Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 01:20 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,262 times

Advertisements

The best way to ensure that Hillary never runs again - not in 2012, not in 2016, not ever - is to keep her saddled in debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 01:32 PM

845 posts, read 2,743,774 times
Havent the Clintons made $100 million over the last few years. Why the hell would I bail Hillary out. Im lucky if my bank account is in the double digits.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:32 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
The best way to ensure that Hillary never runs again - not in 2012, not in 2016, not ever - is to keep her saddled in debt.
She will never be able to run again cause Bill is just not gonna stick around any longer

Old 05-13-2008, 02:16 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
She will never be able to run again cause Bill is just not gonna stick around any longer
You're making a joke, but actually I suspect you're right that a divorce is in their future. But I disagree that she will never be able to run again. I think they will both benefit from heading off in different directions.

Hillary needs to return to being a savvy, well-spoken, graduate of Wellesley. She will do very well if she returns to her elitist roots.

Bill can get away with the folksy, corn shucks routine. He can be folksy and still be taken seriously as a politician and intellectual. It didn't work for Hillary. IMO, Hillary's big mistake in this election was trying to follow Bill's path.

I don't usually believe in divorce. But they don't seem married to me, and they haven't for a long time. She needs to break away from him and find her own way.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:24 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
For those of us that support President Obama and have given both time and money to his effort (both in my case), if he comes to you and ask you to help pay off Hillary's debts "in the name of party unity" will you contribute to Hillary? As much as I am not crazy about the idea after some of the things she has said recently, if he ask me to do it, I will.

Clinton status puts focus on her $20 million debt - Yahoo! News (broken link)
This is just another reason she should not be President!!! She cannot even manage her own campaign money! Or maybe she just thinks there is a bottomless pit of money? Much like our taxes!

Old 05-13-2008, 02:25 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
You're making a joke, but actually I suspect you're right that a divorce is in their future. But I disagree that she will never be able to run again. I think they will both benefit from heading off in different directions.

Hillary needs to return to being a savvy, well-spoken, graduate of Wellesley. She will do very well if she returns to her elitist roots.

Bill can get away with the folksy, corn shucks routine. He can be folksy and still be taken seriously as a politician and intellectual. It didn't work for Hillary. IMO, Hillary's big mistake in this election was trying to follow Bill's path.

I don't usually believe in divorce. But they don't seem married to me, and they haven't for a long time. She needs to break away from him and find her own way.
She was a Republican when she was at Wellesley and we do not want her back!

Old 05-13-2008, 02:28 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
She was a Republican when she was at Wellesley and we do not want her back!
But-- but-- but--

I was hoping she'd become the republican VP candidate!

Old 05-13-2008, 02:50 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Nope, sure wouldn't. Nobody told her to spend all her money campaigning and the fact that she didn't have good advisors watching her own money pretty much tells me she wouldn't have any watching over mine

Old 05-13-2008, 03:45 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
I'd vote for her if I must, to vote for the Democrat. But send money? No way.
Bill Richardson was the first candidate I ever sent money to, and Obama the second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections