Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 08:15 PM

580 posts, read 1,675,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan77 View Post
I must give Obama credit for his marketing campaign. Brilliant slogan, and images and footage of the man surrounded by his slogans connected to enthusiastic supporters certainly have an impact on viewers' votes and their susceptibility to be swayed in his favor.

I'm not a U.S. citizen and I can thus not vote nor am I affiliated with any of the candidates, and I'm a psychology major and former sales man. I find it disturbing that Obama, associated with that alleged change we can believe in, changes his own beliefs about a long-time friend who wed Obama to his wife and baptized his children. This change of Obama's mind was brought on because of popular opinion, and that's not a change you should believe in.

20 years of friendship to Reverend Wright equals a significant impact on Obama, his family, and their past experiences, and a sudden change of heart brought on by external opinions is not a change to believe in. Remember that next time you see the slogan, "A change to believe in", that the hardest change to make is one contradicting long-term experience, and keep Reverend Wright's face in mind when you think about that change and see those slogans.
I support Hillary Clinton, Woot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 08:16 PM

58 posts, read 92,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan77 View Post
I must give Obama credit for his marketing campaign. Brilliant slogan, and images and footage of the man surrounded by his slogans connected to enthusiastic supporters certainly have an impact on viewers' votes and their susceptibility to be swayed in his favor.

I'm not a U.S. citizen and I can thus not vote nor am I affiliated with any of the candidates, and I'm a psychology major and former sales man. I find it disturbing that Obama, associated with that alleged change we can believe in, changes his own beliefs about a long-time friend who wed Obama to his wife and baptized his children. This change of Obama's mind was brought on because of popular opinion, and that's not a change you should believe in.

20 years of friendship to Reverend Wright equals a significant impact on Obama, his family, and their past experiences, and a sudden change of heart brought on by external opinions is not a change to believe in. Remember that next time you see the slogan, "A change to believe in", that the hardest change to make is one contradicting long-term experience, and keep Reverend Wright's face in mind when you think about that change and see those slogans.
Since you are not a citizen why are you worried about it anyway?
I would be worried about making my own country better. Since I assume you live in the U.S. So you are either a lpr(green card holder) or here on a visa.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:19 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,513,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
Yah! Lets vote for Hillary. Now there's an honest truthful politician for you! Give me a break! No, we don't care about Rev. Wright since Obama is running for President, not Rev. Wright.
Yea but Obama Salami IS just another form or Wright, even has the same DNA. He only parted from the racist pig hate monger when he started losing points because of him. Remember they were best friends for 23 years. People dont walk away from 23 year old friendships. You watch. The day after Salami is elected (God forbid) he will be talking to Wright again and attending his racist church again. Mark my words.

And for the 12th time, just because some one has the intelligence to know what a bum Salami is does not automaticly mean they support Billery. And it also does not mean they support McAmnesty. Can the more intelligent among us just call them what they ALL are? Lying conniving corrupt clowns.

President Obama. That sounds so American like doesn't it. We will be the laughing stock of the world. It is kinda like a Joe Smith running for president of India among a nation of Patels or Japan in a nation of Hiroshi.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:22 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,532,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
What demographic is it that is inherently blind to truth? I was not aware that there was any specific demographic with that defined trait. Please enlighten us as to whom you are referring.
The demographic that is open to the truth.

You can’t understand, change, or improve something if you don’t even see it.
Danielle Marie Crume

Old 05-07-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Yea but Obama Salami IS just another form or Wright, even has the same DNA. He only parted from the racist pig hate monger when he started losing points because of him. Remember they were best friends for 23 years. People dont walk away from 23 year old friendships. You watch. The day after Salami is elected (God forbid) he will be talking to Wright again and attending his racist church again. Mark my words.

And for the 12th time, just because some one has the intelligence to know what a bum Salami is does not automaticly mean they support Billery. And it also does not mean they support McAmnesty. Can the more intelligent among us just call them what they ALL are? Lying conniving corrupt clowns.

President Obama. That sounds so American like doesn't it. We will be the laughing stock of the world. It is kinda like a Joe Smith running for president of India among a nation of Patels or Japan in a nation of Hiroshi.
Dam your missile solo has internet access. Usually I would not respond but I just could not resist.
So I guess you have a Native American name? Since they are the original Americans.
So to be a true American requires a WASP name?
Rocket Scientist so you did a dna test on Obama?
So how much work have you done on the human genome project?

Old 05-07-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post

If Obama becomes POTUS our status in the world is most likely to rise. Are you aware that many in the world hate us? Many see us as an Empire. Not to say that their hate is justified or even correct. I am just pointing out your statement about being the laughing stock of the world is not true. Much of the world think we are a laughing stock now with Bush. I would explain world politics to you but from your post it would be a waste of my time.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:16 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,601,588 times
You cannot trust him, you cannot count on him.

He is a scam, a liar, a racist and allot more that would take up all the memory on this board.

What has this scum ever accomplised, nothing, well one thing. He has you all fooled ( scammed ).

His brillant new sign should say

Nobama 08
Scam artist at work

Or how about the one with the misspelled word "judgment" on the front of his mic?

Real leader he is, he has divided not only a party but has brought back racial division to our country.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:19 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,969,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKGrisgby View Post
As my mother used to say, "Don't say it if you can't spell it."
Tell your mother her rules don't apply to forums.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:20 PM

236 posts, read 613,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
You cannot trust him, you cannot count on him.

He is a scam, a liar, a racist and allot more that would take up all the memory on this board.

What has this scum ever accomplised, nothing, well one thing. He has you all fooled ( scammed ).

His brillant new sign should say

Nobama 08
Scam artist at work

Or how about the one with the misspelled word "judgment" on the front of his mic?

Real leader he is, he has divided not only a party but has brought back racial division to our country.

The real scumbag is the nutty old ''g##k hating' bigot named John McCain.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:24 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,601,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioninaconcretejungle View Post
The real scumbag is the nutty old ''g##k hating' bigot named John McCain.
Wouldnt you hate those who hung you from the wall and left you dangling from your arms?? Sure you would.
I am sure you would love those who tortured you! He has every right to call them this.

As far as Obama, now that is a bigot.

Nobama 08
Loves you today, hates you tommorrow
Leader of the rat pack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections