Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 06:54 AM

31,672 posts, read 40,946,963 times

Advertisements

Feminists sharply divided between Clinton, Obama - Yahoo! News (broken link)

So much for the myth that all women were supporting Hillary for her brains, integrity and trustworthiness. Talk about pressure and blind loyalty due to gender. Not from me but out of the mouth of babes. Hmmmm did I make a PC mistake with that? Out of the mouth of babes is a generic expression and that is how I am using it. OK?

Last edited by TuborgP; 05-10-2008 at 07:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 07:04 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,102,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post

So much for the myth that all woman were supporting Hillary for her brains, integrity and trustworthiness. Talk about pressure and blind loyalty due to gender. Not from me but out of the mouth of babes. Hmmmm did I make a PC mistake with that? Out of the mouth of babes is a generic expression and that is how I am using it. OK?

"Out of the mouth of babes"..."babes" refers to BABY'S ...you know, tiny young people....it's an OLD saying from before you were born when "babe" didn't refer disrespectfully to women.

""all woman ""....I assume you mean "women".....anything is a myth when the term "all women" is applied.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:09 AM

31,672 posts, read 40,946,963 times
Thank You for your response. I offer the following for whatever.

Brush Up Your Bible: Out of the Mouths of Babes

Old 05-10-2008, 08:42 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,406,176 times
Default Feminists sharply divided between Clinton, Obama

ksl.com - Feminists sharply divided between Clinton, Obama

Old 05-10-2008, 09:21 AM

8,924 posts, read 11,709,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post

So much for the myth that all women were supporting Hillary for her brains, integrity and trustworthiness. Talk about pressure and blind loyalty due to gender. Not from me but out of the mouth of babes. Hmmmm did I make a PC mistake with that? Out of the mouth of babes is a generic expression and that is how I am using it. OK?
It's sad but not too surprising. Some people will vote for her no matter what. It won't matter that Hillary Clinton has worked hard to help outsourcing jobs to India and bringing foreign workers into this country at the expense of American workers. It won't matter that she abandoned universal health care after being paid off by insurance lobby groups. And it won't matter that she practically supports a no-restriction immigration policy.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:04 PM

18,658 posts, read 33,264,641 times
Not this feminist- I'm not divided with Hillary on one side. As a Democrat, I was, but she and her campaign and her blowhard husband's potential third term have kicked me clearly into another camp. I'd have to vote for her against McCain, but don't think that's going to be the choice. (Assuming "feminst" means "nothing in life is determined by gender- unless it's truly determined by gender.") I'd be happy to see a woman president- just not this woman

Old 05-10-2008, 03:05 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,072,877 times
That's because feminists are not sexist. Not like black people being racist and over 90% of them voting for Obama because he is black.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:40 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,549,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
That's because feminists are not sexist. Not like black people being racist and over 90% of them voting for Obama because he is black.
And for years we have been told by the black people that deciding something by the color of ones skin or race is racist. They need to start practicing what they preach. It is so two faced to say one thing and do another.

I admire Hillary, but I probably will not vote for her because of her policy selections unless McCain chooses a really bad running mate. It would just be dumb to vote for her because she is a woman and we have never had a woman as President of the USA before. I do think her qualifications run rings around Obama and are equal with McCain. This has nothing to do with her being a woman. She is a very capable person. It is a shame that she is being cheated out of this nomination. I admire that she is not a quitter.

It is my opinion that Obama would no longer be in the running except for the high percentage of blacks voting for him. My state was the worst, but he did not win in my county. He is just too immature to be president. It is all hype. I see no substance in him.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:55 PM

437 posts, read 629,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
And for years we have been told by the black people that deciding something by the color of ones skin or race is racist.
So blacks should go back to voting for white people just to appease the likes of you and your kind, is that what you're saying? Maybe I was asleep through the Movement (apparently, you weren't even alive), but I could've sworn that we all have the right to vote for who we want, for whatever reason we want.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:11 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,875,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
As Stephen Colbert would say, you are officially on my list.

Don't you think saying something like "over 90% of them voting for Obama because he is black" is racist? How very racist of you to assume that you know why people vote the way they do.

I mean, holy cow, I had no idea my family and friends were such rebels. What were we thinking, being actively interested in this campaign? How dare we use our brains? How dare we hold debates down at the senior center, or spend our afternoons discussing all the candidates. Some of us even went to hear Hillary Clinton and John McCain. Obviously that's against the rules. We're not allowed to do that! No sir! According to you we have to join the Obama herd just because we're black.

FWIW, I am voting for Obama. And I have a very long list of reasons that made me come to that decision. But I supported Hillary for a long time. I switched to Barack in mid April for a number of reasons. Mostly, I developed concerns about her honesty and integrity, and did not like what she said in the PA debate about her policies on Iran. The stupid summertime gas tax idea was the final blow. Her response to the economists that opposed the idea was not what I want to hear from a presidential candidate. Ever.

My husband supports McCain. He likes his army service. And McCain's stance on the mortgage crisis. But I guess he broke the rules by reading all those newspapers. How dare he use his brain and not just choose a candidate based on color? Apparently, according to you, we don't have brains. We're compelled to vote for someone because of skin color.

The recent racist comments from Hillary were the nail in her coffin, as far as we're concerned. Maybe they earned her a few votes in WV but they cost her dearly as far as support from my circle of friends. You're comments are almost as offensive as what Hillary had to say. How very sad that people still talk and think that way. Fortunately we are intelligent enough to know the candidate miu supports should not be held responsible for what you say.

Grrrrr

Last edited by normie; 05-10-2008 at 04:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections