Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 07:25 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,379,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I don't think Obama could beat McCain, I could be wrong, but I don't think he can win. The reason is the democrats made the same mistake they made in the last election - they will nominate a candidate that is too far to the left. That, and, Obama may have a few more skeletons in the closet that have not yet been disclosed or he will pull a Howard Dean and self destruct. The press have given him a free pass so far, but wait till he is nominated.

McCain, not the best electable candidate, certainly not the best from a conservative point of view, but republicans know how to win an election. Simply, nominate a middle of the road/almost liberal, candidate. They did it with Bush, they will do it with McCain.

Hillary? She has allot of distractors, but I do believe she could have won against McCain. The reason is because she, again, is a middle of the road candidate. Sure the Clinton's are slime balls, people knew that about Bill, they know that about Hillary, but most people won't mind. Unfortunetly for her, the "slimeball" factor lost her enough delegates in the democratic fight so that she will loose the nomination. Not that she won't go down without a fight. The Clinton's have a well-skilled political machine that knows every dirty trick in the book. But she won't be nominated.
We keep lowering the bar and expectations and this is the kind of candidates we will get! We should be raising the bar and demanding more of our candidates because they are suppose to be speaking for us.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:43 PM

144 posts, read 334,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I can think of one Aaron, .... Bush. He has been a disaster to the constitution, the economy and the nation.

Go sell a house, you have no clue about the workings of President Bush. Typical liberal #$%$#
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections