U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 01:58 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 783,805 times

Advertisements

I'm a White Male, so which one of these am I supposed to click:

Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In | Home

Or am I not welcome on Barack Hussein Obama's website?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 04:04 AM

25,890 posts, read 39,185,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post

I tried to help you, but it seems you aren't welcome.....
Luckily there are some other candidates who have better judgment and who will welcome anybody.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:17 AM

12,646 posts, read 13,921,915 times
Quote:

You hit the wrong Link...here's the one you want.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:15 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,931,363 times
Quote:

Actually, in light of the fact that the White Male used to be the default voter to reach, this is interesting to look at.
Those subcategories (Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders, Labor, African Americans, Americans Abroad, Environmentalists, Women, etc etc) are obviously special groups to whom I assume Obama is extending a hand.

McCain's website mentions people in government and the military who support him, as well as Hispanics. In another section, lawyers, veterans and women are highlighted.

Correct me if I am wrong: Clinton's website doesn't really specify any groups that I could see, and her "connect with others" section makes you fill out a form first, which I did not want to do.

John Edwards, White Male, had to drop out, as did others.

Maybe White Males are not so important anymore? The horror!

Old 05-06-2008, 06:29 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,698,745 times
Default It's not for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You hit the wrong Link...here's the one you want.

I read the link that you provided. And, I see just how it affects us.

It's the same old tune - For instance, focusing on racial profiling and racism, rather than focusing on the roots of crime and responsibility within the communities (and the people themselves).

The programs he suggests for the workplace, such as broadly making flexible hours requirements shows that he may not fully understand productivity in industry. There's a lot to be said about these types of programs.

Unless there is something else somewhere, both of these links give the impression that this man will somewhat divide this country further along racial, ethnic and economic lines.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:35 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,523,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post

It's the same old tune - For instance, focusing on racial profiling and racism, rather than focusing on the roots of crime and responsibility within the communities (and the people themselves).

The programs he suggests for the workplace, such as broadly making flexible hours requirements shows that he may not fully understand productivity in industry. There's a lot to be said about these types of programs.

Unless there is something else somewhere, both of these links give the impression that this man will somewhat divide this country further along racial, ethnic and economic lines.
That's just what so many of us who researched him a while ago have been trying to say all along. His hope and change is for the birds....I don't want any part of it.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:42 AM

7,987 posts, read 11,230,033 times
Quote:
Agreed!

NOBAMA 08!

Old 05-06-2008, 06:45 AM

12,646 posts, read 13,921,915 times
Quote:

Can you elaborate? What are your experiences with this type of employment structure? What do you see would be an improvement to this type of plan. Where or what does it fail to address?

Old 05-06-2008, 07:14 AM
j33

4,625 posts, read 12,870,903 times
Quote:

Ah, I see, you don't work (Labor) you don't got to church (People of Faith) you are not a Veteran, you are not interested in Educational issues (Student), you are older (Generation Obama) and you don't care about the Environment because apparently you live in a bubble.

I see now. You are just bitter because the American electorate has finally woken up and realized that there is more to America than white males and that it is being acknowledged, it is starting to irk you.

Did you forgot that Obama, and Clinton were both elected by the same political system that has been electing white males since its formation and both Clinton and Obama know this. They also know that alienating white males is no way to get elected.

You, however are obviously looking to be alienated and offended by 'that scary guy has that weirdo foreign name', and people seeking out offense usually find it.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:40 AM

3,861 posts, read 7,600,455 times
^^^^

You hit the nail on the head j33. Now the OP knows how the rest of us plebians feel. Too bad so sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or