U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 08:47 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,845,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
I think this guy is a narcissitic psychopathic egomaniac. He is already taking advantage of his 15 minutes of fame and is now going to exploit his recent 15 minutes to the next four years if Obama gets elected. Does anybody really care about black history, NOT! Do blacks care about white history, NOT! I don't know about the rest of you but I am certainly not interested in being bored by this crazy guy for the next 5 minutes. What an opportunist... he is not helping Obama at all. He is obviously very impressed with himself and thinks he is going to change the world... ho,ho,ho.

He is certainly not helping Obama with any of these public appearances. I think he doesn't want Obama to win, then his America won't ever do the black race right hate speach won't work anymore. If Obama loses, he can carry on with his attacks on America and the white race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 08:57 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,980,790 times
Exclamation I Care

Quote:
I think this guy is a narcissitic psychopathic egomaniac. He is already taking advantage of his 15 minutes of fame and is now going to exploit his recent 15 minutes to the next four years if Obama gets elected. Does anybody really care about black history, NOT! Do blacks care about white history, NOT! I don't know about the rest of you but I am certainly not interested in being bored by this crazy guy for the next 5 minutes. What an opportunist... he is not helping Obama at all. He is obviously very impressed with himself and thinks he is going to change the world... ho,ho,ho.
Then the media should stop giving him his 15 minutes! The news outlets gave Rev. Wright his fame, he did not.

If the media didn't cover his award ceremony then we wouldn't even know he was speaking tonight! So, put the blame where it belongs please.

And whoever thinks that Americans don't care about THEIR history shouldn't even vote!

Blacks and whites in America share the SAME history! This is the message Obama is trying to get across. Africans and Europeans have different histories. I am an American who happens to be black and I care about AMERICAN HISTORY which includes many ethnic groups.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:59 PM

1,423 posts, read 2,986,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I care about Wright's service to this country. That means something to me. I love how sunshine patriots pick and choose what service matters. They supposedly respect veterans but they don't mind portraying one as a coward (Cleland 2002) or an unhinged lunatic (McCain 2000) when it serves their political purposes. They also supposedly care about things like honor, courage and duty and they get outraged when some people don't serve (Clinton) but they don't mind so much when others shirk their duties or famously "have other priorities". I don't agree with Wright on a lot of things (although I see exactly where he was coming from in the 9/11 speech.. that was a message that should have preached at that particular time in American history... Americans sorely needed and need a lesson in blowback) but I think he's earned a right to say them. I wonder what all of these people who criticize Wright as not being American enough have done to serve? What have they done to match Wright's demonstrated commitment to this nation? I'm curious. Many are very sanctimonious in their more-patriotic-than-thou attitudes; surely they've done more than just slap a GOP sticker on their cars to entitle themselves to their self righteous postures. Right?
Wright is nothing more than an opportunist/parasite taking full advantage of his race... it has certainly served him well. Wake up.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:02 PM

Post Ignorance is NOT bliss.

Quote:
Wright is nothing more than an opportunist/parasite taking full advantage of his race... it has certainly served him well. Wake up.
You're sick.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Then the media should stop giving him his 15 minutes! The news outlets gave Rev. Wright his fame, he did not.

If the media didn't cover his award ceremony then we wouldn't even know he was speaking tonight! So, put the blame where it belongs please.

And whoever thinks that Americans don't care about THEIR history shouldn't even vote!

Blacks and whites in America share the SAME history! This is the message Obama is trying to get across. Africans and Europeans have different histories. I am an American who happens to be black and I care about AMERICAN HISTORY which includes many ethnic groups.
History can be very interesting as long as it is not preached to me or shoved down my throat by a lunatic pastor.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
You're sick.
Your naive and gullible.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:08 PM

690 posts, read 909,540 times
I watched the speech at the NAACP twice now. Cnn is all over this.
I have to tell you, I was very impressed. First let me say I am also one of the few who listened all the way through the GD America sermon as well as the come home to roost sermon. So I knew since I watched them that he was not as bad as 90% of the public thinks. Now on to this speech at the NAACP...WOW what a speech! This will be in the news for the rest of the week. CNN blew off Larry King to continue talking about it. This guy sure makes a lot of sense. Basically people who are different are NOT deficient...and boy oh boy did he slam that point home!

As I said, the news will be all over this but there are a few articles out now...and all seem to be overwhelmingly full of praise...
ROCHELLE RILEY: Wright teaches important lessons about differences | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080427/COL10/80427062/1003/NEWS01 - broken link)

Wright delivers fiery, humorous speech at NAACP dinner (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080427/METRO/804270325/1361 - broken link)

Old 04-27-2008, 09:08 PM

Talking Grammar check...

Quote:
Your naive and gullible.
It's "you're" or "you are." But thanks for the attention.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Have you watched his speech or are you content with basing your opinion on RW sound bites?
I watched some of it but couldn't endure too long because of all the preaching and dramatics. I would prefer an intellectual discussion on race and not some nut case dancing around the podium.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:09 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,524,679 times
Can we just imagine how the kook-left would be reacting if this had been a republican involved with this racist, America-hater?

But, it is usually the left who are the America-haters, for sure?

I can't think of one prominent, credible person on the right who ever espouses such hate of the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or