Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 07:47 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times

Advertisements

I think you're reinventing the wheel with all these Rezko revelations. He's been tried and convicted, lawyers have been all over every inch of his history. They know, they know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 08:31 AM

509 posts, read 691,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
Page 2 paragraph 7:
"The Obamas bought the house in June 2005 for $1.65 million--some $300,000 less than the asking price--and secured a $1.32 million mortgage from Northern Trust....."
Correct not Rezko as you stated.
thank you

Old 07-28-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Gladly! Thank you.

As I pointed out in my first paragraph Tony Rezko has used "shells" to cover his donations to Obama and other candidates. For example he has a shell company called Allied Materials LLC, another called Chicago Property Management as well as several others that I listed:

In addition to that Federal Election records indicate that Rezko has donated large sums to Obama under his wife and son's names. This was uncovered by WBEZ, Chicago and later part of an investigative report compiled and reported by WLS, channel 7, Chicago.

Most troubling of all are the donations by existing coorporations and non functioning businesses (many bankrupt or in process) that Tony Rezko controlled or was an investor in.

Obama has a lot of Rezko dirty money in his campaign chest!

What you said was
"Barack Obama claims that Antoin "Tony" Rezko has only contributed $5,000 to his presidential campaign which Obama says he has returned."

If its true or not none of what you say backs that up!

Old 07-28-2008, 12:40 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,120,606 times
The point is that Rezko contributed quite a bit more than $5,000. I showed that by using his wife, son and various businesses which he owns or has an interest in he has made large contributions.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
The point is that Rezko contributed quite a bit more than $5,000. I showed that by using his wife, son and various businesses which he owns or has an interest in he has made large contributions.
But you don't show how it was give to Obama presidental campaign.
To quote the beginning of your quote,
"On October 12, 2006, ABC 7 News Chicago reported that "in the last decade,"
If in fact it is true, it all happened before 2006, and none of that money was given to any presidential campaign as you originally said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections