U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-08-2008, 12:38 AM
 
Location: Houston Texas
2,898 posts, read 2,866,273 times
Reputation: 877

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy45 View Post
Anyone that quotes Hannitiy shouldn't be taken seriously.
I wouldn't worry about it.
Anyone who thinks obama is the second coming shouldn't be taken seriously either! Does the media tell you when to blow your nose too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-08-2008, 12:59 AM
 
Location: At my computador
2,057 posts, read 3,083,840 times
Reputation: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Okay, give me a break. Seriously. You can't bring up Hitler without evoking images if gas chambers and death camps and charred remains of the non-Aryan enemies of the state.

The only thing Obama supporters could possibly be interpreted to have in common with Hitler's followers is a sense of fervor, and they have that in common with literally thousands of movements throughout history.

Burning books? Children against parents?

Enough. Be serious.
I don't necessarily think Jews slaughtered or a world at war when I think Hitler. I think of him at the front of audiences and how easy his people were to lead into anything that seemed unreasonable.

Burning books and the showing up at Clinton rallies chanting Obama, refusing to discuss certain issues because they, supposedly, offend ones sensibilities and dismissing religion and gun ownership as being something not of ones culture is all the same. It's all intellectual oppression... an inability to put ones self in another's shoes. (Ron Paul had quite a following of the same thing.)

What makes burning books wrong isn't fire. What makes it wrong is the outright rejection of anything one doesn't understand and the willingness to impose on those you don't understand to the point that it becomes oppressive. That's what the left does and that's what Obama is going to be.

Children against parents, isn't going to be calls to the Gestapo. What it will be is the leftist ideology advanced further in the schools-- It's children rejecting the values of their parents in favor of the indoctrination.

It'll also be the government getting more involved in the parent/child relationship. However, like the Germans, there'll be enough of you that you'll all dismiss away the wrong.

Bad times are coming for us... However, only the minority will feel it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 01:19 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
7,181 posts, read 16,234,947 times
Reputation: 3467
Back to the OPs topic, the answer is no both times (TX). I'm happy that it's finally over, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 02:41 AM
 
58 posts, read 83,838 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Anyone who thinks obama is the second coming shouldn't be taken seriously either! Does the media tell you when to blow your nose too?
I don't think Obama is the second coming. Why did you say that?
But I will vote for him. And odds are he is going to the next POTUS!!!!!!!

The good side Rush and Hannity will have something to talk about the next few years. The Obama haters can always do what the one Baldwin brother threatened to do if Bush was elected. Leave the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 05:56 AM
 
Location: New Mexico
8,388 posts, read 8,317,071 times
Reputation: 4070
Default Anyone Regret Voting for Obama

Not me...

I've voted for him twice, so far. I eagerly anticipate my third vote for him in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 06:34 AM
j33
 
4,625 posts, read 12,845,627 times
Reputation: 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Anyone who thinks obama is the second coming shouldn't be taken seriously either! Does the media tell you when to blow your nose too?
Just because one votes for a candidate, does not mean that person thinks he or she is the second coming.

I'm sick of that particular strawman, it is just silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 06:51 AM
 
Location: Texas
35,026 posts, read 19,148,378 times
Reputation: 20613
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Anyone who thinks obama is the second coming shouldn't be taken seriously either! Does the media tell you when to blow your nose too?
Anyone making the claim that Obama supporters think he's the second coming must simply be dismissed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 09:00 AM
 
58 posts, read 83,838 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Anyone who thinks obama is the second coming shouldn't be taken seriously either! Does the media tell you when to blow your nose too?
You better be careful what you say. I may have to report you. NOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 09:58 AM
 
7,270 posts, read 13,488,486 times
Reputation: 3598
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
I don't necessarily think Jews slaughtered or a world at war when I think Hitler. I think of him at the front of audiences and how easy his people were to lead into anything that seemed unreasonable.

Burning books and the showing up at Clinton rallies chanting Obama, refusing to discuss certain issues because they, supposedly, offend ones sensibilities and dismissing religion and gun ownership as being something not of ones culture is all the same. It's all intellectual oppression... an inability to put ones self in another's shoes. (Ron Paul had quite a following of the same thing.)

What makes burning books wrong isn't fire. What makes it wrong is the outright rejection of anything one doesn't understand and the willingness to impose on those you don't understand to the point that it becomes oppressive. That's what the left does and that's what Obama is going to be.

Children against parents, isn't going to be calls to the Gestapo. What it will be is the leftist ideology advanced further in the schools-- It's children rejecting the values of their parents in favor of the indoctrination.

It'll also be the government getting more involved in the parent/child relationship. However, like the Germans, there'll be enough of you that you'll all dismiss away the wrong.

Bad times are coming for us... However, only the minority will feel it...
Ok. Well. I think you need to lay off the coffee.

Quick question: When were there book-burnings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 10:11 PM
 
Location: At my computador
2,057 posts, read 3,083,840 times
Reputation: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Ok. Well. I think you need to lay off the coffee.

Quick question: When were there book-burnings?
Nazi book burnings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The refusal of every leftist I've encountered to express rational support for their beliefs and the refusal to consider authentic liberal reasoning is no different than the Nazi suppression of ideas. It's sick... and sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top