U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 03:04 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,518,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristynwy View Post
I have a question to you and those who voted for him...

What do you think now? He promised as as soon as he got elected to pull the troops out of Iraq within 6 months... that turned into 16 months, and now 23 months... and to top it off he announced either today, or this week that he was going to actually send in more troops because the Taliban and Al Queda must be defeated????

He also vowed to go against the Patriot Act because it violated the rights of the people, but has actually voted for it and to continue it?

He vowed to not pay attention to "Special Interests"???
Yet his entire cabinet is tied to special interests/lobbyists, every single one of them either belong to the C.F.R. (Council on Foreign Relations), Trilateral Commission, or to Wallstreet.

He has hundreds of lies and counting, and he has only been in office a couple months...
I voted for a representative of what I believe our country should become in the next four years. I did not vote for a toothfairy to magically fix things overnight.

This isn't a baseball game, and I don't want to go to extra innings. I want things to be decided upon in the most reasonable and adult manner possible. Partisian, he said - she said - nonsense that has no footing doesn't matter to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 11:07 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,594,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
Name a politician not trying to satisfy "special interests".
They are only special interests if they are not yours.
I agree completely, almost all of them are always trying to satisfy special interest's.

I can only count on one hand the a very few who are not after special interests...

Old 04-08-2009, 11:20 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,594,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
who did you vote for in 00-04?
I voted for Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Wow, OBAMA destroyed our economy? Not gee durrbya and his band of merry repiglicans?

Take your meds, Lil, your memory is slipping.

NOPE I do not regret voting for President Obama.
While G.W. took part in heping destroy things, he is not the only culprit, Clinton, as well as presidents before him have set up things hand in hand. Behind the spotlight, there is no different between Dem's & Repbulicans. They are one in the same and have worked hand in hand for many years.
Obama blasted the patriot act during his campaign as being against our rights as citizens. But once he got in to power, he is furthering it and expanding it... Clinton set up things that G.W. furthered and expanded as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
"my first day in office, I would give the military a new mission: ending this war".
PolitiFact | No. 125: Direct military leaders to end war in Iraq

I don't remember a 6 month timetable.
"Barack Obama will work with military commanders on the ground in Iraq and in consultation with the Iraqi government to end the war safely and responsibly within 16 months."
PolitiFact | No. 126: Begin removing combat brigades from Iraq

PolitiFact | He fought to improve it, then voted for it

PolitiFact | No. 240: Tougher rules against revolving door for lobbyists and former officials
You got one!!

For the entire huge list of broken promises, click here:
PolitiFact | The Obameter: Obama's Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken
He's up to 3.
But you were close, with your hundreds estimate.

If you have been tracking the mainstream news, he has said on national television, I have heard with my own ears as well as saw on Associated Press onilne, first it was 6 months, he said it over and over during his campaign. He came to my state and said that as well... Then.. he said 16 months.. and then a few weeks later, I read on AP as well as heard him on national television delcare 23 months.. Now who knows how long he has dragged it out..

One law against lobbyists... is not going to do anything. Every single person in his cabinent is special interest or has extensive wall street ties. That's just to pacify the people and make us think he is actually passing laws against special interests... when he is not...

Actually there are 153 documented lies and counting... Depends on the sources you choose to believe. These lies start from before his campaign, during, and the present...

Thanks for everyone's replies... I have enjoyed hearing everyone's opinion

Old 04-08-2009, 01:44 PM

2,659 posts, read 2,578,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristynwy View Post
I voted for Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party

While G.W. took part in heping destroy things, he is not the only culprit, Clinton, as well as presidents before him have set up things hand in hand. Behind the spotlight, there is no different between Dem's & Repbulicans. They are one in the same and have worked hand in hand for many years.
Obama blasted the patriot act during his campaign as being against our rights as citizens. But once he got in to power, he is furthering it and expanding it... Clinton set up things that G.W. furthered and expanded as well...

If you have been tracking the mainstream news, he has said on national television, I have heard with my own ears as well as saw on Associated Press onilne, first it was 6 months, he said it over and over during his campaign. He came to my state and said that as well... Then.. he said 16 months.. and then a few weeks later, I read on AP as well as heard him on national television delcare 23 months.. Now who knows how long he has dragged it out..

One law against lobbyists... is not going to do anything. Every single person in his cabinent is special interest or has extensive wall street ties. That's just to pacify the people and make us think he is actually passing laws against special interests... when he is not...

Actually there are 153 documented lies and counting
... Depends on the sources you choose to believe. These lies start from before his campaign, during, and the present...

Thanks for everyone's replies... I have enjoyed hearing everyone's opinion
Why don't you link to your source documenting these 153 lies, instead of just claiming it?

Old 04-08-2009, 03:24 PM

8,115 posts, read 17,333,145 times
Sounds like Bob Dylan is, sort of. From the Times UK:

Asked if he thought that Mr Obama would make a good president, the singer said that he had no idea. He added: “Most of those guys come into office with the best of intentions and leave as beaten men.

“Johnson would be a good example of that . . . Nixon, Clinton in a way, Truman, all the rest of them going back. You know, it’s like they all fly too close to the Sun and get burnt.”

In a question-and-answer session with the music journalist Bill Flanagan to promote his new album Together Through Life, Dylan dismisses politics as “entertainment . . . a sport. It’s for the well-groomed and well-heeled. The impeccably dressed. Party animals. Politicians are interchangeable. Politics creates more problems than it solves. It can be counter-productive. The real power is in the hands of small groups of people and I don’t think they have titles.”

A very interesting synposis, regardless of what political hat you don.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Sounds like Bob Dylan is, sort of. From the Times UK:

Asked if he thought that Mr Obama would make a good president, the singer said that he had no idea. He added: “Most of those guys come into office with the best of intentions and leave as beaten men.

“Johnson would be a good example of that . . . Nixon, Clinton in a way, Truman, all the rest of them going back. You know, it’s like they all fly too close to the Sun and get burnt.”

In a question-and-answer session with the music journalist Bill Flanagan to promote his new album Together Through Life, Dylan dismisses politics as “entertainment . . . a sport. It’s for the well-groomed and well-heeled. The impeccably dressed. Party animals. Politicians are interchangeable. Politics creates more problems than it solves. It can be counter-productive. The real power is in the hands of small groups of people and I don’t think they have titles.”

A very interesting synposis, regardless of what political hat you don.
I wouldn't say Dylan has regrets.

Bob Dylan: Barack Obama may leave office 'a beaten man' - Telegraph

Old 04-08-2009, 08:03 PM

4,433 posts, read 3,922,720 times
Anyone with a conscience, that was duped into voting for Barack, knows in their heart that they made a mistake.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Anyone with a conscience, that was duped into voting for Barack, knows in their heart that they made a mistake.
Anyone who voted for him and was paying attention is no doubt pleased that for the most part he's doing exactly what he said he'd do (with more to come, obviously).

How many were paying attention?
Who knows.

The few hundred of us in this forum were paying attention more than most I'd wager, but we're getting our news from different sources and interpreting things differently even when they are presented identically. Bizarre.

I'm happy with what Obama's been up to in his short time in office.
Someone who hasn't been paying attention will no doubt reply to me with "but whats he done?"
Here's a link. Its flash, but has listed some highlights.
INTERACTIVE: 100 Days - The First 100 Days - MSNBC.com

I imagine some people will never be happy with Obama - they strike me as the sort who think politics is a game, and that anyone can be president as long as they share the same ideals.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:33 PM

12,256 posts, read 16,211,809 times
Quote:
Duped by who?

Old 04-08-2009, 10:24 PM

3,854 posts, read 3,744,520 times
Quote:
You must be kidding.

I might add that anyone who voted for McCain/Palin knows in their heart that they threw away their vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or