Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 09:16 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,008,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
Thank you for reiterating exactly what I said. Prepare to be slamed for "messed up priorities" and "being all about yourself"!!!
Yo, please take a look at my posts, I think they're on page 1. I didnt mean you or anyone here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 09:16 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,064,612 times
Misleading title... a few hundred...a dozen, two, one...don't represent all women who are for Hillary......

Old 05-16-2008, 09:20 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,812,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpy01 View Post
Since Roe v. Wade was mentioned, I'm going to go out on a limb and make a prediction that the whole cyberworld can throw in my face if I am wrong. I predict that no matter who gets to the white house and no matter what the Supreme Court makeup is, Roe v. Wade will never be overturned.

The abortion issue is the most polarizing issue in our country, bar none. Overturning it would create chaos. Both the Right and Left use it to rally their bases.

It's the same as the gay rights issue. Liberals thought Bill would do something for gay rights. He did. He gave them Don't Ask Don't Tell which was a cop-out and then turned around and signed the Defense of Marriage act. Gay rights was an issue to rally the bases, too.

This is why I will never be a one issue voter.
Interesting. . . don't really know but I feel that as medical science evolves and the miracle of life becomes more and more awe-inspiring; and civilization becomes more and more, well, civilized, that people will look back at this practice as utterly barbaric. Subsequent generations will look back at this as a far greater evil than say, how we now reflect back on those who permitted slavery.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:21 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,008,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Misleading title... a few hundred...a dozen, two, one...don't represent all women who are for Hillary......
Not at all, that's what's funny! This is from page 1 of this thread:

YouTube - Democratic Party Defection - Hillary Clinton

Old 05-16-2008, 09:22 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,812,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
No, no, no! I dont mean you, if that's what you're saying! I mean Cynthia Ruccia!

My two posts point out that CR, whose "Clinton Supporters..." group is the topic of this thread, threatens to switch to McCain in retaliation for Hillary not getting the nomination, and for feeling insulted. And that that would be stupid because McCain's party is not the party that traditionally supports feminist goals. I just think she's funny (see the O'Reilly video) and in this situation personifies sanrene's nicely ironic title, "Madder than a wet hen."

Im sorry if you misunderstood.
Well, since you quoted my post, I assumed that you were referring to it.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:23 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,394,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I have to disagree with you. This will greatly increase the number of and breadth of woman in the anti abortion movement. This is a major hit against pro choice and may have significant implications for gay rights etc. Wow the pro life groups may win after all. It will only take another supreme court pro choice nominee and it looks like woman are jumping on the bandwagon to get one.
I really don't understand how you come to the conclusion that, "This will greatly increase the number of and breadth of woman in the anti abortion movement."

These women are pro choice or they wouldn't be supporting Clinton. Apparently, in their anger, they are not looking at the big picture i.e Roe v Wade and the Supreme Court. I have confidence that once they settle down and look at things rationally, they will support Obama. The Supreme Court nomination argument trumps all else.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:23 AM

439 posts, read 603,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Expect huge crowds...uh huh.

"a spokesperson and organizer for a group calling itself "Clinton Supporters Count Too." She said the group -- numbering in the hundreds, and organized in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, and Michigan -- stands ready to boycott the Democratic Party if Clinton doesn't win the nomination"

They should join the political process, not become a group of radicals.
Sad to say that if these Hillary Supporters boycott the Demeocratic Party then they were never for Hillary and her policies to begin with. They were only for her because she is a woman. How sad is that. The Democratic Parties policies are Hillary's Policies and Barack's Policies. So we know that its not the policy issue here. These woman have to look towards the future for their kids and their families and get their heads out of the Hillary is owed this nomination because she's a woman BS

Old 05-16-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpy01 View Post
Since Roe v. Wade was mentioned, I'm going to go out on a limb and make a prediction that the whole cyberworld can throw in my face if I am wrong. I predict that no matter who gets to the white house and no matter what the Supreme Court makeup is, Roe v. Wade will never be overturned.

The abortion issue is the most polarizing issue in our country, bar none. Overturning it would create chaos. Both the Right and Left use it to rally their bases.

It's the same as the gay rights issue. Liberals thought Bill would do something for gay rights. He did. He gave them Don't Ask Don't Tell which was a cop-out and then turned around and signed the Defense of Marriage act. Gay rights was an issue to rally the bases, too.

This is why I will never be a one issue voter.

Bolding mine and you're right.....the Republicans NEED it to run on!!!! Why would they get rid of it????
AND...all polls show most Americans do believe in women's right to choose.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:28 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,812,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Bolding mine and you're right.....the Republicans NEED it to run on!!!! Why would they get rid of it????
AND...all polls show most Americans do believe in women's right to choose.
Now there are 3 of us like minded individuals.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
Now there are 3 of us like minded individuals.
Maybe in here but in the real world there's millions who know this as fact....including Republican politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections