Obama supporters know exactly what is going on and the fact remains, she did not make a dent in the biggest primary remaining. Lets see what happens in NC which could essentially wipe out her victory in PA. I have made a choice not to even watch the news channels since they are all to one degree or another full of hot air on many accounts. I will tune in May 6th to watch the results and probably with the volume down. I listen to my local radio show which is broadcasted throughout the US which have been so much better at pointing out real issues and facts. They don't spin illusions of nonsense like CNN and MSNBC. Fox? That Republican channel is never on in my house. I wouldn't waste my time and energy on that Channel for obvious reasons.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:03 AM

6,760 posts, read 10,427,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
I agree about MSNBC and I think that "Morning Joke" needs to be dumped. I like straight-forward reporting and even with MSNBC, I turn off the talking heads. It's just the same old stupid arguments and they are not worth watching. Olberman's show is terrific.
I also agree with fopt65 about BBC America. Sometimes I just want straight-forward info and BBC America is a pretty good source.

Charley

Olberman IS a talking head. He's on the EXACT same level of integrity as Hannity, O'Reilly, Matthews, or any other of the junk liars out there. The reason you like him is because his views tilt more to your angle. Thats the same reason some people like O'Reilly is that his views are more like theirs. Both of them are liars with no integrity.

I haven't watched ANY of it in 4 months. Me and the wife had our tv service disconnected. We decided paying for endless commercials, lying media, inaccurate weather, and low quality programming was a total waste and that if we took the $50 every month and set it on fire that we'd get more out of it.

Of course we didn't start setting it on fire, we need it to buy gas now.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:44 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,350,769 times
all of the news channels are a joke. no point in watching any of them.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:57 AM

34,667 posts, read 33,667,394 times
Well, the worst is PBS, in my opinion. I'd have to go with CSPAN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or