U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-13-2008, 10:29 AM
 
3,733 posts, read 7,206,602 times
Reputation: 4793

Advertisements

Let me get this out right away: I am no fan of Hillary Clinton. I don't like her because she doesn't care about American workers. She worked hard on behalf of the Indian Tata consulting firm to soutcource jobs to India. She also helped them bring foreign workers into this country. She turned her back on universal health care coverage after insurance companies paid her off. She favors of special intitlement groups. And she is all for illegal immigration.

Given all this, you would think that most intellegent people would vote for someone else. The results, however, show a close race. How is this possible? Well, fear, among other factors, is working for her. Most people won't admit it, but the fear of having a black president is so strong that they would run out and vote for any other candidate. But they can't openly say that because that would make them racists. So they hide behind other things when trying to discredit Obama. another group backing her are extreme feminists. If this group has their way, the male species would be castrated and sent to slave labor camps. Hillary Clinton is their ideal candidate. Illegal immigrants and their children are backing her as well. They, of course, want a president who will keep the border open for them to come freely.

That's my thought on Hillary Clinton's support base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-13-2008, 10:39 AM
 
Location: Houston Texas
2,898 posts, read 2,752,817 times
Reputation: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Let me get this out right away: I am no fan of Hillary Clinton. I don't like her because she doesn't care about American workers. She worked hard on behalf of the Indian Tata consulting firm to soutcource jobs to India. She also helped them bring foreign workers into this country. She turned her back on universal health care coverage after insurance companies paid her off. She favors of special intitlement groups. And she is all for illegal immigration.

Given all this, you would think that most intellegent people would vote for for someone else. The results, however, show a close race. How is this possible? Well, fear, among other factors, is working for her. Most people won't admit it, but the fear of having a black president is so strong that they would run out and vote for any other candidate. But they can't openly say that because that would make them racists. So they hide behind other things when trying to discredit Obama. Other group backing her are extreme feminists. If this group has their way, the male species would be castrated and sent to slave labor camps. Hillary Clinton is their ideal candidate. Illegal immigrants and their children are backing her as well. They, of course, want a president who will keep the border open for them to come freely.

That's my thought on Hillary Clinton's support base.
Why does everyone that does not want Obama in office have to be a racist? Obama is a extreme liberal with very questionable associations with racsist pastors, a domestic terrorist and terror groups abroad. He also favors amnesty for illegals. Hillary has won most of the major states (California, New York, Florida, Texas, New Jersey and Pennsylvania). It is obvious that she has lots of support and that the media is trying to control the minds to turn them against her. I am not a Hillary backer, but she does make a better choice than obama, a "lesser of two evils" if you will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2008, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
31,575 posts, read 53,094,619 times
Reputation: 14494
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Why does everyone that does not want Obama in office have to be a racist?
Hillary of late, has thrived on saying that he is out of touch with "hard working, middle class whites". Not exactly a clarion call for equality.

Quote:
Obama is a extreme liberal
How?

Quote:
with very questionable associations with racsist pastors, a domestic terrorist and terror groups abroad.
Snap out of it. I cant believe fellow democrats(if you arent a Dem, then Im not talking to you) could actually buy such nonsense hook, line and sinker. Do you think party leaders would support that if it were true? I cant believe this rationale.

Quote:
He also favors amnesty for illegals.
For the ones already here, so do I and most other democrats.

Quote:
Hillary has won most of the major states (California, New York, Florida, Texas, New Jersey and Pennsylvania).
Yet he still has more popular votes and delegates, how do you explain that?

[quote]It is obvious that she has lots of support and that the media is trying to control the minds to turn them against her.

Quote:
I am not a Hillary backer, but she does make a better choice than obama, a "lesser of two evils" if you will.
No, he is definitely the lesser of 3 evils. John McCain is a third term of George W Bush, if he doesnt go senile first, Hillary Clinton would be a fine choice, but she would divide the country even more. Barack Obama is the only one of the three I see as a viable candidate.

But that's me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2008, 11:23 AM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,165 posts, read 8,078,240 times
Reputation: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Let me get this out right away: I am no fan of Hillary Clinton. I don't like her because she doesn't care about American workers. She worked hard on behalf of the Indian Tata consulting firm to soutcource jobs to India. She also helped them bring foreign workers into this country. She turned her back on universal health care coverage after insurance companies paid her off. She favors of special intitlement groups. And she is all for illegal immigration.

Given all this, you would think that most intellegent people would vote for someone else. The results, however, show a close race. How is this possible? Well, fear, among other factors, is working for her. Most people won't admit it, but the fear of having a black president is so strong that they would run out and vote for any other candidate. But they can't openly say that because that would make them racists. So they hide behind other things when trying to discredit Obama. another group backing her are extreme feminists. If this group has their way, the male species would be castrated and sent to slave labor camps. Hillary Clinton is their ideal candidate. Illegal immigrants and their children are backing her as well. They, of course, want a president who will keep the border open for them to come freely.

That's my thought on Hillary Clinton's support base.
I would prefer Hillary or McCain over Obama. Obama is far too liberal for me. Go ahead, call me a racist.

And Obama wants to give illegals financial aid to go to college, so what are you on about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2008, 11:29 AM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
31,575 posts, read 53,094,619 times
Reputation: 14494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post

And Obama wants to give illegals financial aid to go to college
Republican Utah is already doing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2008, 11:31 AM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,165 posts, read 8,078,240 times
Reputation: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Republican Utah is already doing that.
Yeah, well, I would've known that already if Utah was actually an important state.

Last edited by Haaziq; 05-13-2008 at 11:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2008, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
31,575 posts, read 53,094,619 times
Reputation: 14494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Yeah, well, I would've know that already if Utah was actually an important state.
Its actually more noteworthy that a small, republican state is doing it rather than some big liberal one-wouldnt you say?

And Barack gets labeled elitist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2008, 11:37 AM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,165 posts, read 8,078,240 times
Reputation: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Its actually more noteworthy that a small, republican state is doing it rather than some big liberal one-wouldnt you say?

And Barack gets labeled elitist.
They needed some way to make their state appealing to people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2008, 11:38 AM
 
8,287 posts, read 11,473,129 times
Reputation: 4938
Clinton has gotten as far as she has because she is a known entity. She and Obama have near identical political policies save for healthcare reforms. The issue now is of personality and race and Americans for the most part fear change. All of the political nonsense about Obama's pastor is about the worst they can tie him too and that works for many people. It's just an excuse to not vote for him. Why is she winning blue collar white votes in rust belt states when she and her husband were proponents of NAFTA and free trade deals with China that finally put the RUST into the rust belt!

Obama's "bitter" comments were quite telling if you seriously analyze it. He was asked why is he having such a hard time in Pennsylvannia and he said people were bitter and cling to their guns and religion. It wasn't an insult but a cold splash of reality that manufacturing jobs are no longer there and people find comfort in things they believe in.
Hillary promises the rust belt states a better future yet her husband helped foster policies that were detrimental to them. Today West Virginia will vote for her and if she is elected I bet that state will still be in the same place economically 4 years from now as it is today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2008, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
31,575 posts, read 53,094,619 times
Reputation: 14494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
They needed some way to make their state appealing to people.
LOL

I think its pretty interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top