Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:08 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
Give me a break. I've seen him say "We've been to 47 states..." In about 12 different speeches in the last 2 weeks. You pick out the one where he has a brain freeze and try to make some insane connection?
The guy hasn't slept in 4 months. I think mistaking the word "fifty" for "forty" is ok. Here, work on this for a bit: The Complete Bushisms - By Jacob Weisberg - Slate Magazine
Why does Obama needs excuses for not remembering Matt Lauers name and calling him "Tim", while Hillary is just as much on the road. If you can't handle the heat get out of it. So maybe Obama should quit!! Too much to handle.
I don't mind that both are out there and IMO both should stay in the race. Nobody will ask a sports team to get out of the race after half a season is played, although the once who are in place 9 or lower might not ever have a chance. So why are people suggesting to Hillary to quit! that is the most losers question I have ever heard!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 12:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Why does Obama needs excuses for not remembering Matt Lauers name and calling him "Tim",
OMG, can you imagine if McCain had these gaffs? The media and left-wing would be all over it saying he is too oooooollllllddddddd.

That will be their mantra. To no avail.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:12 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,903 times
I despise everything Obama stands for but this is a real strrrreeeaaattttccchhh!!! I'm sure on this one he just misspoke. not like Hillary did on the sniper thing but for real.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
IF Muslims are naughty bad people WHY do you support "liberating" Iraq
I'll let you twist a bit to try to figure where you are going wrong in your premise. Hint; it is in your statement. One more hint; you need to preface the "muslims" with something. Good luck

Old 05-13-2008, 12:46 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Is Obama Smarter Than A 5th Grade Jaywalker?
By Doug Patton
May 13, 2008 Is Obama Smarter Than A 5th Grade Jaywalker? -- Doug Patton -- GOPUSA (http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/dpatton/2008/dp_05131.shtml - broken link)

Presidential hopeful Barack Obama has an indicted, Syrian-born Chicago shyster named Tony Rezko for a financial mentor. He has a screwball, race-baiting, America-hating pastor named Jeremiah Wright for a spiritual mentor. He has an unrepentant domestic terrorist named William Ayers for a political mentor. (Obama's Mideast Advisor Robert Mallery has too many connections with terrorists.) And he has one of the angriest wives ever to aspire to the position of First Lady.

Obama refuses to wear a flag lapel pin because he thinks it is more patriotic to criticize his country than to support it, or even to wear a symbol of its support.

Obama thinks those of us out here in flyover country are all a bunch of bitter, gun-toting, Bible-thumping bigots furious at "those who don't look like us."

Read the rest of the story at: Is Obama Smarter Than A 5th Grade Jaywalker? -- Doug Patton -- GOPUSA (http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/dpatton/2008/dp_05131.shtml - broken link)

Barack Obama has been in more states in the United States than any other American.
YouTube - Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States
I think he's lost track of all the states he wants to disenfranchise by not counting their votes!

Old 05-13-2008, 12:52 PM

654 posts, read 1,210,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
OMG, can you imagine if McCain had these gaffs? The media and left-wing would be all over it saying he is too oooooollllllddddddd.
Hit. Nail. Head.

Of course the media will NEVER do or say anything to derail the ascension of the Chosen One - He who is for Change and Hope and is all things to all people.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:38 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Spend your time wisely.....like tracking down on the SD's. Obama is +4 today to Hillary's 0.
Knowing the correct number of US states may not be an issue among dems. . . we'll have to await the general election and see if others think a US president should know how many states he's/she's presiding over.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:51 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh but if McCain had said the same you Obamatons would screeching about his age.

Just seems a leeetttle coincidental to me.

Did you hear some of the W. Virginnies saying he was a muslim? Fits right in doesn't it?
You sound like a scorned Hillary supporter to me. Save yourself the heart ache and just move on........

Old 05-13-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
You sound like a scorned Hillary supporter to me. Save yourself the heart ache and just move on........
Oh my, no. Never. I'd just as soon cut my hands off. I depise the clintons and always have.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:33 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
this is a real strrrreeeaaattttccchhh!!! I'm sure on this one he just misspoke.
Give me a break. Of course it was a slip of the tongue. Everbody does it, it's funny but that's about all. There's no hidden agenda.

I mean honestly--would the OP like it if I went through all his posts on this forum and pointed out all his typos? Just read through this forum-- everybody makes typos, spelling errors, double posts, and word slips all the time. And we aren't weary from a grueling campaign trail or being watched 24-7 by hundreds of people just dying for us to slip up and be mocked.

All the candidates have slipped up recently. So what--they're tired. Barack said 47, not 57. McCain mixed up Sunni and Shiite. Hillary uses the word "he" when talking about herself being the future president. Those are just slips of the tongue (not deliberate "faulty memory" a la the sniper story).

When you consider the schedule those three have had lately it's amazing they don't slip up more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections