U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:53 AM

3,255 posts, read 4,577,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post
Here we go again huh? Nobody ever said that he is on the Ballot. I see you still won't admit to being naive enough to defend him. If I remember right you are one who said that he never said anything wrong and everything was taken out of context. Will it take you 23 years to see your mistake just like it did Obama? Admit you were wrong and move on.
I remain on the side that says he has the freedom to say what he wants. I also think that his parishoners do not have to judget the whole church by some lines by the pastor. Although not a fan of Farakhan, I do remember eyars ago when he was reigning in violence in the worst neighborhoods that he was often seen on panels and news shows doing work to stop drugs and violence. So people get to say they what they wish in a free society. I still say, as I said before, that there is a grain of truth in even the most outlandish statements people make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 11:57 AM

7,987 posts, read 11,200,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Obama isn't the sheep that you want him to be.

As an American do you agree with 100% of what the gov't says and does? They do represent us on the World stage. If not why haven't you moved to another country.
An Obama supporter failing to have an argument to answer with, so instead, they deflect and ask someone "why haven't you moved to another country". Now that would hardly be "unity" would it? Isn't Obama and everyone connected with his campaign all about "unity"??? That's what Obama wants us to believe. I've hardly seen any "unity" coming from his supporters?????? Makes one wonder, is Obama really a snake oil salesman like many believe????

Old 04-30-2008, 11:58 AM

1,545 posts, read 2,054,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Cherry picker ...

Elizabeth Edwards FAVORS Hillary's health plan
Hillary would nuke Iran IF they attacked Israel

expat ... your cheese is blowing in the wind now that you are handwringing Obama... P.U.

PU = ??? hey??

Old 04-30-2008, 12:16 PM

123 posts, read 318,505 times
No snake oil , just nieve enough to think he could unite all demographics behind him. I like the guy but see some real blunders. Nieve enough to think his pastor would lay low instead of grabbing his 15 minutes of fame. Nieve enough to think that we could have a better nation. Fact is the young people of all races really have faith in this guy. Where-as the older generation are a little more sceptical. I want to vote for Hillary but have a hard time trusting her when most of her rhetoric is the same old agenda as the Republicans. Same old establishment that got us into the mess we are in. Fankly I think it's time to "outsource" the presidency just like most of corporate America has. (joke of course )

Old 04-30-2008, 02:16 PM

19,499 posts, read 20,844,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Neither of these three are worthy of my time or vote.
That should be "none". "Neither" denotes two choices.

(Sorry. I'm an English language maven.)

Old 04-30-2008, 02:32 PM

437 posts, read 572,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post
Most all of you Obama supporters would not say one bad thing about Reverend Wright. All of you out there defending him, saying that he never said anything wrong. Now that your candidate has come out and said that his remarks are insulting and inappropriate are you too flip flopping and finally admitting that they were wrong.
Nope. They may have been condescending and even insulting in delivery, but not in content. I can disagree with the man I'm voting for.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:47 PM

17,700 posts, read 35,561,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
PU = ??? hey??
A little slower ...

peeeuuuuuuuw ... like smelly.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:48 PM

11 posts, read 16,482 times
Off the subject and I apologize... but does Obama really refer to white people as "typical white person"? I did not know that... Is that what this Wright man says? Why is race always an issue? Anyways, sorry about steering away from the question!

Old 04-30-2008, 02:55 PM

1,545 posts, read 2,054,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtussey View Post
Off the subject and I apologize... but does Obama really refer to white people as "typical white person"? I did not know that... Is that what this Wright man says? Why is race always an issue? Anyways, sorry about steering away from the question!
You didnt know ??? Obama's mother is white !!!! gobsmacked!!!!!

Old 04-30-2008, 02:57 PM

3,568 posts, read 3,270,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Wright isn't running for President, so who cares what he has/had to say. Obama said himself the Wright he knew 20 years ago isn't the same person today.

As a Black man I know the kind of person Wright is. I could sit and listen to him then challenge his views the same way I do here on the forums. That does not mean I represent everything he say all the time. That does not mean this type of person can't be a friend on some level?

When Wright calls out Obama and says things along the lines of Obama is a politician, people are automatically going to assume he is trying to weasel his way out of any situation. Also b/c the media and everyone are joining these two at the hip now he has no choice but to go against him. Obama isn't a sheep. He does not HAVE to agree with everything Wright says. There could be great qualities about the man. It's up to Obama to decide what he feels is appropriate.
In your post change the names "Obama" and "Wright" to "McCain" and "David Duke." Now defend that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections