Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:25 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You've proven my point. Thank you. It has been so enlightening watching you.
Don't get mad at her because she won the arguement! Nobody that supports Obama on this site has done any of the following
1) present arguments that show that Obama has a plan
2) listen ot other points of view without calling names
3) shown an ability to think and not regurgatate what the biased media tells them.
So, how about it? Will someone finally prove all of us wrong and tell us something about the man that might show us a sign of him being more than a empty suit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 08:34 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Don't get mad at her because she won the arguement! Nobody that supports Obama on this site has done any of the following
1) present arguments that show that Obama has a plan
2) listen ot other points of view without calling names
3) shown an ability to think and not regurgatate what the biased media tells them.
So, how about it? Will someone finally prove all of us wrong and tell us something about the man that might show us a sign of him being more than a empty suit?
I'm not a she.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:37 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I'm not a she.
Sorry, my mistake!

Old 05-12-2008, 10:10 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Yeah, like you prove a point quoting somebody else instead of speaking in your own words.
Whoa I guess nobody told that to all of the teachers who use quotes from other people to prove points

Old 05-12-2008, 08:23 PM

335 posts, read 1,028,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Uh no. Obama offers very little beyond "hope" and "change" and that's why I feel it's the "Fantasy" ticket.

There are so many people voting for Barack because he sounds good. They don't have a clue what he represents.

McCain is more like a dirty old shoe. He's been around a long time. You know what he stands for.
lol! That was funny.
Now what I mean is for those who support Senator Clinton but face the possibility of Obama winning the nomination. I was speculating as to why some dems may vote for McCain but perhaps I did not word it correctly.
As far as McCain I remember him when he ran the last time, much more optimistic much more lively. These days he has been saved from scrutiny mainly because the race between Obama and Senator Clinton have been making headlines. He has been lucky enough to go beneath the radar but I doubt this will be the case to much longer. He has to answer for his flip flopping (oh yes he does) his agreements with the way issues were ran by the Bush Administration all of his lil extra-curricular activities re: native american lands, his spiritual counslor, his explosive temper not only with his wife but regarding to side comments and snippets he has made with foreign leaders. And let us not mention he cannot even read off of teleprompters, I am thinking a regurgitated Bush?
And the new spin, Barr a former rep. now belonging to the lib party running as well. There has been some predictions of BARR stealing away some of McCain's votes. As to how many? This remains to be seen.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:56 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
I am a Hillary Supporter and I would never ever ever vote for McCain. I think he is on the completely opposite spectrum on practically every issue for me (accept for one).
Actually at this point in politics I would never vote for a Republican.

I don't care that much for Obama, but I would vote for anyone of the street before voting for McCain. But that's me.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:00 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
I've stated why in a few other threads. I'm only going to repeat this one more time.

Obama wants to appeal to people's emotions. His ideas are not practical. He acts as if solving a problem is as easy as saying "Solved!". He's basically one of those "Got a problem? Let's create a multi-billion dollar program to solve it." type of liberals. That kind of attitude isn't good when you consider the status of our economy and the debt we're in.
Ummm. I don't know about that. If he will run the country as well as he ran the campaign I would not mind him being a president. Came from nothing and yet collected more cash then Clinton WHILE overspending her, still won the states AFTER all the Wright's horrible publicity...Umm, not a big Obama supporter, but I think you are underestimating him.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:08 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Ummm. I don't know about that. If he will run the country as well as he ran the campaign I would not mind him being a president. Came from nothing and yet collected more cash then Clinton WHILE overspending her, still won the states AFTER all the Wright's horrible publicity...Umm, not a big Obama supporter, but I think you are underestimating him.
Well if we should vote for president, the one with the best campaign machinery because of their superior organizational skills and fund raising capacity, then we need someone like Warren Buffet or Bill Gates running our country. Obama is more like a product of Madison Avenue. Obama is like Coca Cola or Marlboro cigarette. His worth is more the result of good advertising, than what he actually is.

So some that say his worth is in the way he inspires them to be a better person with all that hope and change talk... there's no reason why they can't start living better right now, even before November. It's all a state of mind. And we don't need Obama or the Pope or a god to make our personal lives better. We need to use our own brains instead of theirs and take more personal accountability for our actions. The talent and ability for change is all within ourselves.

The Obama supporters are treating Obama as some miraculous antidepressant drug cure for their perceived ills of society and their pessimistic view of life. But he's not... and his campaign having a budget of over $200 million to spend on electing him is crazy and wasteful. No presidential campaigns should ever cost this much. And what will happen in future presidential campaigns? Will our next presidents all be people that raise the most money? Is that how we will reward them? And it's all the tv and radio stations and the print media that win every election year with all the ad spots bought by the candidates, not the voters.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:28 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,548,448 times
Presidential elections have been ruled by the candidate with the most funds for decades. I'm not saying that it's right, but it's certainly not new.

Knocking Obama for raising "too much money" is the most ridiculous thing I've heard yet. Everyone would wish upon their candidate of choice a fundraising effort like that.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:32 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Well if we should vote for president, the one with the best campaign machinery because of their superior organizational skills and fund raising capacity, then we need someone like Warren Buffet or Bill Gates running our country. Obama is more like a product of Madison Avenue. Obama is like Coca Cola or Marlboro cigarette. His worth is more the result of good advertising, than what he actually is.

So some that say his worth is in the way he inspires them to be a better person with all that hope and change talk... there's no reason why they can't start living better right now, even before November. It's all a state of mind. And we don't need Obama or the Pope or a god to make our personal lives better. We need to use our own brains instead of theirs and take more personal accountability for our actions. The talent and ability for change is all within ourselves.

The Obama supporters are treating Obama as some miraculous antidepressant drug cure for their perceived ills of society and their pessimistic view of life. But he's not... and his campaign having a budget of over $200 million to spend on electing him is crazy and wasteful. No presidential campaigns should ever cost this much. And what will happen in future presidential campaigns? Will our next presidents all be people that raise the most money? Is that how we will reward them? And it's all the tv and radio stations and the print media that win every election year with all the ad spots bought by the candidates, not the voters.
Agreed.

In my opinion, I've always though Penn Jillette would make a good president.

I told myself before that I would vote between McCain, Hillary, Obama depending on who I think would be best, but I've changed my mind. I don't like any of them. I will be doing a write-in for Ron Paul, who I supported from the beginning. Funny how a people don't realize that Paul would help blacks more than any other candidate. Cutting back on spending. Abolishing the IRS. Lowering taxes. Who comes close? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections