Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 02:44 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times

Advertisements

I thought the t-shirts were targeting both of them. You know a Black or a Woman a Bro or a Ho not the standard white guy of the Republicans. We should both be offended not either or?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 02:45 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,988 times
I'm sure Hillary would get the same pass if she'd refer to a young african-american reporter as "boy." In the current PC climate, racism trumps sexism. It's not even close.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:57 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I thought the t-shirts were targeting both of them. You know a Black or a Woman a Bro or a Ho not the standard white guy of the Republicans. We should both be offended not either or?
Uh, it says "before" not "or." Besides, Obama has referred to himself as a "brother." Has Hillary ever referred to herself as a "ho?"

Old 05-16-2008, 03:17 PM

Please for not wanting to be banned from City-Data I officially am ducking your question

Old 05-16-2008, 03:19 PM

I figured out a nice response. Ask the designer of the t-shirt and if you can trace it back to a sinister left wing organization operating out of the Obama basement then go for it.

Everyone I think is posting that it is wrong and not the fault of either campaign.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:07 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,851 times
Thumbs up Agree Completely

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Me either, but there are these women. They've been around forever and they're always "political," whether styling themselves feministas or flailing about in some ruckus with the Gray Ladies. They'd be very funny characters to write. Can you imagine being Mr. "Clinton Supporters Count Too"? (I'm a feminist from way back so don't tell me I'm being sexist.) The whole thing just cracks me up.

Cynthia Ruccia is from Ohio. Here is an Ohio blogger who, in commenting about C and her group, points out why it's a really bad idea for women with C's concerns to support McCain:
88-year-old (yes that's EIGHTY-EIGHT) John Paul Stevens is all that stands in the way of a Supreme Court majority in favor of overturning Roe v. Wade. If the Republicans get to nominate Stevens' replacement (it's widely been rumored he's been holding out on the court hoping a Democrat will be elected in 2008) then we will have a Supreme Court majority in favor of overturning Roe v. Wade. It's really that simple.

Not only that, but we will presumably also have a majority in favor of overturning Griswold v. Connecticut, upon whose reasoning Roe v. Wade was based. Griswold gives unmarried women the right to take contraceptives.
Buckeye State Blog | Pamphleteers of the Revolution

More Cynthia, from 1996: THE BAITING GAME - TIME
I don't know if anyone has any documentation on Supreme Court Justice nominations that have not passed Congress. This is why this issue is important. Whoever is President will have the power, so to speak, to nominate a Justice, and the likelyhood of Congress rejecting the nomination is very slim, IMO.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:27 PM

I have always wondered how the feminist wing of Clinton supporters reconciled their beliefs with Mr. Clinton's behavior. Should that have been something they had to deal with or are they consistent?

Old 05-16-2008, 08:14 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I have always wondered how the feminist wing of Clinton supporters reconciled their beliefs with Mr. Clinton's behavior. Should that have been something they had to deal with or are they consistent?
In the past it was just accuse the victim of being trailer trash.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
i think if the american voters are as smart as i think they have grown, hillary is next president and the war will be over soon. but i am an optimist. its about the money. show me the money, oh there it is in DOD's pocket.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:46 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Well, let's use the CNN math on this! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections