U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 09:38 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,920,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
WASHINGTON - The electoral road to the White House favors Democrats this fall — either Barack Obama or Hillary Rodham Clinton — and has Republican John McCain playing defense to thwart a presidential power shift
Democrats favored in electoral map - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Looks good for President Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 09:42 AM

16,248 posts, read 21,254,320 times
Yes we are favoured but so was Kerry. Unlike Kerry we are not going to stick all of our eggs in the Ohio basket nor are we going to allow ourselves to swiftboated. David Axlerod is much too smart for that (I have known him personally BTW) and he is not going to play that kind of game.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:11 AM

718 posts, read 1,449,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Democrats favored in electoral map - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Looks good for President Obama.
This will make third consecutive election that the Dems have counted their chickens before they hatch. In 2004, it appeared that Kerry was on his way to defeating Bush, we all know how that worked out.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:38 AM

16,248 posts, read 21,254,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
This will make third consecutive election that the Dems have counted their chickens before they hatch. In 2004, it appeared that Kerry was on his way to defeating Bush, we all know how that worked out.
Different time, different campaign manager, different strategy. If Kerry had Axlerod running his show, he would be President John Kerry today. Axlerod is every bit as smart as Karl Rove and, unlike Rove, knows how to steer clear of trouble.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:21 AM

1,319 posts, read 2,197,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Yes we are favoured but so was Kerry. Unlike Kerry we are not going to stick all of our eggs in the Ohio basket nor are we going to allow ourselves to swiftboated. David Axlerod is much too smart for that (I have known him personally BTW) and he is not going to play that kind of game.
I watched an interview with David Axelrod and Terry McAuliffe and boy David Axelrod is one touch cookie. After watching David in that interview, I now understand why the Obama campaign has been so successful. I was very impressed by David.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:48 PM

4,459 posts, read 6,357,415 times
The economy-despite all the upbeat prognostications by the Wall Street shills is likely to be far worse then many suspect. It seems that the second half bounce is merely going to be a myth. If so- it seems even Obama- who I feel is a rather weak candidate could win. The stresses of soaring food costs, high gasoline, foreclosures, and a weak job market, may enable any Democrat electable. The GOP at this point has but one issue- the race card.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:50 PM

1,545 posts, read 2,054,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
The economy-despite all the upbeat prognostications by the Wall Street shills is likely to be far worse then many suspect. It seems that the second half bounce is merely going to be a myth. If so- it seems even Obama- who I feel is a rather weak candidate could win. The stresses of soaring food costs, high gasoline, foreclosures, and a weak job market, may enable any Democrat electable. The GOP at this point has but one issue- the race card.
deal it out :P

I think Axelrod will gladly use it to bring the 26% Indies onboard

Old 04-26-2008, 04:06 PM

3,491 posts, read 7,850,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I agree, Hillary and others are sticking there eggs in one basket, (Florida and Ohio). The smartest thing to do is to change the map all together and focus on other states that the republicans won to offset a potenetial Ohio loss in November. People are tired of having the same one or two states deciding the whole election.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:19 PM

1,197 posts, read 1,599,203 times
Another telling sign that the GOP is in major trouble is the fact the Dem turnout has been significantly higher than the Repubs in EVERY contest so far. If McCain doesn't energize his "base", he's toast. Well either that or a miracle, he'll need one after the disaster that was Bush.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:31 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,116,721 times
Senator Obamas poll numbers are dropping - nationwide.

IMO, he (nor Senator Clinton) will have enough committed delegates to go to the convention. Nor will they have sufficent numbers of committed Super Delegates to put either one of them over the top on the first ballot.

IMO, it will become a brokered convention with a possible 3rd candidate coming forward and be nominated - - John Edwards perhaps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or