Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:10 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

Sorry, white people are not responsible for your attitude.

I have a question for you.

The D.C. school district spends $15000-20000 per student. It is predominantly black. That kind of expenditure is on the level of THE BEST of private whitey schools.

They are the worst in the nation.

How can whitey fix this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
But it took Obama 20 YEARS to figure Wright out! And Obama is 46 now. It sure took him a long time to see Wright for who he is. And that's not a good trait to have in our president.

This has nothing to do with the colour of Obama's skin. Wright's words were offensive regardless of the colour of his skin also.

And about Hillary and Bill being racist or jew hating, you are wrong and have no reason to think or say that. When Hillary was at Yale, she tutored black law students. And where to you get this jew hating crap from?
You need to understand that is near impossible for a racially moderate open to white folks Black person to distance themselves from Black animosity towards White folks. Why do I say that? Most Black people don't like you. Most people of color throughout the world don't like you. Black people talk about White people all the time. The question is where and when did Obama agree with the negativity around him?

Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 AM

123 posts, read 346,809 times
Michell Obama appears to be an intellegent and quite independent mind and that is VERY threatening to most men. If you wan to tak anger check out McCains past record ( definitely and anger management problem there) and Hillary is not too much better, when screaming and yelling don't work then she resorts to crying. As for the " let the successful races rule thing? . Gues you might say Hitler had a similar philosophy.
Yes, blacks need to start droppong the slavery agenda and live in the worlsd as it is TODAY. This is what Obama is all about, not the Rev wright types that want to be on top themsleves regardless of who they trample along the way , w/their old agenda's.
Count me as a caucasian, still undecided vote. ( But any more years w/the same old , same old will crumble this great country.)

Old 05-01-2008, 11:17 AM

437 posts, read 631,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

The D.C. school district spends $15000-20000 per student. It is predominantly black. That kind of expenditure is on the level of THE BEST of private whitey schools.

How can whitey fix this?
Ship all the evil black children back to Africa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
You need to understand that is near impossible for a racially moderate open to white folks Black person to distance themselves from Black animosity towards White folks. Why do I say that? Most Black people don't like you. Most people of color throughout the world don't like you. Black people talk about White people all the time. The question is where and when did Obama agree with the negativity around him?
I had to chuckle at this one, because I think this is a concept that white people simply cannot grasp - even with our benevolence in freeing the slaves and ending Jim Crow after...oh, about 80 years (if not longer). And that's just the United States. I've heard whites from overseas say similar things. So...what's their problem?

Old 05-01-2008, 11:24 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Your poor kids.

You don't happen to work in the DC school district, do you?

That would explain a lot.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Your poor kids.
You've said that already.

Quote:
You don't happen to work in the DC school district, do you?
No, I don't. That's why you don't see me trying to explain why all the stupid black kids don't perform on the same level as the brilliant white kids. But since you brought it up - and taking into consideration your many years in the teaching profession, especially when it comes to teaching children of color - why don't you take a crack at your own question?

Old 05-01-2008, 01:26 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:

How can whitey fix this?
By TEACHING...by providing the BEST of educational materials for the money, instead of putting it in the pockets of school administrators and staff. Spend the money on the STUDENTS for a change.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:52 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKGrisgby View Post
You've said that already.

No, I don't. That's why you don't see me trying to explain why all the stupid black kids don't perform on the same level as the brilliant white kids. But since you brought it up - and taking into consideration your many years in the teaching profession, especially when it comes to teaching children of color - why don't you take a crack at your own question?
Why are you calling your own students "stupid black kids"? Neither Sanrene nor One Thousand did, or in anyway intimated such an insult.

If this is how you really feel about them, perhaps you are the problem.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Why are you calling your own students "stupid black kids"?
Oh, you can do WAY better than that. You missed the part where I said "brilliant white students," something I hardly believe. You must be a HillBilly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
By TEACHING...by providing the BEST of educational materials for the money, instead of putting it in the pockets of school administrators and staff. Spend the money on the STUDENTS for a change.
Ah, so you acknowledge that some students in this country are not getting the best educational materials? Good. You're not completely hopeless after all.

BTW, to answer your question. Let's say that a million dollars is spent on a small, private school and a million dollars is spent on an inner city school. If that million is spent towards school books and materials for the private school and a basketball court and track for the inner city school, it's written on paper as $1 million being spent on both poor schools and rich schools. I could write pages on how schools in the same district are vastly different when it comes to money allotment, overall curriculum, and educational supplies, but that wouldn't affect your opinion in the least anyway, so why bother?

Old 05-01-2008, 02:34 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKGrisgby View Post

I had to chuckle at this one, because I think this is a concept that white people simply cannot grasp - even with our benevolence in freeing the slaves and ending Jim Crow after...oh, about 80 years (if not longer). And that's just the United States. I've heard whites from overseas say similar things. So...what's their problem?
Look nobody likes the United States overseas. Well almost no one. So I guess it is legitimate that the idiocy problem with many people in this country is not due to their race but their mentality. Certainly their deficiency is not DNA based as there are many intelligent well educated White Americans who are likable to the world. You can go to one of the Obama rallies and meet them by the thousands.
Good point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections