U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:51 AM

237 posts, read 235,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
My pastor has said things I disagree with. He is against abortion and I support abortion rights. He opposes school vouchers and I am for them in some circumstances. But if he talked like this guy, I would say "see ya later" and make a quick exit.
That said, people do change when they get old. They often let out things that they have held in for years and- especially when they are at or near retirement and can say what they want without having to worry about any consequences. I have heard of people that unload on the company, the boss and even co-workers at retirement. This could be such a case. It is entirely possible that Obama is telling the truth.
Somebody really should every sermon this guy did for the past 20 years and put all of them in the internet so people can listen to them and see if his tone has changed in the past few years.

In this case, your pastor sounds like the politician. Maybe he should come to your church that and you be the preacher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 08:57 AM

1,551 posts, read 1,787,174 times
Default ridiculous

I'm sorry, WHY does any of this matter? First of all, it's not at all relevant to what is going on in the country right now. Second of all, it is ridiculous and stupid to condemn a man for the actions and words of someone he happens to know. And THIRD, WHY is what Wright said so "offensive"? As a 28-year old caucasian woman, I really don't get what all the fuss is about regarding Wright's comments. You know what he said? THE TRUTH. It may not have been politically correct or what the majority of white people in this country wanted to hear, but it wasn't racist and it wasn't wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Very well said!

In Obama's denouncement yesteday on Wright, he also said Wright is not the man "he met 20 years ago". Ok Obama, but what about years 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2???? Did Wright magically become a hate-monger and racist overnight???? Obama still has some more explaining to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or