Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:07 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,137,361 times

Advertisements

You know, one of these active threads "discussing" the contrived story:

1 OMG - Rev Wright at the Press Club
2 Ladies and Gents: Meet the politics of Race and Religion!!
3 Wright mocks American Hero John F. Kennedy
4 Troubles Erupting for Obama
5 Wright again compared to Christ
6 Wright says all black folks listen to Farrakhan
7 Obama's pastor and mentor: Believes in Balck Liberation Theology
8 Do the Wright Thing: Better now than in October
9 The tragic irony of the Wright message
10 Might Wright Run For Office?
11 Is Wright Swiftboating Obama?
12 BIGOT ALERT: Wright says white churches are the Anti-Christ
13 Jeremiah Wright ( A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing)
14 Rev. Wright's speech being replayed on CNN now
15 Wasn't rev. Wright retired according to Obama's statement....?
16 Wright's Interview Who Watched, Your Thoughts

...feel free to post here as a catch all thead to bash Wright and therefore Obama too...

Please let the continued uninformed bliss continue.

Forget policy. Nah, that's too hard. This is easy. It's fun and easy to do this.

Why concern ourselves with pesky policies? That's just for coffee drinkin' elites.

Policies don't affect Americans in anyway, but that Rev Wright profoundly impacts my life in more ways that foreign and domestic policy... in more ways than I-Rack or health insurance, big oil, the housing mess as well the current administration's antics which continue to be most incompetent and corrupt of any of our lifetimes, Nixon included.

Nope, it's much more important to have 16 active threads on a contrived non-issue - of which had been discussed more than necessary in one threads long ago and several last week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 02:16 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,102,964 times
Great post. In related news, this is a great article by Elizabeth Edwards, about the shoddy state of political journalism in our country.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/27/op...1&oref=slogin#

Old 04-28-2008, 02:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
I'd say the people are becoming more and more informed every day regarding Obama and his associations. That's a good thing. Afterall, this guy wants to be president, and character and judgement matter.

Since he hasn't been in politics that long, the people who support him and give him advice are an issue.

Quote:
Great post. In related news, this is a great article by Elizabeth Edwards, about the shoddy state of political journalism in our country.
It's just really delightful to see these same people who have been the left-wing media darlings for years, cry and whine now about unfair media practices. Where were they when the media was unfairly displaying their bias by going after republicans? No whining and complaining then, right? Hypocrits - all of them.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Since he hasn't been in politics that long, the people who support him and give him advice are an issue
There has been absolutely nothing stated (or written) by the Senator to create correlation that opponents are suggesting. Nothing. Period.

Quote:
It's just really delightful to see these same people who have been the left-wing media darlings for years, cry and whine now about unfair media practices. Where were they when the media was unfairly going after a republican?
Sorry, but the corporate conservative media - Viacom, Disney, News Corp, Universal/GE have nothing but an inherently right wing agenda.

Though, I can't wait to see examples of what people who have been darlings of the corporate conservative media are whining now?

Old 04-28-2008, 02:28 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,120,290 times
Here, read this while we count the Obama is known by the company he keeps threads:
http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/04/10/jeremiah-wright-was-a-muslim-why-that-matters/

Old 04-28-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but the corporate conservative media - Viacom, Disney, News Corp, Universal/GE have nothing but an inherently right wing agenda.
Please, you must be kidding. CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, LA Times, NY Times, W. Post - All left-wing media. I won't even mention Mediamatters, Moveon, Air America (well, no one listens to them anyway)
vs.
Fox News - Fair and Balanced
Conservative Talk Radio.

Seems even steven to me.

Face it - the left-wing media has had a monopoly for decades. Finally a little balance comes along, and the kook-left can't stand it. What happened to free speech, diversity of opinions they so like to embrace as a guiding principle of their philosophy?

Old 04-28-2008, 02:36 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Excellent post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
You know, one of these active threads "discussing" the contrived story:

1 OMG - Rev Wright at the Press Club
2 Ladies and Gents: Meet the politics of Race and Religion!!
3 Wright mocks American Hero John F. Kennedy
4 Troubles Erupting for Obama
5 Wright again compared to Christ
6 Wright says all black folks listen to Farrakhan
7 Obama's pastor and mentor: Believes in Balck Liberation Theology
8 Do the Wright Thing: Better now than in October
9 The tragic irony of the Wright message
10 Might Wright Run For Office?
11 Is Wright Swiftboating Obama?
12 BIGOT ALERT: Wright says white churches are the Anti-Christ
13 Jeremiah Wright ( A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing)
14 Rev. Wright's speech being replayed on CNN now
15 Wasn't rev. Wright retired according to Obama's statement....?
16 Wright's Interview Who Watched, Your Thoughts

...feel free to post here as a catch all thead to bash Wright and therefore Obama too...

Forget policy. Nah, that's too hard. This is easy. It's fun and easy to do this.

Why concern ourselves with pesky policies? That's just for coffee drinkin' elites.

Policies don't affect Americans in anyway, but that Rev Wright profoundly impacts my life in more ways that foreign and domestic policy... in more ways than I-Rack or health insurance, big oil, the housing mess as well the current administration's antics which continue to be most incompetent and corrupt of any of our lifetimes, Nixon included.

Nope, it's much more important to have 16 active threads on a contrived non-issue - of which had been discussed more than necessary in one threads long ago and several last week.

Great post! I think the realization is finally sinking in that Obama is going to be the eventual nominee and this has prompted such lunacy in desperation posts about non-issues designed to attack him.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Please, you must be kidding
No, I'm serious. Do your homework instead of being told what to think from entertainers on AM radio.

Quote:
I won't even mention Mediamatters, Moveon, Air America (well, no one listens to them anyway)
Media Matters is not the media and neither is Moveon. Air America is in fact a liberal radio network.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:47 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Obama said that he understands that it's a valid issue.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
No, I'm serious. Do your homework instead of being told what to think from entertainers on AM radio.
So..you say NBC,CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, NYT, LAT, W. POST - all right-wing media. I would say YOU are the one who needs to do some research into the matter.

Quote:
Media Matters is not the media and neither is Moveon.
Run by left-wing kooks. That's the point. Left-wing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections