U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 12:27 PM

16,248 posts, read 21,272,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
Oh i dunno know, anthropologist mother, doting white grandparents, childhood in Indonesia, a man of the world is needed coz America still thinks like a parent but acts like a spoilt child

thats AMERIKKA to you
Not only that but they are from WICHITA- hardly a bastion of the "elite". A blue collar union town with high unemployment and high poverty.

Moderator cut: link to a competitors site removed

Last edited by Yac; 05-09-2008 at 12:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 02:03 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,527,440 times
Quote:
Have you ever been to or been a resident of Chicago Illinois?
Lol. Yes. That's where I currently live.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:30 PM

955 posts, read 1,953,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Wow! That's a very good point. It would help explain why I always feel like Obama is being completely sincere. Why I always like him even though I'd never vote for him. He is wrong, but he seems sincerely wrong, like he really doesn't know. That makes perfect sense and explains a lot of them (including Katie Couric). Thanks for posting that Sanrene. It is kind of sad isn't it?
Yes it is. There is a certain view of the world which ignores (almost abhors) facts. It is based on feelings and a measure of success which is based on the "well, at least he/she is trying" benchmark.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Lol. Yes. That's where I currently live.
I lived and worked in that city for many years. I also worked on the Harold Washington campaign there as well as others (David Orr, Mel Reynolds and Kathy Osterman my old Alderman). I know each and every ward in that city and the people in it. And I know Hyde Park too.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:45 PM

29,740 posts, read 34,771,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Can you demonstrate how he has been "outside" his circle of elitism - Columbia, Harvard Law School, Hyde Park?
Obama's Community Roots

Old 04-28-2008, 03:49 PM

2,923 posts, read 4,567,963 times
Wasn't Obama a community organizer who worked with public housing residents and the like? Give me a break... Or maybe the only real "little people" who matter are the white folks out in the boonies? Or something?

Old 04-28-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Wasn't Obama a community organizer who worked with public housing residents and the like? Give me a break...
Yes he did and not only that he worked with Mayor Daley on finally getting rid of the old filthy high rise warehouses that ran down the Dan Ryan Expressway and getting decent housing for decent people who were trapped in them. I have been in those nasty high rises registering voters and thank God for people like Barrack who finally helped get rid of them. Not fit for an animal to live in. Also Barrack was instrumental in securing state funds to help in the construction of the new Chicago Police HQs building on the south side (orginally was planned of the south loop) which is where it was needed the most.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:14 PM

19,500 posts, read 20,850,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Wasn't Obama a community organizer who worked with public housing residents and the like? Give me a break... Or maybe the only real "little people" who matter are the white folks out in the boonies? Or something?
Well, they are little, after all.

How many rural white folks play in the NBA?

Old 04-28-2008, 04:19 PM

9,043 posts, read 11,580,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Well, they are little, after all.

How many rural white folks play in the NBA?
After Argentina schooled us in the last olympics, that stereotype may not apply anymore.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:57 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,527,440 times
Quote:
Yes he did and not only that he worked with Mayor Daley on finally getting rid of the old filthy high rise warehouses that ran down the Dan Ryan Expressway and getting decent housing for decent people who were trapped in them. I have been in those nasty high rises registering voters and thank God for people like Barrack who finally helped get rid of them.
Didn't his friend and political fundraiser, Rezko, the one who helped him get $300K off his mansion, own some really slummy tenents? Wasn't he a slum lord as well as Obama's donor? I wonder what Obama did for Rezko's tenents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or