U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2008, 11:45 AM

12,256 posts, read 16,175,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
I started a post about this a while back but I will post here.

I sure do regret, like Obama, I showed poor judgement with this man and voted for him in my state.

I feel I was fooled by him and now feel that we all have been scammed by him.

He is now coming out with this crap about how he doesnt agree with his pastor. People get real, 20 years later and only when he is running for the Presidency does he not agree with this man.

In my heart I believe Obama and his wife feel the same way about America as Pastor Wright does and only now he is saying this because he knows he is toast if he doesnt.

I really believe he is scamming us, his heart cannot be changed, I believe he really doesnt like whites or he wouldnt make as**ine comments like the people in Pa etc.

Yes, I regret wasting my vote on him. And know many people who also feel they made a huge mistake.

If you Obama fans feel that he is not scamming us then you must agree this man has very poor taste and judgement skills for allowing this pastor to teach him for 20 years.

It cannot be both, either he has poor judgement skills or he is lying to us. I believe he is scamming us.

Nobama 08
I still don't know what the big deal is over the pastor's comments. I heard them and since I don't believe them and he is not running for president, I didn't spend hours, days, weeks of my life thinking about them. If he is racist, or unashamedly black or whatever it is that they're saying about him now...what's really going to happen? Is he going to push for a lot of loopholes and new laws to help blacks get more than they deserve or give them the upper hand? Not likely. Is he going to make it harder for white people to do or get anything that they've already gotten? Probably not.

I'm sure we've elected presidents in the past who have secretly not liked some group or another --I just don't see why this is such a big deal. Maybe if Obama himseld had made the comments I would feel differently but I can't see punsihing him for associating with someone with skewed views.

At this point I wouldn't care if he did say it as long as he could tell me how he plans to lower gas, get healthcare to those who need it and bring my friends and family home from the war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 08:39 PM

12,050 posts, read 11,113,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I have been trying to respond for 10 minutes but can't stop laughing at you. The only people running for president who have been accused of crime are named Clinton. It was not the White Devil who led him to what he has never done it was instead low IQ whites (hmmmm) who helped him realize his intellectual superiority and for that we thank you.
Tuborg, before you insult my intelligence, you should sharpen your own reading comprehension skills. I'm glad you had a good laugh though, no matter how cheap it was. Cheers.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:49 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,086,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I still don't know what the big deal is over the pastor's comments. I heard them and since I don't believe them and he is not running for president, I didn't spend hours, days, weeks of my life thinking about them. If he is racist, or unashamedly black or whatever it is that they're saying about him now...what's really going to happen? Is he going to push for a lot of loopholes and new laws to help blacks get more than they deserve or give them the upper hand? Not likely. Is he going to make it harder for white people to do or get anything that they've already gotten? Probably not.
1)You're defined by your friends. When you were growing up, you didn't hang out with people who wore white hoods and robes and blacks being hung in effigy, right? Why not? Because we don't associate with people whose views are so far different from our own.

When the radical Christian preachers are on Christian talk radio, I shut it off because they're so offensive. The two who seem to be on when I'm frequently in my car aren't tearing into Islam all the time, but they do occassionally. However, the acrimony that they always have is present in their sermons.

A bitter person like Wright doesn't turn it on and off. He was always bitter and Obama felt comfortable association with him for 20yrs. That says something about what Obama is about.

When Wright's juxtapositioned with his wife's awful attitude and his willingenss to associate with Ayer, it starts to get seriously scary that he's going to be the most powerful man in the world.

2)Yes, Obama will implement racially motivated legislation because he believes, as can be assumed by his willingess to associate with the previously cited individuals and his openly elitist views, that some people should be helped.

I hope to God-- I pray-- that people like you realize how dangerous this situation can be. The Nazi's came to power like this and American can become Nazi Germany. Don't fool yourself into thinking that because we have big screen color TVs today that we're not all the same as we were eighty years ago or even a thousand years ago. Humans haven't changed.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:29 PM

437 posts, read 572,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I still don't know what the big deal is over the pastor's comments.
The big deal is that some black man who was attached to Obama said some stuff that was basically true and some stuff that was a bit strange, and now people who weren't going to vote for Obama in the first place can now say, "Well, I was, but..."

Quote:
Is he going to make it harder for white people to do or get anything that they've already gotten?
Let some of the people here at City Data tell the story, whites are the most disenfranchised group in the United States, and have been ever since we gave (gave? GAVE?) those pesky Negroes the right to vote and sit/eat/go to school wherever they pleased.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:56 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,086,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKGrisgby View Post
...we gave those pesky Negroes the right to vote and sit/eat/go to school wherever they pleased.
Actually, that's what's so scary about Obama and why I referance Nazis. The left is married to their theories and social engineering to the point that all descent is attacked. The intellectual oppression is scary when you get in contact with these people.

They're so committed to it, that they do things like busing black children to white schools not to give the kids equal education opportunities but to get blacks and whites to start moving next to each other. Basically, a bunch of politicians and aides decided that the best way to get neighborhoods to integrate was to use black children as political pawns without regard to their education.

It's the God-forsaken victimization of a few, like the black kids in this instance, that are offered up in worship of theories... without regard for what people really needed: good education in black neighborhoods.

It's sick. Blacks didn't even want to necessarily want to live next to whites... they just wanted their kids educated, but the left has ideas about how people should live and imposed themselves on those kids to attain it.

I forgot to mention: Another reason why Obama's associates are important is because his aides and political appointees are going to run the government. The president is something of a guide-- his people do most of the work. Ayer and Wright signal that he has some real yahoos in the wings that might end up in government. (Not necessarily those guys, by any means, but if he'll associate with them, there's no telling what kind of radicals there are.)

Last edited by One Thousand; 05-07-2008 at 12:07 AM..

Old 05-07-2008, 08:24 AM

3,255 posts, read 4,577,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
1)You're defined by your friends. When you were growing up, you didn't hang out with people who wore white hoods and robes and blacks being hung in effigy, right? Why not? Because we don't associate with people whose views are so far different from our own.

When the radical Christian preachers are on Christian talk radio, I shut it off because they're so offensive. The two who seem to be on when I'm frequently in my car aren't tearing into Islam all the time, but they do occassionally. However, the acrimony that they always have is present in their sermons.

A bitter person like Wright doesn't turn it on and off. He was always bitter and Obama felt comfortable association with him for 20yrs. That says something about what Obama is about.

When Wright's juxtapositioned with his wife's awful attitude and his willingenss to associate with Ayer, it starts to get seriously scary that he's going to be the most powerful man in the world.

2)Yes, Obama will implement racially motivated legislation because he believes, as can be assumed by his willingess to associate with the previously cited individuals and his openly elitist views, that some people should be helped.

I hope to God-- I pray-- that people like you realize how dangerous this situation can be. The Nazi's came to power like this and American can become Nazi Germany. Don't fool yourself into thinking that because we have big screen color TVs today that we're not all the same as we were eighty years ago or even a thousand years ago. Humans haven't changed.
You may define people by their friends, however, I tend to accept people as they are with me. I have neither the time nor the energy to be sorting about in other people's relationship. I have lots of friends and they are all kinds of religons, non religons, nationalities, etc, so I am sure I do not agree with them on lots of things, but Viva La Difference, I do not want to hang out with alot of myselves.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:49 AM

857 posts, read 1,802,304 times
Quote:
I forgot to mention: Another reason why Obama's associates are important is because his aides and political appointees are going to run the government. The president is something of a guide-- his people do most of the work. Ayer and Wright signal that he has some real yahoos in the wings that might end up in government. (Not necessarily those guys, by any means, but if he'll associate with them, there's no telling what kind of radicals there are.)
First of all, the guy's name is Bill Ayers, which kind of reinforces the suspicion that you don't really know what you're talking about and are just regurgitating something you heard Rush Limbaugh say. You do know that Bill Ayers was one of the prominent figures in saving chicago's public school system right? And that his connection to obama was that they both served on the board of a CHARITY organization that neither of them led? They we both APPOINTED to those roles. Are you going to take responsibility for everyone your boss hires?

nonsense.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:40 AM

12,256 posts, read 16,175,487 times
Quote:
1)You're defined by your friends. When you were growing up, you didn't hang out with people who wore white hoods and robes and blacks being hung in effigy, right? Why not? Because we don't associate with people whose views are so far different from our own..
Really? Because my grandfather is a die hard racist - hates everybody that isn't black. I love my grandfather but I don't live by nor am I defined by his beliefs. That whole you are who you hang with only applies in some situations and I don't think this is one of them.

Quote:
1)
Pray for something else. Nazi Germany? Overreacting a tad don't you think? Rev. Wright is only dangerous to the people who spend all their time talking about him because the more people talk about it the more people will listen and the more people will choose to follow him. Why is he any different from the homeless man who stands on the corner and predicts the future? Because people look at his title and his material possesions and say "wow he's someone to follow" before Obama decided to run I'd never even heard of this man. i don't consider him a threat to my everyday life - except for the lack of music being played on my favorite radio station because they keep playing the sound bites

Old 05-07-2008, 10:56 AM

7,271 posts, read 13,496,135 times
My word. I'd like to propose a voluntary Nazi-Hitler moratorium. I mean, seriously.

Does anyone else think the constant references are getting tiresome?

Old 05-07-2008, 11:03 AM

4,831 posts, read 6,182,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
My word. I'd like to propose a voluntary Nazi-Hitler moratorium. I mean, seriously.

Does anyone else think the constant references are getting tiresome?
As tiresome as Hillary followers being uneducated Hillbillies. But once again as a non-Democrat fun to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or