Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 08:57 AM

526 posts, read 1,481,955 times

Advertisements

In a similar vein as the question regarding voting for President Bush, does anyone regret voting for Obama now that all the scandalous reports on his relationships with rather shady characters have surfaced?

Personally, I did not vote for him (I am a proud Republican) but would have voted for him had I taken a
Democrat ballot.

At the time, he seemed to be a refreshing alternative to the "politics as usual" positions coming from the Clinton camp.

Now it appears that, not only is he a typical politician, but he is divisive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 10:15 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
According to the polls in last held primary there are many who changed from Obama to Hillary, that is why she won. I heard an expert saying that many people won't admit over the phone in a poll what they are really voting for, so that was one of the reasons the outcome was different than expected.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:20 AM

690 posts, read 1,015,434 times
No regrets here...

Old 05-03-2008, 10:24 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
According to the polls in last held primary there are many who changed from Obama to Hillary, that is why she won. I heard an expert saying that many people won't admit over the phone in a poll what they are really voting for, so that was one of the reasons the outcome was different than expected.
What "polls"? in what "primary'? you can't just make some generic proclamation and expect it to be accepted as fact. A link please.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:38 AM

439 posts, read 605,800 times
I did and will vote for Barack in a heartbeat. He is the only honest candidate left.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:38 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
What "polls"? in what "primary'? you can't just make some generic proclamation and expect it to be accepted as fact. A link please.
Unfortunately he can make a generic proclamation and have people accept it as fact. In reality there are people in here who will quote him and refer to him as an expert. Scary isn't it?

Old 05-03-2008, 10:44 AM

439 posts, read 605,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Unfortunately he can make a generic proclamation and have people accept it as fact. In reality there are people in here who will quote him and refer to him as an expert. Scary isn't it?
Too Scary. Maybe he got that information from the same poll that states Hillary is the most honest. Do you think.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:51 AM

580 posts, read 1,680,903 times
I support Hillary Clinton

It also seems like Barack Obama has been attacking washington to win... I was watching one of his rallys and I notice how he was attacking washington and Hillary Clinton. One thing he attacked her on was the gas tax holiday.... and many others attacked her on the same issue. Well I dont see a point in attacking her on this issue for her wanting to save every penny she can... hey maybe it wont do much but it saves a penny, and every penny counts. I think this tax holiday was not a solution to solve the whole problem but for a short time. I think one thing Hillary Clinton also understands that she can change America in a better way.. economy ect... but change will take time, and progress... and she is working on it.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:57 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Michigan View Post
I support Hillary Clinton

It also seems like Barack Obama has been attacking washington to win... I was watching one of his rallys and I notice how he was attacking washington and Hillary Clinton. One thing he attacked her on was the gas tax holiday.... and many others attacked her on the same issue. Well I dont see a point in attacking her on this issue for her wanting to save every penny she can... hey maybe it wont do much but it saves a penny, and every penny counts. I think this tax holiday was not a solution to solve the whole problem but for a short time. I think one thing Hillary Clinton also understands that she can change America in a better way.. economy ect... but change will take time, and progress... and she is working on it.
I appreciate your support and feelings for her. The problem with the gas tax issue is that the metrics strongly suggest it would make gas more expensive for Americans. Any lowering of price just drives demand up. Any driving up of demand without an equal increase in supply drives price up. Thus you will have gas right back at the equilibrium point and when the tax goes back on it will be even more expensive until people cut back again.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:19 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Not only do I not regret voting for Obama, I am confirmed in my beliefs that he is the best candidate.

Just because the media is choosing to make an issue of Jeremiah Wright doesn't change the issues that we face as a nation.

I believe in voting the issues not someone religous affiliation especially after they denounced that person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections