U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:33 AM

9,715 posts, read 13,273,516 times

Advertisements

My father voted for Obama in the primaries because he thought the Republicans were afraid of Obama, that Obama was much stronger than McCain.

Now he realizes he screwed up and he won't vote for Obama again. He'll either go Hillary or McCain in the fall. He thinks Obama is a whacko and dangerous. He believes Republicans secretly wanted Obama because he's easier to beat than Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 12:46 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,474,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
My father voted for Obama in the primaries because he thought the Republicans were afraid of Obama, that Obama was much stronger than McCain.

Now he realizes he screwed up and he won't vote for Obama again. He'll either go Hillary or McCain in the fall. He thinks Obama is a whacko and dangerous. He believes Republicans secretly wanted Obama because he's easier to beat than Hillary.
I hope he gets better.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:01 AM

253 posts, read 1,026,647 times
I love Obama dearly but I happen to think that Hillary is a more polished candiate. I have watched pretty much every debate they have had & although I find Obama to be inspiratiional I'm unsure if he's ready now. I also think that Obam has a real quality about him. I love him & his wife. I also was not offended by his bitter comments. In fact it made me like him more because I happen to agree.Clinton on the other hand does come off to be cold & not genuine but I think she is more prepared to hit the ground running. That being said I'd be happy with either one as President.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:34 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,474,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
I love Obama dearly but I happen to think that Hillary is a more polished candiate. I have watched pretty much every debate they have had & although I find Obama to be inspiratiional I'm unsure if he's ready now. I also think that Obama has a real quality about him. I love him & his wife. I also was not offended by his bitter comments. In fact it made me like him more because I happen to agree.Clinton on the other hand does come off to be cold & not genuine but I think she is more prepared to hit the ground running. That being said I'd be happy with either one as President.
Thanks for that perspective. It certainly is well-balanced and fair. I think we can all learn from how you expressed your sentiments here.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:20 AM

12,051 posts, read 11,088,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKGrisgby View Post
South Chicago isn't the hood?
He grew up in Honolulu and Jakarta in a comfortable middle class background. I suppose you're making a way though ... he'll be Barack, that black militant from South Chicago who was running the numbers and other petty scams before Farakhan and Wright showed him the white devil had lead him into a life of crime.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:31 AM

34,542 posts, read 33,516,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
He grew up in Honolulu and Jakarta in a comfortable middle class background. I suppose you're making a way though ... he'll be Barack, that black militant from South Chicago who was running the numbers and other petty scams before Farakhan and Wright showed him the white devil had lead him into a life of crime.
No, my fear is he will rule like Jacques Chirac. That's why I don't want him to win.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:32 AM

3,255 posts, read 4,572,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
No, my fear is he will rule like Jacques Chirac. That's why I don't want him to win.
Let me allay those fears. We elect a President. We do not have a ruler of any sort!

Old 05-05-2008, 06:36 AM
j33

4,625 posts, read 12,837,684 times
In addition to electing a president, there are also three branches of government, that has, to this point, prevented any despots from gaining power, and I predict that this election will be no exception, regardless of who is elected.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:49 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,716,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I have been trying to respond for 10 minutes but can't stop laughing at you. The only people running for president who have been accused of crime are named Clinton. It was not the White Devil who led him to what he has never done it was instead low IQ whites (hmmmm) who helped him realize his intellectual superiority and for that we thank you.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:43 AM

253 posts, read 1,026,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I have been trying to respond for 10 minutes but can't stop laughing at you. The only people running for president who have been accused of crime are named Clinton. It was not the White Devil who led him to what he has never done it was instead low IQ whites (hmmmm) who helped him realize his intellectual superiority and for that we thank you.
ROTFLMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or