U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 06:03 PM

1,545 posts, read 2,054,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Bingo!! Along with his bitter people clinging to guns and religion comments (I bet that is going over well in North Carolina), seeing his lead in NC split in half must have been alarming, to say the least.
the last laugh will be on tuesday, shills and shrills....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 06:19 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,995,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I disagree with the way Obama dissed R.W today. Proably influenced by his campaign staff, more than his own mind.
I agree with you. I felt a little disappointed. I would love to see him get to the White house but I don't want him to have to tap dance his way there ya know? I would hope he did this of his own accord and genuinely felt hurt by what Wright did.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
I agree with you. I felt a little disappointed. I would love to see him get to the White house but I don't want him to have to tap dance his way there ya know? I would hope he did this of his own accord and genuinely felt hurt by what Wright did.
LOL Obama cant please ANYONE......i think Obama did the best NOT to lose the black vote

NOW He can FULLY stand on his own feet, and hope others judge him on that !

Old 04-29-2008, 06:27 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,995,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
LOL Obama cant please ANYONE......i think Obama did the best NOT to lose the black vote

NOW He can FULLY stand on his own feet, and hope others judge him on that !
At this point, he sure can't please anyone, LOL. Honestly, he didn't HAVE to say anything. Besides I didn't say he lost my vote. I'm just disappointed that he felt he had to do this in the first place. I don't want him to have to give press conferences every time Wright opens his mouth just to appease a segment of people that don't want to vote for him anyway.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
At this point, he sure can't please anyone, LOL. Honestly, he didn't HAVE to say anything. Besides I didn't say he lost my vote. I'm just disappointed that he felt he had to do this in the first place. I don't want him to have to give press conferences every time Wright opens his mouth just to appease a segment of people that don't want to vote for him anyway.
Nah the ABC interview hurt him because he was hesistant, NOW he is the Commander-in-chief

Old 04-29-2008, 06:33 PM

3,255 posts, read 4,577,427 times
I still say if any one was voting for him or against him because his pastor was Jeremiah Wright, that is an odd way to decide a vote. Hopefully now, all the naysayers and word parsers, will let us get back to real deal of winning this thing so we can start working to defeat Johh McCain and win the prize. I think we are letting our own slights cloud our judgement of the big picture. I for one am not afraid of the republicans, we have all the right issues, and sadly the country is going downhill economically every day.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:36 PM

3,255 posts, read 4,577,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
Nah the ABC interview hurt him because he was hesistant, NOW he is the Commander-in-chief
In a world where thinking before one speaks is rare, I think people are uncomfortable when Obama does not have pat answers. Hillary can make pronouncements that we are going to create a nuclear umbrella over th emiddle east and no one bats an eye, but if Obama takes a moment to formulate a measured response to a question, he is hesitant. I want a thinker, then a doer, not a doer that thinks later, we have one of those now.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:21 PM

600 posts, read 994,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
In a world where thinking before one speaks is rare, I think people are uncomfortable when Obama does not have pat answers. Hillary can make pronouncements that we are going to create a nuclear umbrella over th emiddle east and no one bats an eye, but if Obama takes a moment to formulate a measured response to a question, he is hesitant. I want a thinker, then a doer, not a doer that thinks later, we have one of those now.
i completely agree
however i feel sometimes obama isnt thinking about what we SHOULD do, but rather he is thinking about what his aduiance wants to hear. If stats showed that 95% of americans where rapist, within a week hillary and obama would be competeing over the fact. Hillary would say that obama doesnt rape enough, and obama would be screaming that he rapes people all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections