Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 08:27 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
This is just as funny as Michelle stating in one of her interviews this past week that "the chapter on Rev. Wright is closed". Sure Michelle....you and your husband would like to sweep everything negative about your past under the rug. Sorry. It won't work. Voters will check under the rug before they vote.
Yup and when they look under the rug who will they find Bill in bed with this time?

Who will be the new Clinton money scandal be with?

Who will be the next woman invited into a hotel room by the Clinton security detail? Oppps I forgot my fly was down Bill said.

Paula Jones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Paula Jones

Unfortunately I could keep going but it would take to long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 08:34 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,903 times
Oh how I love the Democrat infighting!!!! It all helps McCain tremendously. I'm not a big fan of his but compaired to these other two he's a gem! Kerry by the way should just fade away. He's over.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:36 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
This is just as funny as Michelle stating in one of her interviews this past week that "the chapter on Rev. Wright is closed". Sure Michelle....you and your husband would like to sweep everything negative about your past under the rug. Sorry. It won't work. Voters will check under the rug before they vote.
The more the dem. Obama fans are asking for the rev. to be put in the past, the more desperate they sound..

Mrs. Heinz made a stupid mistake to accuse Laura Bush of never having worked in her life.... I still remember that quote!!!

Why should we forget in a few days or weeks while Obama couldn't leave in 20 years!!! Give us the same time.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:51 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,881 times
Let's see -
1) Obama attended Wright's church for like 20 years
2) Obama named a book after a sermon Wright gave
3) Obama has described both in writing and verbally that Wright is a mentor and good friend, and that Wright has had spiritual/religious influence on his life.
4) Wright has stated that Obama is saying what he needs to say to get elected (when Wright was asked how he felt about Obama distancing himself from him)
5) Wright is an obvious racist, is somewhat anti-patriotic, and preaches divisive points of views (doubt it, then go to YouTube and look up Jeremiah Wright - listen for yourself, make your own judgement call)
6) Obama is now acting like Wright is spouting ridiculous things, and not acting like he has, or saying what he said for the past 20 years.

Now with those things in mind... some people have called out Obama for not putting his hand on his heart for the pledge of allegiance, not wearing a US flag on his lapel, and his wife publicly announced that she hasn't felt patriotic about the US until very recently. Out of context all those things seem rather benign... in context to the whole Wright situation... I don't think they are all that benign at all. I think Obama is trying to sell us something, and it isn't his authentic self. I believe he is trying to appeal to the "white majority" by distancing himself from Wright, and any unpatriotic or unmainstream-christian evidence. I believe he is also trying to appeal to black voters by invoking MLK in speeches to them (he did this ridiculously frequent in my own town just a couple weeks ago), and by having Jeremiah Wright speak out purposefully on issues "for Obama" which only appeal to them, yet potentially appeal to them a great deal.

Last edited by belovenow; 05-02-2008 at 09:01 AM..

Old 05-02-2008, 08:53 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
Let's see -
1) Obama attended Wright's church for like 20 years
2) Obama named a book after a sermon Wright gave
3) Obama has described both in writing and verbally that Wright is a mentor and good friend, and that Wright has had spiritual/religious influence on his life.
4) Wright has stated that Obama is saying what he needs to say to get elected (when Wright was asked how he felt about Obama distancing himself from him)
5) Wright is an obvious racist, is somewhat anti-patriotic, and preaches divisive points of views (doubt it, then go to YouTube and look up Jeremiah Wright - listen for yourself, make your own judgement call)

Now with those things in mind... some people have called out Obama for not putting his hand on his heart for the pledge of allegiance, not wearing a US flag on his lapel, and his wife publicly announced that she hasn't felt patriotic about the US until very recently. Out of context all those things seem rather benign... in context to the whole Wright situation... I don't think they are all that benign at all.
SO what Obama is a typical white person, bitter and clinging to his bible, can middle Amerikka blame him??

Old 05-02-2008, 08:59 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
SO what Obama is a typical white person, bitter and clinging to his bible, can middle Amerikka blame him??

LOL! Hey, I have no comment on that, I just am writing the way I see things. I'm not stating that Clinton doesn't have her flaws, but dropping or ignoring this issue as John Kerry or any other Obama-following would like everyone to, is a mistake and that is pretty obvious.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:46 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Why should we forget in a few days or weeks while Obama couldn't leave in 20 years!!! Give us the same time.
What an EXCELLENT comment!!!!! Love it!!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 12:28 PM

437 posts, read 631,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Because you girl declared certain facts off limit.

MONICA
WHITEWATER
PAULA JONES
And that's just Bill!

Old 05-02-2008, 03:03 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Obama's former pastor isn't running for office is he? I wonder why it's ok for McCain to call Falwell an agent of intolerance in 2000 then went and kissed that blubbery fat slob's butt to just get the evangelical vote. If you remember Falwell blamed gays and women who had abortions for 9/11 but no outrage there. Now he gets endorsed by Hagee who called Catholoscim a ***** religion. I personally don't care if Obama sat in that church for 20 minutes or 20 years because Wright's words maybe inflammatory but unlike Hillary's or McCain's votes for the Iraq war they haven't killed anybody.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:36 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
they should have checked the Dubya IQ before electing him
If the Dems wouldn't have nominated Kerry aka Lurch from the Adams Family in 2004, Bush would have been defeated. Maybe the DNC's IQ should have been tested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections