U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2008, 09:44 AM

7,922 posts, read 7,847,972 times

Advertisements

Here is your post 110.
I don't owe you anything -

IMO, I prefer the US system.

The delays I encountered getting into a physican - then getting tests, then getting treatment were much to long.

In the US, I can call up my physican today, get into see my physican TODAY, get the tests for the conditions TODAY, and get started on treatment TODAY.

Where are there any facts? I can see your vague comments but no facts. You call me a lier. Without facts to back your opinion up then it's just your opinion. That's ok, you are welcome to your opinion but it is far from factual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 09:45 AM

3,255 posts, read 4,586,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Here you go. Basic policy - $44.00

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
I am 49, with high blood pressure and a need for thyroid medication. That is it. Overall healthy. My husband is 50, needs anxiety meds. Overall healthy, all readings in the norm. Have Blue Cross Blue Shield Carefirst without vision or dental. 792.00 per month. So if you can find a 44 dollar a month policy for someone who is not an 18 year old triathelete, let me know. If I do not pay for coverage, then I will lose my covered status and have to go with preexisting conditions, which eliminates any coverage for up to two years or if it is cancer, sometimes never. Without coverage, you are paying up to 10 times as much for a drug as the insurance company. It is a messed up system.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:54 AM

25,107 posts, read 35,237,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The delays I encountered getting into a physican - then getting tests, then getting treatment were much to long.

Where are there any facts? I can see your vague comments but no facts. You call me a lier. Without facts to back your opinion up then it's just your opinion. That's ok, you are welcome to your opinion but it is far from factual.
Those are the "facts" - short of requesting the records from the clinic / doctor showing my arrival time v the time seen, and the records from the lab showing the times I arrived and the time seen etc, the facts are as I stated.

It took over a week. Versus literally hours in the United States.

They are what they are.

Don't like it? Tough.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:56 AM

Greatday. Jane is just one of millions of examples of real facts. Your pie in the sky $44.00 healthcare coverage would be amazing if it was true. If Health care was $44.00, there would be NO debate. You talk about waiting times, imagine the waiting times when EVERYONE is able to get health cover. The insurance companies will not be paying for more hospitals. The hospitals are in debt now so how are they going to build more?
As i said earlier Statistics are just figures to be manipulated. You want to pick the statistics to suit your elitist views then go ahead. But the facts are that MANY American citizens are without health cover because they can't afford it and NOT because they buy expensive tequila.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:58 AM

25,107 posts, read 35,237,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
I am 49, with high blood pressure and a need for thyroid medication. That is it. Overall healthy. My husband is 50, needs anxiety meds. Overall healthy, all readings in the norm. Have Blue Cross Blue Shield Carefirst without vision or dental. 792.00 per month. So if you can find a 44 dollar a month policy for someone who is not an 18 year old triathelete, let me know. If I do not pay for coverage, then I will lose my covered status and have to go with preexisting conditions, which eliminates any coverage for up to two years or if it is cancer, sometimes never. Without coverage, you are paying up to 10 times as much for a drug as the insurance company. It is a messed up system.
One of the things that will probably make into legislation next year, would allow insurance companies to sell their products across state lines. Currently, they cannot. The impact of this would be to spread the risk pool - and would actually bring down premiums for similar polices.

The other item - pre-existing conditions - I believe we will also see legislation that would put a "risk cap" on premiums for pre existing conditions. Currently there is none. Also, it appears we will see in this legislation, severe limitations on denying coverage for pre-existing conditions.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:00 AM

Results of many tests do not take hours. They take days. No Doctor, even in America can suddenly get results back in hours that take time to complete. Maybe it was a miracle? Maybe your Doctor clears his schedule just for you? My wife had health cover in the USA and she had to wait for results for much more than a few days. A bit of B/S i think.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:01 AM

I think jane that any improvement would be good. Too many people on health cover in the USA who kid themselves that everything is ok. They are covered so why should anyone complain? They are so desperate to keep things as they are.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:03 AM

Why aren't you using the $44.00 health insurance cover Greatday?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:09 AM

3,413 posts, read 6,458,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Studies? Studies are just data to be manipulated. Who commissions the study gets the results they want. If we believed every govt study we would believe the pros and cons of every issue. The facts are listening to real Americans on here who are affected by the health care disease of America.
Still no answer to my question about the facts to back up your theory that UHC in Hong Kong is worse than the Health care in America??????????
If you don't believe in studies, where are you getting the information about what the majority of Americans think or want? Since you can't possibly have talked to a majority of Americans then you must be just making it up...

Old 05-06-2008, 10:15 AM

I have spoken to a number of Americans about health care. My wife's family, our friends, other bloggers, people i meet in the USA. I prefer to listen to people who are affected by the system in America rather than the ones who are not. It's easy to say theres no problem when you can afford health care cover. I was in New Orleans recently and if you want to speak to people affected go there. They can't all be wrong or delusional. They are just normal everyday Americans who want health cover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or