U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-04-2008, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
12,646 posts, read 13,891,248 times
Reputation: 1679

Advertisements

How can Senator Clinton win - Mathematically? Or in simplest terms, check your emotions at the door.

I'm curious what scenario, Clinton supporters see, as her path to victory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-04-2008, 03:51 PM
 
237 posts, read 234,648 times
Reputation: 44
once obama's candidacy is ruined, and his popularity down the drain, right after she won puerto rico, she will only be a few delegates below obama. so then super delegates come out and vow and say oh woe is us , obama has urinated on his robe and must now be trodden under the bluebird bus just like his white grandmother he shoved under it. and so then the superdelegates come in and make up the difference and there you have it in a taco shell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2008, 04:02 PM
 
439 posts, read 545,485 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by nail in da coffin View Post
once obama's candidacy is ruined, and his popularity down the drain, right after she won puerto rico, she will only be a few delegates below obama. so then super delegates come out and vow and say oh woe is us , obama has urinated on his robe and must now be trodden under the bluebird bus just like his white grandmother he shoved under it. and so then the superdelegates come in and make up the difference and there you have it in a taco shell.
Gosh all I can say to this is please send me some of them drugs you are smoking bub. There is no way she can except to hope that Obama trips up some how. That's her only hope. Oh wait a minute that won't work either because she deals in solutions (like the pandering of this gas tax holiday) not hope. Oh well better luck next time Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2008, 04:02 PM
j33
 
4,625 posts, read 12,846,298 times
Reputation: 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by nail in da coffin View Post
so then super delegates come out and vow and say oh woe is us , obama has urinated on his robe and must now be trodden under the bluebird bus just like his white grandmother he shoved under it. and so then the superdelegates come in and make up the difference and there you have it in a taco shell.
I have no idea what this even means, is this English or some sort of codespeak to the mothership.

The only current path I see to a Hillary victory is if Obama loses big from here on out (as in unprecedented loses) and as such the Superdelegates recognize that the public opinion has turned. However, that does not appear to currently be the case. While the past couple of weeks have seen a slight dip in public opinion toward Obama, it does not appear that it has had the death knell that some have predicted. However, I do not predict that anything will be over on Tuesday (I predict that Obama will take NC and Clinton Indiana), so I do not foresee this particular path to a Clinton victory actually happening. However, I feel like that would be the only reasonable path to a legitimate Clinton victory. Now, if my predictions (as well as the predictions of all the polls) are wrong, and Obama loses both states big on Tuesday, then yes, things could absolutely get a bit hairy for him then. Personally, of course, as an Obama supporter, I would like to see him win both states on Tuesday, but I'm not entirely sure that is going to happen as I am also a pragmatic person who has not had her head in the sand these past couple of weeks and has seen the affects of negative press.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2008, 04:24 PM
 
237 posts, read 234,648 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
I have no idea what this even means, is this English or some sort of codespeak to the mothership.

The only current path I see to a Hillary victory is if Obama loses big from here on out (as in unprecedented loses) and as such the Superdelegates recognize that the public opinion has turned. However, that does not appear to currently be the case. While the past couple of weeks have seen a slight dip in public opinion toward Obama, it does not appear that it has had the death knell that some have predicted. However, I do not predict that anything will be over on Tuesday (I predict that Obama will take NC and Clinton Indiana), so I do not foresee this particular path to a Clinton victory actually happening. However, I feel like that would be the only reasonable path to a legitimate Clinton victory. Now, if my predictions (as well as the predictions of all the polls) are wrong, and Obama loses both states big on Tuesday, then yes, things could absolutely get a bit hairy for him then. Personally, of course, as an Obama supporter, I would like to see him win both states on Tuesday, but I'm not entirely sure that is going to happen as I am also a pragmatic person who has not had her head in the sand these past couple of weeks and has seen the affects of negative press.

what you said makes sense and i agree with most of it. now superdelegates , you must admit, are operating at a level beyond the delegates counts and popularity counts, so they know that florida and michigan were won by hillary , count or no count and must be taken into consideration, and agreeing that it will take some victories from this point on, there you have it.

now, i m giving the superdelegates credit for being a little smarter than the general population and being aware that obama is a man with only a very flimsy resume that has gotten popular on the backs of blacks, young people and a slight mix of everyone else in between, hardly your well informed citizenry. so, giving the superdelegates some credit for being smart and well informed, they will vote hillary over the top.

of course, the superdelegates are probably just a bunch of fools, and they wont , so that will be that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2008, 04:37 PM
 
29,739 posts, read 34,754,280 times
Reputation: 11622
So much for emotions being left at the door. However the gray matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2008, 04:39 PM
 
237 posts, read 234,648 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
So much for emotions being left at the door. However the gray matter?
there is mighty little science in political science. i thought you knew that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2008, 04:43 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,495,014 times
Reputation: 18436
Not a Clinton supporter in the least, but the only way she can win is if the superdelegates give her enough votes to do so. She has already lost the primary campaign. She's now trying to convince them that she's the best choice against McCain despite not being able to beat Obama. Twisted Clinton logic, but there it is.

This race has been over since Super Tuesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2008, 04:54 PM
 
29,739 posts, read 34,754,280 times
Reputation: 11622
Quote:
Originally Posted by nail in da coffin View Post
there is mighty little science in political science. i thought you knew that.
Sorry I have to disagree with that. The use of metrics has made the discipline very much a science. This forum is most often not the application of Political Science as the use of Empirical Data is limited. As the attached points out almost three fourths of the scholary articles in the top 3 Political Science publications used empirical data.

The POWERMUTT Project

Political discussion is not Political Science
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2008, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Sugar Land, TX
437 posts, read 572,094 times
Reputation: 73

YouTube - How Hillary Can Still Win
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:42 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top