Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If Hillary Is Nominated By The Democrats.. Will you vote for McCain?
Yes 22 31.88%
No 47 68.12%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:24 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,087 times

Advertisements

They would agree to slavery before they even think about casting a vote for John McCain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 10:15 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
They would agree to slavery before they even think about casting a vote for John McCain
Strong statement.
Wouldn't go so far as to say that, but most blacks wouldn't vote for McCain. I would even say that even if Condi was vice president, that would turn even more blacks away from McCain....

Old 04-29-2008, 10:35 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Strong statement.
Wouldn't go so far as to say that, but most blacks wouldn't vote for McCain. I would even say that even if Condi was vice president, that would turn even more blacks away from McCain....
LOL, Definitely. Condi Rice is persona non grata to black people.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:57 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
I dont think African-Americans will vote for McCain, they just wont vote at all. I will say this, the democratic party relies on the African-American vote and if huge numbers of African-Americans stay home, it could cost the democrats some key democratic strong hold states which could result in the democrats losing in November.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:18 PM

316 posts, read 596,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Umm, I highly doubt that. For the most part, black folks will not vote for anyone associated with the Bush administration.
Whos associated with the bush aministration??

Old 04-29-2008, 09:22 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,509 times
sure, maybe like 3 or 4 black people will vote for mcsame

Old 04-29-2008, 10:42 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBI JOE View Post
Assuming that somehow Hillary manages to wrist away Senator Obama's rightful nomination.... Will the African American Community then vote McCain?
Calling it a rightful nomination is showing inappropriate assumptions. If you wanted to do the poll correctly, you should have shown not voting at all as an option too.

Not voting for Clinton out of spite seems counterproductive to me, if you have sentiments in line with Obama. Their voting records and proposals are very similar, and significantly different from McCain's.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:18 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Calling it a rightful nomination is showing inappropriate assumptions. If you wanted to do the poll correctly, you should have shown not voting at all as an option too.

Not voting for Clinton out of spite seems counterproductive to me, if you have sentiments in line with Obama. Their voting records and proposals are very similar, and significantly different from McCain's.
make sure you repeat that when Obama finally gets the nomination

Old 04-30-2008, 11:18 AM

123 posts, read 346,850 times
I agree that not voting at all would be absolutely counterproductive. McCain has not said one thing about how he will help this economy, he is laying low on this Rev Wright issue to see how it plays out. The Republicans were likely the ones to dig up this video bit anyway. Has anyone researched to find out how it was originally brought out to the news media?
Wright is trying to get his 15 minites of fame at the expense of the real coming together that might have been possible w/Obama. I think unless Obama pulls a miricle he his dead in the water now. I don't like Clinton tactics but she is still better than the republican alternative. Frankly I wanted to see Edwards get the nomination my self.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:25 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I think McCain comes across as being more likable than the other 2 candidates at this time. However, I could never vote for him for three reasons.

McCain said that Katrina will never happen again if he has anything to do with it. Where as he was one of the people that where against the relief efforts. He says one thing and does another and I am tired of the lying politician.

Senator McCain is a warmonger!!! I said this when the war started I will say it again, God will not bless our country doing the wrong thing. We cannot win a war that isn't ours. McCain is another Bush!!!

McCain realizes that he may have the opportunity to go after the African American vote and possibly cross color lines. However when we look at his track record and not what he says we should not vote for the man just because he is changing his mind. Lets not be fooled by his smooth words. This man is not good for our country.
There is not a politician alive that does not waffle back and forth all the time. That is just politics at work, especially during election years. Wake up and smell the coffee. And I am not a McCain fan either but even less of a Hillary fan, she most definitely can't be trusted. I think it is either in her blood or just wore off living with Bill so long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections