U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:49 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,547,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
I love you, Axelrod.......Wright did the right thing by Obama
Expat007 tell 'em. I knew from the begining this was a political strategy that still carries a lot of risk but long term gains if it all goes positive. What a genious Axelrod is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 12:52 PM

2,665 posts, read 3,410,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
On MSNBC right now a reporter, who was at the press conference, said, "he has never seen Obama this angry or this upset"

He probably should be, you've got Rev. Wright going on a publicity tour for his book right before some crucial primaries. Wright must have known it would hurt Obama, what was the Rev. thinking?
You think he should've just kept his opinions and teachings to Obama hidden until after the election? What else do you think should be kept in the closet until after Denver and/or the general election?

Old 04-29-2008, 12:52 PM

1,545 posts, read 2,055,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
You seem more of a fan of Axelrod and his work than Obama. And you know that Axelrod is the mastermind behind what Obama says publically. And it means without Axelrod, Obama would not be where he is today.

And that doesn't say very much for Obama if his campaign is so fake and contrived, that we are not hearing pure Obama speak but just Axelrod spin.

I am watching MSNBC right now. Yes, Obama looks upset, but he's still acting very repressed to me.
people thought Obama was too elitist and cocky???

well this should bring him down to human level; good job Axelrod

Now get rid of wright

Old 04-29-2008, 12:56 PM

19,500 posts, read 20,859,246 times
I'll believe it all when Obama bytch-slaps Wright.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:13 PM

7,730 posts, read 12,697,065 times
So Obama says this is not the man he met 20 years ago. Obama isn't the candidate he was prior to Super Tuesday either. He's soiled.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:22 PM

7,987 posts, read 11,207,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
So Obama says this is not the man he met 20 years ago. Obama isn't the candidate he was prior to Super Tuesday either. He's soiled.
Obama's comment cracks me up......Wright is not the man Obama met 20 years ago......

But Wright is the same man he was just 1 year, or 2 years, or 3 years ago.....
Wright is the same man he was just a year or so ago when he prayed with Obama (being Obama's spiritual mentor) prior to Obama announcing his run for office.

The way Obama talks, you would think Obama has been in a time machine that allowed to him skip all those years in between. 20 years......year after year of hate being spewed.........

Old 04-29-2008, 01:30 PM

1,545 posts, read 2,055,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Obama's comment cracks me up......Wright is not the man Obama met 20 years ago......

But Wright is the same man he was just 1 year, or 2 years, or 3 years ago.....
Wright is the same man he was just a year or so ago when he prayed with Obama (being Obama's spiritual mentor) prior to Obama announcing his run for office.

The way Obama talks, you would think Obama has been in a time machine that allowed to him skip all those years in between. 20 years......year after year of hate being spewed.........
Axelrod it working !!! They dont have a coherent attack anymore

Old 04-29-2008, 01:38 PM

270 posts, read 485,660 times
Although I don't really like Obama I think that this is a good thing. I hope it is not too little too late. He is in a better light in my book now.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:53 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,539,403 times
Do any of you actually believe that Obama DIDN'T know Wright's world view on the AIDS issue before now? Like 1, 2, 6 years ago?

Do any of you actually believe that Obama DIDN'T know Wright's world view on the Farakhan issue before now? Like 1, 2, 6 years ago or when he attended Million Man March?

Do any of you actually believe that Obama DIDN'T know Wright's world view on equating the U.S. with Al Qaeda & terrorism before now? Like 1, 2, 6 years ago?

Or do you believe this from Wright;

"He's a politician. He says what he has to say"

He would have more credibility if he would have come out 1, 2 or 6 years ago denouncing these comments. Denouncing them now is just damage control, plain and simple. This hurt him terribly, perhaps irreversibly.

And anyone that thinks this was actually a planned strategy by having Wright make these comments and Obama denounce them. Put your thinking hats on for a minute. That MIGHT be believeable IF, the MINUTE the comments came out (a long, long time ago) he would have come out and denounced them. That's not the way it went down.

He was forced to do this to save his campaign. But most will view this as a political posturing, and nothing more.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:56 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,539,403 times
Quote:
Just a reminder, if Hillary had dropped out weeks ago, the Wright stuff probably would have disappeared. He would have been focusing on McCain.
Operation Chaos.

Too bad it didn't come out after he got the nomination.

Of course, it has been out there for over a year. Foxnews interviewed Wright in 2007. It's the left-wing and mainstream media that ignored it, hoping it would go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections