U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-19-2009, 06:22 PM
 
4,176 posts, read 5,485,916 times
Reputation: 1849

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The spending is to stimulate our economy within our country as opposed to big oil wars in the middle east. Fear mongering? That's strange. I haven't heard Obama mention "yellow cake uranium from Africa" or "WMD's" yet.

The only things the stimulus will stimulate are bigger Government and inflation! The poster you replied to was right: Obama is repeating the same mistake of Bush (out of control spending, massive deficits, interest rates that are too low) but on a MUCH BIGGER SCALE! How can Obama criticize Bush for big deficits when his deficits are much larger? The CBO is going to release a report tomorrow predicting that Obama's budget deficits will be larger than he predicted in his proposals!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2009, 07:54 PM
 
Location: New York, New York
4,861 posts, read 6,079,638 times
Reputation: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
In a similar vein as the question regarding voting for President Bush, does anyone regret voting for Obama now that all the scandalous reports on his relationships with rather shady characters have surfaced?

Personally, I did not vote for him (I am a proud Republican) but would have voted for him had I taken a
Democrat ballot.

At the time, he seemed to be a refreshing alternative to the "politics as usual" positions coming from the Clinton camp.

Now it appears that, not only is he a typical politician, but he is divisive.
Not so far, I'm very happy with him up to this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2009, 08:23 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,614 posts, read 19,052,082 times
Reputation: 18920
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
McCail would, given the republican past, have continued to cut taxes and limited the stimulus to executive bonuses and continued war.
John McCain would have fallen over with a heartache after realizing the enormity of the task ahead and then we have had that bubblehead Sarah Palin as POTUS. And considering that she couldn't pinpoint Pakistan on map, I think that we are ALL gratefull that Obama has been elected to the presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2009, 05:14 AM
 
Location: Earth
24,639 posts, read 24,838,436 times
Reputation: 11318
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Chielgirl, haven't you figured it out by now? There are people who are wondering when Bush is going to show up with his halo! Nothing he did was wrong! He's been pouring money into Iraq and other countries he blew up first, but nobody was to blame for that until Jan. 20th when Obama took office! THEN all that money spent over there instead of helping the American people was HIS FAULT! They'll never quit.
Yes, silly me.
I forgot that critical thinking is not one of the strong points of people from the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2009, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Sheridan, Wy
1,466 posts, read 3,594,542 times
Reputation: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1000 View Post
Voted for Obama and will again. Don't want a 100 years in Iraq and don't want a war with Iran.
I have a question to you and those who voted for him...

What do you think now? He promised as as soon as he got elected to pull the troops out of Iraq within 6 months... that turned into 16 months, and now 23 months... and to top it off he announced either today, or this week that he was going to actually send in more troops because the Taliban and Al Queda must be defeated????

He also vowed to go against the Patriot Act because it violated the rights of the people, but has actually voted for it and to continue it?

He vowed to not pay attention to "Special Interests"???
Yet his entire cabinet is tied to special interests/lobbyists, every single one of them either belong to the C.F.R. (Council on Foreign Relations), Trilateral Commission, or to Wallstreet.

He has hundreds of lies and counting, and he has only been in office a couple months...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2009, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Mount Dora, FL
2,968 posts, read 2,633,173 times
Reputation: 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristynwy View Post
I have a question to you and those who voted for him...

What do you think now? He promised as as soon as he got elected to pull the troops out of Iraq within 6 months... that turned into 16 months, and now 23 months... and to top it off he announced either today, or this week that he was going to actually send in more troops because the Taliban and Al Queda must be defeated????

He also vowed to go against the Patriot Act because it violated the rights of the people, but has actually voted for it and to continue it?

He vowed to not pay attention to "Special Interests"???
Yet his entire cabinet is tied to special interests/lobbyists, every single one of them either belong to the C.F.R. (Council on Foreign Relations), Trilateral Commission, or to Wallstreet.

He has hundreds of lies and counting, and he has only been in office a couple months...
He earned my vote once and will again in 4 years in all probability!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2009, 09:20 AM
 
Location: Sheridan, Wy
1,466 posts, read 3,594,542 times
Reputation: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
He earned my vote once and will again in 4 years in all probability!
And I respect your right to vote for whoever you want...
My question is, based on what?
Does it bother you he has lied though is my question?
He said the war in Iraq was a lie, yet he is continuing it???
The special interests he has???
and the list goes on...

If I voted for him, based on the promises he made, I know I would be very mad and upset. A lot of the "bring the troops" home movements are very upset with him right now and feel betrayed for example..

Thanks for your response...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2009, 09:26 AM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,492 posts, read 51,406,502 times
Reputation: 24613
I expect this spending will really kick in about 2011 and get Obama reelected. Then some other calamity will trigger the real collapse in 2013. The losses have been so huge that even this amount of spending will not create inflation because it will only keep demand level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2009, 09:27 AM
 
6,013 posts, read 6,922,965 times
Reputation: 740
no i dont regret it, the thing is americans are too stupid to realise that no politician can make you 100% happy, thats the way it is and if you agree with everything a politician says because he or she represents your party or parties wing(conservative, liberal, reacionaries etc) you have a problem IMO.


if mccain won he'd be faced with the same dilema even worse since his party probably wouldnt back most of his stances as he did say he dont have many friends in washington
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2009, 09:28 AM
 
2,449 posts, read 4,814,958 times
Reputation: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristynwy View Post
And I respect your right to vote for whoever you want...
My question is, based on what?
Does it bother you he has lied though is my question?
He said the war in Iraq was a lie, yet he is continuing it???
The special interests he has???
and the list goes on...

If I voted for him, based on the promises he made, I know I would be very mad and upset. A lot of the "bring the troops" home movements are very upset with him right now and feel betrayed for example..

Thanks for your response...
Name a politician not trying to satisfy "special interests".
They are only special interests if they are not yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top