Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 07:38 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,166,855 times

Advertisements

Timothy McVeigh was in the Army too.

They both have/had problems with the government of this country.

Is this a similar type of "patriotism"?

Please discuss.

Last edited by UB50; 05-04-2008 at 08:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 07:55 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,642 times
Anyone can try to be a Marine and if this guy even was a Marine I do not know how he ever got to be one hating America like he does.
Other Marines should demand he not tell anyone that because Marines are an elite group of men who are proud to be Americans first and protect us second.

He needs to stop being a traitor and stop lying to us.

Jack Murtha was a Marine and look at him, he is a scum traitor who called 6 Marines murderers on national TV before he even know the facts, well guess what, they were all found not guilty and traitor Jack Murtha has no apologized yet. I hope those Marines sue him to pieces.

Wonder if we can dig up others who served with Wright and his military records, since he is so proud to be a Marine we all should know just what kind of Marine this racist pig was. And if he served in any capacity other then being a fake preacher.

He wouldnt last one day in the Marines today.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:58 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,208,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Timothy McVeigh was in the Army too.

They both have/had problems with the government of this country.

Is this a similar type of "patriotism"?

Please discuss.
The both have problems with the government, you have problems with spelling, we all have problems. Spell check is a wunderfull thing my freind.

Reverand...Reverend

That's a pretty serious accusation that you're leveling at Wright. Are you seriously accusing him of wanting to blow up a building with innocent people inside of it?

Old 05-04-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
That's a pretty serious accusation that you're leveling at Wright. Are you seriously accusing him of wanting to blow up a building with innocent people inside of it?
Apologies for the poor spelling.

Now... Think about the paragraph you wrote above and then think about that 9/11 Sermon and the "Chickens coming home to roost" comment...

Old 05-04-2008, 08:20 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,208,474 times
Quote:
Apologies for the poor spelling.

Now... Think about the paragraph you wrote above and then think about that 9/11 Sermon and the "Chickens coming home to roost" comment...
You did read the New York Times article I posted, right? In it, the author points out that Wright was being critical of our foreign policy and was blaming 9/11 on our foreign policy whereas Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell (who McCain really started sucking up to before his death) blamed 9/11 on gays. 9/11 was a direct result of the bombings we carried out in Iraq on a weekly basis during the Clinton administration. Was there a reason we bombed in the first place? I'm sure there was. But that's how wars and conflicts work, they hit, we hit back, they hit back again, and on and on.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:44 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,371,808 times
Military service doesn't earn you an automatic badge of patriotism. Lee Harvey Oswald was a marine, became a communist and assassinated a US president. I'm going to go out on a limb and question his patriotism.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:59 AM

I have a hard time believing anyone who thinks that harm against America is "Chickens coming home to roost" or a good thing is a patriotic person, no matter what part of the armed services they served in.

Wright is typical of anti-government types. He may not go out and set bombs himself, but he doesn't condemn those who do. He seems to feel this is business as usual or something we asked for. The only real difference between him and Timothy McVeigh is that McVeigh actually carried the bombs himself. If Wright had watched that day, surely he would have been a cheerleader since this is what he believes we deserve.

I'm really appalled that we have a candidate for President, Barack Obama, who sat in Wright's church for so many years and listened to this anti-government (black liberation theology) tripe and didn't decide that it was wrong until a couple of weeks ago?

I'm no young Mensa genius. I don't proclaim myself to be wittier, more articulate, better than most Americans. I think I'm kind of average. As an average American, I'm really turned off to the "superior Obama" supporters.

And I have a hard time finding a heck of a lot of difference between the anti-government McVeigh and the anti-government Wright, aside from the fact McVeigh was willing to do the deed while Wright merely wants to cheerlead.

Last edited by UB50; 05-05-2008 at 02:53 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 05-05-2008, 02:37 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,153,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Military service doesn't earn you an automatic badge of patriotism. Lee Harvey Oswald was a marine, became a communist and assassinated a US president. I'm going to go out on a limb and question his patriotism.
John McCain thinks it does. John Kerry and Jack Murtha know that's just more GOP rhetoric.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:57 AM

253 posts, read 1,106,867 times
Quote:
I have a hard time believing anyone who thinks that harm against America is "Chickens coming home to roost" or a good thing is a patriotic person, no matter what part of the armed services they served in.

Wright is typical of anti-government types. He may not go out and set bombs himself, but he doesn't condemn those who do. He seems to feel this is business as usual or something we asked for. The only real difference between him and Timothy McVeigh is that McVeigh actually carried the bombs himself. If Wright had watched that day, surely he would have been a cheerleader since this is what he believes we deserve.

I'm really appalled that we have a candidate for President, Barack Obama, who sat in Wright's church for so many years and listened to this anti-government (black liberation theology) tripe and didn't decide that it was wrong until a couple of weeks ago?

I'm no young Mensa genius. I don't proclaim myself to be wittier, more articulate, better than most Americans. I think I'm kind of average. As an average American, I'm really turned off to the "superior Obama" supporters.

And I have a hard time finding a heck of a lot of difference between the anti-government McVeigh and the anti-government Wright, aside from the fact McVeigh was willing to do the deed while Wright merely wants to cheerlead.
Although Rev. Wright in my opinion is guilty of many things like being a arrogant selfish narsasist, I dont think he is in any way a terrorist like a Timothy Mcveigh. Rev. wright was merely quoting others statements & perhaps even making an opinionated observation that does not mena he condones the actions that took place on 9/11. It would be like if a friend of yours did something you felt was wrong (repeatedly)to someone that you don't even know, that person in turn goes after your friend in a harsh way, perhaps they beat them up. In this situation you will feel bad for your friend you may even have your friend's back in that fight but you may also recognize your friend was the fist one to do wrong & you may even say or at least feel your friend kind of had it coming for all of the wrong she has done. By feeling this way it doesn't mean you don't love your friend or that you wish your friend harm it just means that you realize that your friend isn't perfect. Timothy Mcveigh is very different. He attacked his country. He is a home grown terrorist. It goes way beyond thinking that his country is imperfect he took actions ot pass out punishment to his fellow Americans.

In short RevWright may be many things & believe me I'm not too happy with his actions but he is not some terrorist ready to blow up Americans.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:52 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,728,178 times
The guy who run to Mexico and slaughtered a mom to be and recently was caught, is a marine.
Well there isn't much that comes out the rev. Wrights mouth that is worth something, the only true thing the rev. said is that Obama came out to say what he said because Obama is a politician!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections