Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:45 PM

61 posts, read 259,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
If one is religious or claims to be, then the choice of church and pastor is very important. Personally, I feel that ones choice of spouse is a bit more important, but if one is very religious, then I believe for many, their choice of pastor could be equally or more important. For instance, some people will only marry another church member.

But at the very least a choice of pastor is on the same level as choosing ones best or close friends.
Unfortunately so many people of the cloth are such scheming and lying characters. I could certainly see how Obama was taken in by this phony! Obama was younger and more impressionable and was looking for someone to fill the role of a father to him! He made an error in judgment! Big Deal! Get Over it!

The main reason Obama is getting drilled on this so much is because he is black and there is still a lot of racists out there who do not like blacks! I also believe Hilary and Bill are Racists and Jew Haters!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 11:57 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,324 times
quote=janeannwho;3623017]Is your choice of pastor more important than your choice of spouse? I have listened to all this rhetoric for weeks now about the pastor problem. People choose to remain in relationships or leave them for a variety of personal reasons. Barack Obama is being raked over the coals for "staying" with a pastor, but if you were to raise the question of judgement of why Hillary "stayed" with Bill or why John McCain "cheated' on his wife, suddenly that is a personal relationship that holds no bearing on the election. This is nonsense. They are all carrying personal decisions that they made in the past. Hillary said you have a choice and her choice was to stay with a man who was 90 percent what she wanted and needed, Barack stayed with a church that was 90 percent what he wanted and needed, John McCain left a family behind.[/quote]

Obama has made 2 awful personal choices in his life.....

1. To marry a radical, angry, nasty woman currently known as Michelle Obama... check her out. She is angry 99% of the time, unless she is on a pro-Obama TV show or when she gets up on stage with Barack. When she is by herself or on the campaign trail, she is angry all the time.

A couple of samples for your "enjoyment".

YouTube - Michelle Obama "Proud" vs "Really Proud"

2. To associate himself with a racist, anti-American nutcase pastor (who is associated with the extreme racist from the Nation of Islam, Louis Farrakhan).

Last edited by Fun2Day; 05-01-2008 at 12:10 AM..

Old 05-01-2008, 12:07 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
IMHO picking a spouse is much more important than a pastor. a

Old 05-01-2008, 01:44 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKGrisgby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OT
Let those who wish to retain a culture of failure fail while those who embrace a culture of success be welcomed.
You can say that about any group of people, not just blacks..
And I do. Welcome to the melting pot: Where the best of our cultures thrive and the weakest parts of our cultures are relinquished in the name of the greater good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKGrisgby
Quote:
Originally Posted by OT
Overcoming racism isn't a national thing.
Silly me. I thought a national problem would require a nation to solve it when, in all actually, it's the fault of minorities for not kissing enough honky ass.
So, let's get this straight. "The choice of the black race" is to either kiss the power holders ass or complain and beg for more? Either choice seems degrading to me and I wouldn't want to do it. Let me offer a mutually beneficial approach.

Rather than looking at things in white and black and begging or kissing up, the right path is for an individual, regardless of race or sex to view themselves as an individual and the world around them as a world of individuals. To make a better life, that individual-- black if you will-- adapts their life in such a way that there values are consistent with the values of success. Rather than crying about why things are the way they are, that person investigates why they are that way.

Quote:
I guess the fault of sexism and violence against women is the fault of women, and the fault of child abuse and molestation is the fault of children. By the way, what is the predominate race of convicted child molesters, anyway. Hmmmmmm...
Interestingly enough, I don't care what race child molesters are. It startles me that parents are so irresponsible to allow their children to be molested, but I really don't care about their race.

If you wish to pursue why your analogy doesn't hold up, contact me via PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura
Quote:
Originally Posted by OT
It's something that occurs in each person individually by exposure to good people of the opposite race.
Like white people, who were benevolent enough to free the slaves. Got it.
No, like some white and black people freed the slaves; just like some white and black people enslaved them. There's good and bad in all races. The point is that people need to grow up and stop thinking about things in white and black because there are a lot of decent whites out there and a lot of indecent blacks who aren't going to do right to another just because they're also black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura
If in the future, I ever start stabbing you, then stop and start slapping you, I hope you'll be grateful that I'm no longer stabbing you and just shut up about me slapping you.
First, if you stop stabbing me out of your own free will and had the potential to begin stabbing me again, I would be thankful that you stopped.

Next, if you were slapping me, not because of things I can't help, but because of things that I could change and make me better, then I would also appreciate that.

I wouldn't complain. I would adapt. That's what adults do.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:20 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Why would I? You don't give credit for something you're supposed to do.
I must say, people with your mentality sure make it easy for "whitey" to be ambivalent regarding the plight of your people.

There comes a time when blaming "whitey" for all the ills of the black community loses its impact. Kinda like crying wolf.

Funny you pull food stamps & Section 8 housing out of that list, ignoring the trillions of dollars and resources that people like myself, taxpayers, have poured into the black community.

Reparations? Is that what you are after? 40 acres and a mule?

Sorry, not from me. I suggest IF your ancestors were slaves, that you track down the people who enslaved them and sue for reparations. See, I had no part in that history of the U.S., and neither did my ancestors.

So, I owe you nothing. And your attitude and that big ol chip on your shoulder does not inspire much empathy on my part. Sorry.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:43 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Understood, by why not the same uproar over other candidate's choices in life!
First, this "uproar" is solely (imo) due to Wright's several public appearances in the last week. His Bill Moyers interview and then being the guest speaker at the National Press Club and NAACP dinners. Each time, Wright got more flamboyant about his opinions.

Secondly, what are you referring to when you mention the "other candidate's choices in life" are not being scrutinized in the same way. And whatever it is that you are thinking about, has it surfaced in the last week? Right now, Wright is just being an attention seeker and riding Obama's coat tails in order to do so. If you have any complaints about it, talk to Wright and tell in to shut it.

I wonder if Wright is getting nasty calls and death threats over this? Tavis Smiley got a ton of negative flack when he criticized Obama for not attending that Black Congress in New Orleans. And what Wright has done is far worse.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:52 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasMetaphor View Post
Unfortunately so many people of the cloth are such scheming and lying characters. I could certainly see how Obama was taken in by this phony! Obama was younger and more impressionable and was looking for someone to fill the role of a father to him! He made an error in judgment! Big Deal! Get Over it!
But it took Obama 20 YEARS to figure Wright out! And Obama is 46 now. It sure took him a long time to see Wright for who he is. And that's not a good trait to have in our president.
Quote:
The main reason Obama is getting drilled on this so much is because he is black and there is still a lot of racists out there who do not like blacks! I also believe Hilary and Bill are Racists and Jew Haters!
This has nothing to do with the colour of Obama's skin. Wright's words were offensive regardless of the colour of his skin also.

And about Hillary and Bill being racist or jew hating, you are wrong and have no reason to think or say that. When Hillary was at Yale, she tutored black law students. And where to you get this jew hating crap from?

Old 05-01-2008, 10:46 AM

437 posts, read 631,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
And I do.
No, you don't.

Quote:
So, let's get this straight. "The choice of the black race" is to either kiss the power holders ass or complain and beg for more?
That's pretty much what you said.

Quote:
Rather than looking at things in white and black and begging or kissing up
Didn't you say that blacks should be GRATEFUL to white people for fighting in the war? Yeah, that was you.

Quote:
Interestingly enough, I don't care what race child molesters are. It startles me that parents are so irresponsible to allow their children to be molested, but I really don't care about their race.
That's because 70% of them are white.

Quote:
If you wish to pursue why your analogy doesn't hold up, contact me via PM.
I try to keep my conversation with bigots to a minimum.

Quote:
because there are a lot of decent whites out there
YAAAAAY, WHITEY!!!!

Quote:
First, if you stop stabbing me out of your own free will and had the potential to begin stabbing me again, I would be thankful that you stopped.
Ahhhhhh, so there's the problem.

Quote:
I wouldn't complain.
And yet, that's exactly what you're doing. "Waaaaah, black people don't think we're the gods of the earth! Waaaaaah, why aren't they more grateful to us?"

Old 05-01-2008, 10:55 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
How old are you? You are actually a teacher, with this kind of attitude? I truly, truly feel sorry for the kids you are teaching. You will for sure keep the cycle of victim-status alive and well.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:04 AM

437 posts, read 631,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How old are you?

Quote:
You are actually a teacher, with this kind of attitude?
Nearly 30 years strong.

Quote:
I truly, truly feel sorry for the kids you are teaching. You will for sure keep the cycle of victim-status alive and well.
I learned from the best - white people. You think African-Americans complain? You've never been in a room with a bunch of upper class white teenagers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections