U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 04:31 PM

25,779 posts, read 38,992,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1000 View Post
Voted for Obama and will again. Don't want a 100 years in Iraq and don't want a war with Iran.
So you want Obama going to talk with another terrorist. Well they only thing that speaks for him is that he has more similar friends....

Too bad that if Obama gets the nominee we will not really get a good debate since the rep. will crush him!!!

The moment Obama gets in the White House that will be the moment all his terrorist friends will have free play time and this country won't be as safe anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 04:36 PM

16,248 posts, read 21,254,320 times
I still support him but reality tells me we are gonna have to vote for HillBill in November. The only thing I regret is that Obama's friend destroyed him. I hope the SOB sleeps well at night after he collects his money or favours from BillHill.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:53 PM

439 posts, read 545,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
So you want Obama going to talk with another terrorist. Well they only thing that speaks for him is that he has more similar friends....

Too bad that if Obama gets the nominee we will not really get a good debate since the rep. will crush him!!!

The moment Obama gets in the White House that will be the moment all his terrorist friends will have free play time and this country won't be as safe anymore.
Your statement don't make much sense. If the rep crush him how would he get in the White House? Oh maybe what your really saying is the Republicans don't have anything to crush him with is that it

Old 05-03-2008, 04:56 PM

439 posts, read 545,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I still support him but reality tells me we are gonna have to vote for HillBill in November. The only thing I regret is that Obama's friend destroyed him. I hope the SOB sleeps well at night after he collects his money or favours from BillHill.
Not me. Reality tells me that she has no way of catching him. Reality tells me that she will have to start to answer those fraud charges. Reality tells me that if they somehow give this nod to the Clinton's then John McCain will be the next President. How scary is that.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:56 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,207,757 times
I will vote for Obama if Hillary doesn't get nominated, I just worry that he will make bad decisions Internationally which could hurt us just like Bush made bad decisions internationally. I also don't think he has the experience to right the economy which Clinton does. Sure, he can hire people to help him but don't we want the Commander in Chief to be knowledgable enough to do it themselves? Isn't that what this one year job interview is all about? Finding a competent person to fill the vacancy?

Old 05-03-2008, 10:15 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,084,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
Sure, he can hire people to help him but don't we want the Commander in Chief to be knowledgable enough to do it themselves? Isn't that what this one year job interview is all about? Finding a competent person to fill the vacancy?
It's not possible for a single person to be an expert across so many fields. What we're-- well, what I'm-- looking for is someone with good judgement.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:06 PM
j33

4,625 posts, read 12,847,128 times
Not at all. However, I've been familiar with the guy for awhile (since his 2004 speech) and voted for him for senator back when he ran for senate in Illinois. I know someone on his campaign who has met him and have had lengthy discussion with this individual about his policies and personality. I feel just fine about my vote. Additionally, I know a woman who lives in Indiana (in her 50's), who traditionally votes Republican cast her vote for him after hearing Michelle Obama speak (she is actually quite the Michelle Obama fan now, dispelling the notion in my mind that white women from a blue collar background are unable relate to the Obama campaign).

Old 05-03-2008, 11:19 PM

60 posts, read 70,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
You have been wrong about the Obama campaign, and i hope you continue to be for a long time, my friend !! Wright didnt "try" to destroy Obama, naive and stupid BUT sincere, he s a great orator, where Obama learn to articulate I am sure

Old 05-03-2008, 11:30 PM

600 posts, read 994,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1000 View Post
Only CIA, special ops and FBI can protect us.
Ya... theyve been so great with it b4. Theyre great at taking away and attacking terrorist rights... erm... wait, i mean OUR rights.

Abolish the CIA. Its unconstitutional, its disgusting.

Start limiting the FBI, it has too much power

I dont want organizations to "Protect" me. I can protect myself.
freedom is free, im willing to die for my freedom if i have to, but that means no giving away my liberties :/

Old 05-03-2008, 11:59 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,268,698 times
I started a post about this a while back but I will post here.

I sure do regret, like Obama, I showed poor judgement with this man and voted for him in my state.

I feel I was fooled by him and now feel that we all have been scammed by him.

He is now coming out with this crap about how he doesnt agree with his pastor. People get real, 20 years later and only when he is running for the Presidency does he not agree with this man.

In my heart I believe Obama and his wife feel the same way about America as Pastor Wright does and only now he is saying this because he knows he is toast if he doesnt.

I really believe he is scamming us, his heart cannot be changed, I believe he really doesnt like whites or he wouldnt make as**ine comments like the people in Pa etc.

Yes, I regret wasting my vote on him. And know many people who also feel they made a huge mistake.

If you Obama fans feel that he is not scamming us then you must agree this man has very poor taste and judgement skills for allowing this pastor to teach him for 20 years.

It cannot be both, either he has poor judgement skills or he is lying to us. I believe he is scamming us.

Nobama 08
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or