U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2008, 11:35 PM

3,397 posts, read 3,007,670 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, and thanks for taking the time to read this post. I just want to express my general disgust with the whole super delegate issue. Something about it just does not scream democracy to me. Now you good people, go out and vote in the primaries for your candidate of choice and then who ever got the most votes gets the nomination, right? Wrong! Some rich politicians get the final say on your candidate. As if we, the people, are so stupid we can't even chose who we think is right for us. And, just suppose you are on the winning side when the decision is made for you. You are still in the same position as all the rest of us. They made the choice for you, even though that was your choice. Frankly, it is all ridiculous! We are the voters, we have the power, and we are the heart and soul of this great nation. So please, don't let this go down quietly. Speak up and let them all know we are fully capable of electing our own officials without the help of political middle men. It's supposed to be our choice. So let's keep it that way!! Thanks for reading!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 11:59 PM

919 posts, read 1,704,897 times
so where was the disgust when they first brought in this super delegate system? It was put in place by some of the most "progressive" thinkers of the party. and nobody in florida said anything when they where told there votes wouldnt matter because they had bumped up there primary date.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:07 AM

3,397 posts, read 3,007,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
so where was the disgust when they first brought in this super delegate system? It was put in place by some of the most "progressive" thinkers of the party. and nobody in florida said anything when they where told there votes wouldnt matter because they had bumped up there primary date.
I did not bring in the system, I don't live in Florida, and I don't even really care about primaries! I just want the election to be totally in the hands of the people. Do you have some kind of problem with that! I would certainly hope not.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:08 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,555,278 times
Great post. I too am absolutely appalled at the superdelegate process and disgusted with the Democratic party at this point. Quite shabby. The Democratic party appears to be one that is disorganized, poorly run, and stagnant.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:14 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,555,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
Well, those "progressive" thinkers were wrong because they assumed that a clear frontrunner would always be identified early. Hell, I wasn't aware that there was a superdelegate process either because superdelegates were never required to have this prominent a role. It's a ludicrous concept, hands down. The people should pick the nominee, not a bunch of insiders with political alliances and ties that depend on the outcome. It's ridiculous. The OP is right.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:18 AM

300 posts, read 566,937 times
I believe the people should pick the nominee, too. All the people in all 50 states have the right to pick the nominee and none should be decided until all have voted. Just because some idiots who head up the Democratic Party in FL and MI screwed up doesn't mean the people of those states should lose their right to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections