U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2008, 09:09 AM

25,107 posts, read 35,190,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Don't quote illegals, we are talking about American citizens. The illegal issue is another debate. America
Sorry to disappoint you but, if you do not want to "quote illegals", then the candidates should do so also. For, in the 40 million uninsured, 25% of that figure INCLUDES Illegals.

Then, over 25% of that number are people who can financially afford insurance but have choosen not to get it - instead they choose to buy the luxury automobile, buy $200 shots of tequila etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 09:10 AM

3,413 posts, read 6,450,832 times
Quote:
I am sorry if some people on here think that i am too passionate about the health care situation in the USA. I live in the UK and USA and this coming election does affect every American citizen. How can such a great country like America pander to the rich and the big companies to the detrement of the not so wealthy hard working American citizens. To see a country that has parents deciding whether they pay for groceries or healthcare is a disgrace. Obama and Clinton are making promises about healthcare that may or may not happen. Is the health of America so unimportant that it comes down to if's and maybe's. America is the greatest country in the world. McCain has no real plan, so let's hope that Obama or Clinton carry out their promises and not get into office and give all the reasons why they can't give everyone great healthcare.
You don't seem "too passionate", just uniformed and not well-read.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:25 AM

7,922 posts, read 7,835,615 times
You make assumptions that people out there choose not to buy health cover. Maybe in your circle of friends that happens. The majority of people without health cover DO NOT choose to be without health care. They just can't afford the rip off premiums and conditions levied by insurance companies. So 25% are illegal. well 25% of over 4.6 million leaves milions of good hard working American citizens without ANY healthcare cover. Might be a drop in the ocean to you but not to the citizen without health cover.
You say you have experience in other health care systems and are well informed yet you cannot give examples of this. I have to turn my B/S detector off here when i read your posts. Pity as you could, i'm sure be a help to the real issue of health care if you weren't so complacent.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:29 AM

3,413 posts, read 6,450,832 times
Quote:
You make assumptions that people out there choose not to buy health cover. Maybe in your circle of friends that happens. The majority of people without health cover DO NOT choose to be without health care. They just can't afford the rip off premiums and conditions levied by insurance companies. So 25% are illegal. well 25% of over 4.6 million leaves milions of good hard working American citizens without ANY healthcare cover. Might be a drop in the ocean to you but not to the citizen without health cover.
You say you have experience in other health care systems and are well informed yet you cannot give examples of this. I have to turn my B/S detector off here when i read your posts. Pity as you could, i'm sure be a help to the real issue of health care if you weren't so complacent.
What is the source for your statement about "the majority of people without health health cover..."?

Old 05-06-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
You make assumptions that people out there choose not to buy health cover.
Not assumptions.

US Government studies

Old 05-06-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
You say you have experience in other health care systems and are well informed yet you cannot give examples of this.
Once again, you choose to lie. Why?

Post 110

Old 05-06-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
They just can't afford the rip off premiums and conditions levied by insurance companies.
Here you go. Basic policy - $44.00

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona

Old 05-06-2008, 09:37 AM

Studies? Studies are just data to be manipulated. Who commissions the study gets the results they want. If we believed every govt study we would believe the pros and cons of every issue. The facts are listening to real Americans on here who are affected by the health care disease of America.
Still no answer to my question about the facts to back up your theory that UHC in Hong Kong is worse than the Health care in America??????????

Old 05-06-2008, 09:38 AM

Do you pay $44.00 for health cover? If not why not? Because it's so basic it covers nothing? But other Americans should feel happy to get this cover?

Old 05-06-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Still no answer to my question about the facts to back up your theory that UHC in Hong Kong is worse than the Health care in America??????????
Once again - post 110
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or