U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 10:50 AM

29,740 posts, read 34,764,641 times

Advertisements

Guys I just answered the phone and it was Hillary asking me to vote for her on Tuesday. She assured me should would stand up for me. I thought that strange since I don't recall completing a survey for her campaign on where I stand on the issues. However I am sure that whatever I said you would say yup I will support that. However what struck me was her intent to have no desk in the oval office. Since she would be standing up all day I assumed she wouldn't need a desk and that money saved could be used for her hair appointment. At any rate when I tried to respond back to her she just kept talking (typical) about herself (typical). At any rate I have to wonder if she won't be to tired to answer the phone at 3AM if she has been standing all day representing everyone she called and promised. I am not sure if she hung on me when I made my request or was just not paying attention to me and hung up when she was done. I said very nicely " Mrs Clinton, I would like someone with a history of personal integrity to be President" no sooner did I get that out then boom silence! Am I over reacting? Was I disrespected? Does she no longer want to stand for me?
Oh well whats a guy to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 10:54 AM

580 posts, read 1,520,830 times
Woot Hillary

Old 05-03-2008, 10:54 AM

4,831 posts, read 6,180,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Guys I just answered the phone and it was Hillary asking me to vote for her on Tuesday. She assured me should would stand up for me. I thought that strange since I don't recall completing a survey for her campaign on where I stand on the issues. However I am sure that whatever I said you would say yup I will support that. However what struck me was her intent to have no desk in the oval office. Since she would be standing up all day I assumed she wouldn't need a desk and that money saved could be used for her hair appointment. At any rate when I tried to respond back to her she just kept talking (typical) about herself (typical). At any rate I have to wonder if she won't be to tired to answer the phone at 3AM if she has been standing all day representing everyone she called and promised. I am not sure if she hung on me when I made my request or was just not paying attention to me and hung up when she was done. I said very nicely " Mrs Clinton, I would like someone with a history of personal integrity to be President" no sooner did I get that out then boom silence! Am I over reacting? Was I disrespected? Does she no longer want to stand for me?
Too funny! I wonder why she did not call me. Oh yeah I am not a Democrat.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Too funny! I wonder why she did not call me. Oh yeah I am not a Democrat.
Probably that and do you live in a state voting Tuesday?

Old 05-03-2008, 12:04 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,016,830 times
Quote:
OMG, Tuborg, I gotta tell you, you have me laughing so hard I am hurting.

So she is gonna stand up for you? All day . . . every day . . .

Well, this is not as good as your getting a call from Hillary, but I got one from Elizabeth Dole. But you know - she must like her desk and chair, b/c she did not say a word to me about standing up.

Maybe she is worried about deep vein thrombosis???

Old 05-03-2008, 01:11 PM

4,831 posts, read 6,180,927 times
Quote:
Probably that and do you live in a state voting Tuesday?
I was actually just making fun. I have been called many times when I lived in CA by the Republican party, none since I moved to Texas.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:22 PM

5,697 posts, read 5,444,163 times
Quote:

when the primaries were here in Ga
I got soooooooooooooooo sick of the media blitz of Obama every 5 minutes
and the phone calls
so big wooppee you got a call
if you want someone with "personal integrity" I hope you do not waste your vote on Obama who is counting on you not to hold him accountable
but I am sure you are far smarter that that!

Old 05-03-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
when the primaries were here in Ga
I got soooooooooooooooo sick of the media blitz of Obama every 5 minutes
and the phone calls
so big wooppee you got a call
if you want someone with "personal integrity" I hope you do not waste your vote on Obama who is counting on you not to hold him accountable
but I am sure you are far smarter that that!
To be truthful when you weigh all of the candidates in relation to the issues they all fall way short. I think the reason this election has gotten so out of hand with regards to logic and discussion of the issues is because there is not enough substance with any of them to solve the major problems we face. I do believe Obama due to education and advisors may have the potential. McCain with the gas tax proposal has fallen big time with me. Hillary due to history is taboo in my book especially when it comes to the accountability they have not been held to for the various scandals in their history.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
OMG, Tuborg, I gotta tell you, you have me laughing so hard I am hurting.

So she is gonna stand up for you? All day . . . every day . . .

Well, this is not as good as your getting a call from Hillary, but I got one from Elizabeth Dole. But you know - she must like her desk and chair, b/c she did not say a word to me about standing up.

Maybe she is worried about deep vein thrombosis???
I got another one on my cell a little while ago. I just hung up on her. Disrespect me once shame on you twice, well you know the drill.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:10 PM

775 posts, read 443,576 times
Quote:
To be truthful when you weigh all of the candidates in relation to the issues they all fall way short. I think the reason this election has gotten so out of hand with regards to logic and discussion of the issues is because there is not enough substance with any of them to solve the major problems we face. I do believe Obama due to education and advisors may have the potential. McCain with the gas tax proposal has fallen big time with me. Hillary due to history is taboo in my book especially when it comes to the accountability they have not been held to for the various scandals in their history.
Your views reflect many people's. This is it in a nutshell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or