U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:43 AM

913 posts, read 2,888,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
No Black candidate has gotten more votes for presidents then the white candidates in the states that he has. There is a paradigm shift in the electorate regardless of how it plays out. Thats why it is called change.
yes..change for the worst probably....He been talking about change for months...can he outline what is going to change and what change will actually benefit the people and not the oil, pharmacy corporations....?
All the talk..just like Wright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 02:04 PM

29,749 posts, read 34,787,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myselfdotcom View Post
yes..change for the worst probably....He been talking about change for months...can he outline what is going to change and what change will actually benefit the people and not the oil, pharmacy corporations....?
All the talk..just like Wright
Please understand what a paradigm shift is. Change occurs in multiple ways some purposeful and some eventful. It is obvious that there is change coming as the Clinton supporters tend to be older which means there time here is not as long as the Obama younger supporters. Hmmmmm ever think about that? Just as there is a paradigm shift in the world we don't know what it will look like in ten years. Remember it is the people of color and former soviet empire countries that have the wealth to be investing in the United States and in ten years may own much of the United States. They are sovereign wealth funds when investing and terrorist or bad guys when we get political. If anyone doubts that both globally and domestically we are in the midst of change then oh well. With the changing demographics of the country what do you think it will be like in 20 years? Changed but can you predict how it will play out. Obama may be the face of the new America as it plays out. It is clear that Obama is bringing a different perspective to American politics or is he just another Democrat like Bill, Al and John?

Old 04-30-2008, 11:43 AM

123 posts, read 318,629 times
Yes. thats what all politicians are good at " Talk" . My vote is still up for grabs but no need to worry it's all based on electoral votes anyway not the popular vote. That's why Al Gore was jipped out of his rightly place as CEO. I want to like Hillary but somehow I just don't trust her, but the alternative return of an Republican administration scares the hell out of me.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:52 AM

4,831 posts, read 6,184,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Please understand what a paradigm shift is. Change occurs in multiple ways some purposeful and some eventful. It is obvious that there is change coming as the Clinton supporters tend to be older which means there time here is not as long as the Obama younger supporters. Hmmmmm ever think about that? Just as there is a paradigm shift in the world we don't know what it will look like in ten years. Remember it is the people of color and former soviet empire countries that have the wealth to be investing in the United States and in ten years may own much of the United States. They are sovereign wealth funds when investing and terrorist or bad guys when we get political. If anyone doubts that both globally and domestically we are in the midst of change then oh well. With the changing demographics of the country what do you think it will be like in 20 years? Changed but can you predict how it will play out. Obama may be the face of the new America as it plays out. It is clear that Obama is bringing a different perspective to American politics or is he just another Democrat like Bill, Al and John?
If Obama is not just another Democrat like the rest, and gets elected President he soon will be. Give it a year or 2. What would be interesting is to see how a President with no allegiance to the status quo will get anything done at all. Very interesting an entertaining.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:52 AM

237 posts, read 235,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdame View Post
Yes. thats what all politicians are good at " Talk" . My vote is still up for grabs but no need to worry it's all based on electoral votes anyway not the popular vote. That's why Al Gore was jipped out of his rightly place as CEO. I want to like Hillary but somehow I just don't trust her, but the alternative return of an Republican administration scares the hell out of me.
People say dumb things (like you have) and then hope we will be understanding of you and understand your reasons. the only reason i can think of for you not trusting her is that you havent brought yourself up to date on the subject "on her" so to speak and all you can say is "i dont trust her". If you had made enough of a n effort to learn about her, then you might be saying something more reasoned and sensible than "i dont trust her" go read up or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections