U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-30-2008, 04:56 PM
 
1,545 posts, read 2,055,193 times
Reputation: 117

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
You. Do the same thing as Upton. He makes VERY valid points. It is painfully obvious when someone just makes fun of the person making the point, they have absolutely no response for what is being said.

Instead of calling names, tell us why you think his points are off base?
i think you should then read the obama 2 speeches and then come back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-30-2008, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Washington state
7,208 posts, read 8,369,556 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
You. Do the same thing as Upton. He makes VERY valid points. It is painfully obvious when someone just makes fun of the person making the point, they have absolutely no response for what is being said.

Instead of calling names, tell us why you think his points are off base?
Glenn Beck is an alcoholic, Rush Limbaugh is a drug addict. The RW is full of pill poppers and drinkers and, for that matter, sex offenders (Bill O'Reilly) why should I take any of the bigoted hate they spew out seriously?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2008, 06:02 PM
 
2,153 posts, read 4,994,378 times
Reputation: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Glenn Beck is an alcoholic, Rush Limbaugh is a drug addict. The RW is full of pill poppers and drinkers and, for that matter, sex offenders (Bill O'Reilly) why should I take any of the bigoted hate they spew out seriously?
Once again. Read what Glen Beck has to say, then refute it. You haven't made a single comment about why he is wrong.

If for one second you actually believe people with problems only exist on 1 side of the political spectrum, I guess I will take back my comments because your answers probably aren't worth listening to anyways. Just because a person has a problem doesn't mean they shouldn't be listened to. If you don't like Glenn Beck, fine, but at least cut the name calling and tell us why you think he is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2008, 06:05 PM
 
1,545 posts, read 2,055,193 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Once again. Read what Glen Beck has to say, then refute it. You haven't made a single comment about why he is wrong.

If for one second you actually believe people with problems only exist on 1 side of the political spectrum, I guess I will take back my comments because your answers probably aren't worth listening to anyways. Just because a person has a problem doesn't mean they shouldn't be listened to.
when do you rehash it 3 lines to tell us his rants and then i can be bothered
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2008, 06:06 PM
 
2,153 posts, read 4,994,378 times
Reputation: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Valid points according to you!!! Not to me.
Why are they not valid? Please tell me. I think Glen did a nice job of explaining the judgement aspect of the situation. Tell me why he is wrong.

This seems to be a plague with Obama supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2008, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
32,262 posts, read 54,994,940 times
Reputation: 15292
Glenn Beck is a conservative that will say whatever it takes to squash any democrat. His opinion is about as impartial as what youd find on the Huffington Post.

He has an agenda and objectivity plays no role in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2008, 06:07 PM
 
2,153 posts, read 4,994,378 times
Reputation: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
when do you rehash it 3 lines to tell us his rants and then i can be bothered
what??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2008, 06:09 PM
 
2,153 posts, read 4,994,378 times
Reputation: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Glenn Beck is a conservative that will say whatever it takes to squash any democrat. His opinion is about as impartial as what youd find on the Huffington Post.

He has an agenda and objectivity plays no role in it.
Isn't it something like 90% of journalists are registered democratic. Couldn't the same be said for then 90% of the news reported to us?

I would just like someone who is ripping on Beck (I could care less if you like him or not) to tell me why this statement is flawed:

GLENN: Okay. So let's take it at face value. "I had no idea he was like that." So let's move on from that. "I'm going to meet with President Ahmadinejad here in the next couple of weeks to talk about relations over with Iran." Are you kidding me! You couldn't sit with a guy for 20 years and know how much hate and anger he was filled with and you think I'm going to trust you with relations in the Middle East?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2008, 06:11 PM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
32,262 posts, read 54,994,940 times
Reputation: 15292
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Isn't it something like 90% of journalists are registered democratic. Couldn't the same be said for then 90% of the news reported to us?

I would just like someone who is ripping on Beck (I could care less if you like him or not) to tell me why this statement is flawed:

GLENN: Okay. So let's take it at face value. "I had no idea he was like that." So let's move on from that. "I'm going to meet with President Ahmadinejad here in the next couple of weeks to talk about relations over with Iran." Are you kidding me! You couldn't sit with a guy for 20 years and know how much hate and anger he was filled with and you think I'm going to trust you with relations in the Middle East?
Please do not even attempt to tell us how the media is liberal. They have been nothing but cheerleaders to George W Bush for the last 7.5 years-enough said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2008, 06:12 PM
 
1,545 posts, read 2,055,193 times
Reputation: 117
scare-mongering; ask Glenn about the Uranium Mines in Kazardistan that Bill CLinton has been peddling and who the yellow cakes are being sold to.

Glenn Becks simpleton mind thinks he dealing with school kids: Obama boy get back to ya place !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top