Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 06:08 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The Katrina evacuation was one of the most successful mass movements in the history of our nation. It was dealing with the remaining people who didn't evacuate where it all fell apart. I'm sure FEMA had something to do with that.
Why, of course it must have been FEMA's fault.

Of course, it couldn't have been the fault of the inept LOCAL government to get THEIR citizens out. Of course not. OK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 06:10 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,269,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Why, of course it must have been FEMA's fault.

Of course, it couldn't have been the fault of the inept LOCAL government to get THEIR citizens out. Of course not. OK
they were all Repugnicants

Old 04-29-2008, 06:35 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Rev Wright is a patriot. He proved it. Most of the folks trying to swiftboat him like Hannity and Limbaugh never spent a day in the Armed Forces. And he has every right to resist being swiftboated. Let not what happened to Kerry and to Sen Max Cleveland- a triple amputee from Veitnam, happen to you too.
The best antidote for "swiftboating" is truth. If Kerry had wanted to rebut the charges of his comrades-in-arms all he needed to do was to release his service record. What did he have to hide? As for Max Cleland the Dems have been parading him around as an example of a Democrat hero because of his injuries in Vietnam. No one faults him for his service but, like Kerry, he's claiming (or allowing others to claim on his behalf) a status to which he is not entitled. He's a triple amputee, true. But he does not merit a Purple Heart for his injuries. Why not? Because his injuries were not the result of enemy action but a simple accident, which could as easily have occurred in the States as in Vietnam. Cleland is not a hero. He's simply the victim of an unfortunate accident. Accidents kill about 1000 servicemen every year--whether in peace time or war time. Indeed about 20% of the US casualties in Iraq were the result of accidents. Truth

Old 04-29-2008, 06:59 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
they were all Repugnicants
You're ignorance is truly amazing. Nagin - a dem, Blanco - a dem, as well of the rest of NO local government.

Educate yourself.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:13 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKGrisgby View Post
Yeah, but he said some stuff that pissed off some white folks, and basically...isn't all that matters? Some colored boy getting out of his place and whatnot? Rev. Wright is getting mighty uppity nowadays, with his fancy speeches and all that book learnin'.
He said some things that pissed off people who love the country.

Quote:
The Katrina evacuation was one of the most successful mass movements in the history of our nation. It was dealing with the remaining people who didn't evacuate where it all fell apart. I'm sure FEMA had something to do with that.
Since you're sure it was FEMA, you may want to look into how all of that works. The federal government can't come in until the local government makes the request. I'm not going to say FEMA is efficient because most things government does are not efficient. I will point out that FEMA was involved in New Orleans and in Mississippi and the recovery effort was much different in those places.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:38 AM

437 posts, read 631,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
He said some things that pissed off people who love the country.
Ah, I see. Criticism of this country is only for white men!

Old 04-29-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Ah, I see. Criticism of this country is only for white men!
Where did I say anything that implied a racial component? You made it a racial issue; my comment took it out of that; and you went right back to a racial issue and implied that my perspective was racially motivated. It is possible that a black man can say something that would make people angry based on the content; not all disagreement is racially motivated.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Where did I say anything that implied a racial component? You made it a racial issue; my comment took it out of that; and you went right back to a racial issue and implied that my perspective was racially motivated. It is possible that a black man can say something that would make people angry based on the content; not all disagreement is racially motivated.
Oh, for heaven's sake. Spare me your delicate ego. I didn't bring any smelling salts with me.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Oh, for heaven's sake. Spare me your delicate ego. I didn't bring any smelling salts with me.
You're far from any effect on my ego. Your mischaracterization of my post and this response expose your perspective and leave you irrelevant to my ego.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:22 AM

And yet here you are, defending yourself from...well, whatever you're defending yourself from. Keep swinging at windmills, Mr. Quixote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections